This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to copy a flow

Roos001Roos001 Member
edited December 2016 in Questions & Help
Is it possible to copy a flow to one with another name while saving the original ("save as" function)

Comments

• do you mean something like this ?

• Roos001 said:
    Is it possible to copy a flow to one with another name while saving the original ("save as" function)

For the regular(non "nerd") user it impossible to copy a flow... 
  • @Roos001 it is very easy , just try the app " flow backups" in the app store
  • MHubert said:
    Roos001 said:

Why would you have to be a "nerd" to use the Flow Backup app?
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup
  • Thanks to all! It would be nice to have an easy "save as" function. So you could save some work and develop the flow further under a new name (some kind of "flow version" management)
  • there is an easy way!!....but it think you mean an "easier" way  :)
  • @glijie: Tried flowbackup, but cannot copy the bearer token right-clicking on the homey. Am I doing something wrong?
  • You should use chrome-browser for this. Then rightclick and copy the link, this has the bearer-token. You can also press F12 in chrome, go to application -> cookies - http://[ip] and in the right column there's the bearer-token...
  • Feeling a bit stupid, sorry .....
    I use the Homey app on my desktop to work with my Homey. How do I use Chrome to do so? To which URL do I have to go to log in on my Homey?  
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    press on homey right mouse button and then copy link adress
    paste the adress in a browser and there you find the token

1- type in chrome --> my.athom.com
    2- if your logt out then select your account
    3- you see picture here under
    4- press on homey right mouse button and then copy link adress
    paste the adress in a browser and there you find the token

ber.JPG 15.9K
  • I'am new here, I know how to install the apps, but were can i start / use a app?
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    did you take a look here?
    https://www.athom.com/nl/support/

• Roos001 said:
    Feeling a bit stupid, sorry .....
    I use the Homey app on my desktop to work with my Homey. How do I use Chrome to do so? To which URL do I have to go to log in on my Homey?  

As said it's, for the beginning homey users, "not possible" to copy flows.

Christmas  <3
  • Glad u said it again @MHubert, thnx for that.
    For the geeks it's also not possible atm what @Roos001 is asking for in the starting post. While making a flow, copy it, save it and continue with the copied flow is not possible at all. Has nothing to do with being an ass or not, it's just not possible right now.
  • Fire69 said:
    MHubert said:
    Roos001 said:

Why would you have to be a "nerd" to use the Flow Backup app?
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup
    Glad u said it again @MHubert, thnx for that.
    For the geeks it's also not possible atm what @Roos001 is asking for in the starting post. While making a flow, copy it, save it and continue with the copied flow is not possible at all. Has nothing to do with being an ass or not, it's just not possible right now.

More and more Homey users are from a different tech level then the Geek/Kickstarter backers. Those last members are mostly active on the forum and advising people users to there tools to use hacked tools based on the none official published api. One undocumented change and apps as such will be killed and the normal users are standing in the dark. 
  • Ok. Short noob answer then:
    Not possible at the moment, maybe later.
  • MHubert said:
    More and more Homey users are from a different tech level then the Geek/Kickstarter backers. Those last members are mostly active on the forum and advising people users to there tools to use hacked tools based on the none official published api. One undocumented change and apps as such will be killed and the normal users are standing in the dark. 
    With your attitude, any new user will forever stay a 'noob'...
    Maybe some users are willing to do something extra except push buttons without thinking?
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    MHubert said:

Why do you think that the app "flow backups" is a none official app? It is in the app-store! isn't it?.

I can't remember that  someone wasn't helped in this forum because they didn't know how something worked.

@Roos001 there is an easy way to copy your flows, if the flows are copied then they get another name which you can change in name you like.
    So if the roadmap i gave previously was not clear, then lets try it again.

1- Open the internet browser CHROME
    2- enter the url my.athom.com
    3- you will see the login account below ( See pic)

4- if you are already logged in  then you see something like the pic below

5- click on your account en then you will see the next pic. like below. 

6 please go with your mouse-pointer to the homey and click on the right button of your mouse. See pic below.
    And select the link copy (linkadres kopieren)

7- paste (plak) the link in the url bar of the chrome explorer as in the pic below. In the blue color you see your token that you need to copy

8- login to your homey and go to settings (instellingen) see below and select flow backups( Assuming that you installed the flow backups app from the app-store)

9- Paste the token you copied (See point 7) and press save. then you can make backups from your flows you did make and also copy single or multiplied flows. The backup wil give you an zip file and if you use the copy one or multiplied flows , those will be saved where you make your flow.

Succes !!

@MHubert i think its possible for beginning users  to copy flows. I think you meant to say " It is impossible to copy flows if you don't have an homey"

Christmas  3 
  • WoW! What a kind action & good effort to make this roadmap for  @Roos001 ! That is how we all got to appreciate this forum full of Homey-lovers. My knowledge is somewhere in between @Roos001 and the "geeks", and my searching me a little smarter everytime.  I get many kind responses with help from the community. And all they ask for is beer :-)!

Remember the booklets with screenprints of Windows98 logins etc. that any newcomer in th e office would receive...? They looked just like the procedure description above! In the public library there were many heavy books on Windows, totally filled with screenprints with red arrows! Everyone wanted some kind of "Windows for Dummies" book. (which finally appeared so much later…).

Today, most of that is common knowledge, or has been polished away from the screens of Windows (and other besturingssystemen, I use Chomebooks only...) by smarter programming.

The underlying issue in this very valid discussion should have the attention of many of us. We want Homey to live!! What will Athom do while the upcoming tsunami of requests and issues hits their fan?

Will they smooth out the interface, provide ends for app writers to work with?
    Will they invest in writing the documents, and tutorial youtube movies (that will be fun!)?
    Or will the Athom shares be sold away as soon as some 20.000 Homeys are up and running and are providing all this valuable feedback?
  • @glijie and all others : Thanks a lot! It works!
    :)
  • Nice Homey forum and dito community! I'm learning a lot! :)