This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

433 range testing

13»

Comments

• Roos001Roos001 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problems using KaKu in combination with Homey. Homey only listens to APIR 2150 (movement sensor) when it is less than 3 meters apart from it. With me, the AEX-701 extender does not improve the receiving of signals.
    In contradiction to suggestions that 433 would be an oldfashioned protocol: Nothing seems wrong with KaKu (and its protocol) because direct communication between APIR 2150 and other KaKu equipment like ACD-1000 works perfect.
  • @Roos001
    I soldered a 16,8 cm wire on my APIR-1250 and the range doubled.....
  • i have a kaku wall plug within 2 meters of homey and on is about 90% hit ratio, off about 1 % where the remote can be used at all times from the same (homey) location.
  • Homey Hardware issue? Atom Always said is was a software issue, but it looks they can 't get it to work properly
  • It looks like the new  Homey firmware version (1.1.2) and/or the new klikaanklikuit app (2.8.9) solved my 433 problems. The APIR 2150 signals are much better received! Thanks!
  • not here... with 8800
  • Roos001 said:
    It looks like the new  Homey firmware version (1.1.2) and/or the new klikaanklikuit app (2.8.9) solved my 433 problems. The APIR 2150 signals are much better received! Thanks!
    The release notes do not speak of any work in that aspect. Are you really sure it has changed, for me it is still the same, sending is more or less okay, reception is dismal. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
    That came with 1.1.0 :  https://firmware.athom.com : Improved 433 Mhz signal detection
  • 433 sending from homey was improved for me whit the last update.
    my farrest receiver (stekkerswitch) works again
  • Mathijs said:
    Roos001 said:
    It looks like the new  Homey firmware version (1.1.2) and/or the new klikaanklikuit app (2.8.9) solved my 433 problems. The APIR 2150 signals are much better received! Thanks!
    The release notes do not speak of any work in that aspect. Are you really sure it has changed, for me it is still the same, sending is more or less okay, reception is dismal. 
    Before this/these version(s) max distance between Homey and APIR 2150 sensor was about 2 meters. Now it works well at a distance of >10 meters. Perhaps a restart of the microcontroller will help? (instellingen -> systeem -> stuff for geeks show)

• glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    not here... with 8800
    try to set a delay for 2 sec. and look if it will work ? i have the awmt-003 and it only works if i use it to switch lights on with a delay for 2 sec. I know it is not supposed to work that way, but it is for now an known problem that with some 433mhz stuff you need to set a delay(sometimes mostly not) to work.

I have to set a delay for mine motion sensor from kaku also. This one switch a light on when i open the front door.(sensors are less then 50cm from each other)
    And another motion sensor (backdoor i don't need to set a delay but there the sensors are more then 4 meters from each other)

Hope it will work.
  • Roos001Roos001 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Roos001 said:
    Roos001 said:
    Today a new version of KlikaanKlikuit (2.8.10). Problems are back  :'(
    Did you report it on Git? 
  • do we know what 2.8.10 brings?

• Actually nothing what should influence the reception (that's only possible in Homey FW versions I think) or in processing signals:
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/commit/f553a514cc37be920f54ebfc8b087ebd4cbf582f

and the improvement is gone...  damm,  next time it works i turn off automatic update
    and the improvement is gone...  damm,  next time it works i turn off automatic update
    Please report it on Git.  Thanks 
  • djesko said:
    Please report it on Git.  Thanks 
    Please do. @Roos001 : You deleted your comment? Did it work after all?
  • You know: actually it's really interesting if 2.8.10 is the cause. Since KaKu is on Github for some time now, could one of you install KaKu from the CLI? Version 2.8.9 is here:
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/tree/5c2f84e379b0b91cce85d13f9839bd16920881e6
  • You know: actually it's really interesting if 2.8.10 is the cause. Since KaKu is on Github for some time now, could one of you install KaKu from the CLI? Version 2.8.9 is here:
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/tree/5c2f84e379b0b91cce85d13f9839bd16920881e6
    Especially since .10 doesn't change anything that should have impact on receiption, but you could try to confirm it  didn't  break it and  the problem came back due to something else at the same time by accident? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
    Seems a strange coincidence... But... At the same time some changes were made to Somfy, afaik on the transmitting-side of the app....Shouldn't be the cause either :# but something seems to have changed as two people notice this... Perhaps the radio keeps sending so it can't receive good enough?
  • i put it on git
    i would love to put the old versie back, but not tonight.
    i have never done that and must read into that first.
    i will look in the weekend
  • djesko said:
    Roos001 said:
    Roos001 said:
    I was to early with my posting (sorry folks!). A reboot of my Homey seems to have solved the problem. 
  • Roos001 said:
    djesko said:
    Roos001 said:
    Roos001 said:
    I was to early with my posting (sorry folks!). A reboot of my Homey seems to have solved the problem. 
    Like my problem? 

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1228
  • Update from Emile Athom, problem is Homey causing 433 Range issue