This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

smart remote app for tv wifi

bob76bob76 Member
edited November 2016 in Ideas & Suggestions

i have an app smart tv remote v3.2.0 for Android

is there a option to get this working on the homey so more smart tv control is possible for more older tv's

this works via wifi so no I.R problems

the app samsung smart tv for homey does not support my older e model Samsung and this app is very complete and can control all the function of the real remote?????

Comments

• do you have a link to the app on the appstore?

• do you have a link to the app on the appstore?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adi.remote.phone
  • To much adds in this app :-( 
  • If someone has some spare time. You can download the APK, extract it using some tools and see in the source how the connection's are being made. If it's just native android there is a possibility to create a homey app for it.
  • If someone has some spare time. You can download the APK, extract it using some tools and see in the source how the connection's are being made. If it's just native android there is a possibility to create a homey app for it.

that would be nice then a lot of Samsung tv's can be controlled via homey
  • no intrest for this ???

would open up a lot of new samsung tv's to the mix controlled by wifi so no more ir bad responses

please guys help me out

• Looking forward to try this app

• Hi everybody,

I am the developer of the mentioned app. Before trying to extracting the code, why no one just write a mail to the developer. I think this will be faster and easier :)

Can you tell me what exatly homey is and what exactly do you want that this app should do?
    Lets talk abour the details.

I already work with other companys to support external hardware devices.
    With the current release external IR Sender like AnyMote and zmote are supported.

Cheers
    adiroid
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited December 2016
    @adiroid Welcome, and thanks for your kind approach.
    Homey is a home-automation piece of hardware, integrating multiple protocols which can be linked together.

Homey can use apps to add functionality. These apps are node.js-based (see developers.athom.com for full information if you're interested). I assume the people posted above would like to control their TV fully via this app (on/off, volume (both raw and relative), channels, (HDMI) inputs, etc).

Thanks!

EDIT: Re-read your app description, and it might work via IR-enabled phones? In that case, Homey can also send out IR signals, but I'm not expert on that field.
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    adiroid said:
    Hi everybody,

I am the developer of the mentioned app. Before trying to extracting the code, why no one just write a mail to the developer. I think this will be faster and easier :)

Can you tell me what exatly homey is and what exactly do you want that this app should do?
    Lets talk abour the details.

I already work with other companys to support external hardware devices.
    With the current release external IR Sender like AnyMote and zmote are supported.

Cheers
    adiroid

homey is a Dutch project home automation speaker that works with almost all device's you can think of. 

the best of your app it works via Wi-Fi and supports a lot of Samsung tv's

the ir department of homey is not that great jet, so that's why i like this app to work with homey i use it almost every day to control my tv's downstairs and up stairs al in the same Wi-Fi network

the app we have in the store right now does  support only the F series fully as your app supports a very wide range of series

i would be very happy if this can be added to the homey app store

• Hi all,

sorry for the late response.
    It was stressfull during the last days and I was on vacation.

My app has 4 working modes, network mode for older Samsung TVs, internal infrared port, external infrared Anymote, and external infrared zmote.

So you are interested in the network mode, controlling Samsung TVs, right?
    My app supports SAmsung TVs from B Series till F Series, whereas just the B Series work in a different way.
    Samsung TVs C - F Series are working over the same protocol, thus your app should also work with older Samsung Tvs.
    Have you tried it?

Currently, my app offers a tasker plugin that you can use to control all commands from outside the app.
    Is maybe Tasker the first step you can try to extend homey?
    Or what do you need exactly?

Happy new year
    adiroid

PS: By the way, there is a Beta group to receive beta versions before official release, if someone is interested.
    We can also handle this topic there: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110577739551210733859
    It helps me to keep everything in one place and not across different forums.

• Hi @Adiroid,

Already more info of Support your app @ Homey?
    I see you support now The Newest Samsung Tv's!
    I want to test it for you.
    Let us Know!

Greetz Jaap-Jan