This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to change the order of commands

In the instruction video it looks if  the order of commands (in the "dan" column) can be changed by dragging the command items. I myself only can add new commands under the existing ones. Is there some trick?

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    It's not possible for the moment with the flow editor.
    You can use @ErikVanDongen's Flow Viewer, it supports dragging the cards:
    https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-realtime-logpage
  • Roos001 said:
    In the instruction video it looks if  the order of commands (in the "dan" column) can be changed by dragging the command items. I myself only can add new commands under the existing ones. Is there some trick?

For the regular (non "nerd") user it is not possible to do that. Only option is to create an new flow with the right order of cards. 
  • And for what it's worth: The cards will fire all at the same time unless u build in a delay.
    So the order of the cards is realy not important for the flow itself.
  • thanks to all for the information!
  • And for what it's worth: The cards will fire all at the same time unless u build in a delay.
    So the order of the cards is realy not important for the flow itself.
    Confused if one card says turn x on another card says turn turn x off surely one will go off first.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited June 2018
    When the Chrome browser is used for making/changing flows, one can drag the cards to the wished position,
    be aware when you do this, and you have inserted delay's, the delay times can change from minutes to seconds, so check this after dragging...

@androidfroyo ; you are right in an absolute way, the cards will fire one after another, within a split second, but this is not always in the same order as they are displayed, so if the starting order is important, then use different delays, keep in mind that all delays in the same flow, start at the same time.
  • Plz be aware that at the time of this post it was not possible yet to drag the cards to the desired position. Original post is from December 16!
  • JPe said:
    When the Chrome browser is used for making/changing flows, one can drag the cards to the wished position,
    be aware when you do this, and you have inserted delay's, the delay times can change from minutes to seconds, so check this after dragging...

@androidfroyo ; you are right in an absolute way, the cards will fire one after another, within a split second, but this is not always in the same order as they are displayed, so if the starting order is important, then use different delays, keep in mind that all delays in the same flow, start at the same time.
    Wow. Didn't know that. Very important to know.
  • Is this still accurate ?
    This would explain a problem I have been having with my flow that I use to control my Fibaro Dimmer 2's with my KUKA remote.

I use the cards to turn on the dimmer and to set the brightness in one flow.
    But most of the time the lights won't be set to the desired brightness.
    If the order of the cards isn't followed and it just randomly starts doing things, that would explain a lot :wink:

• all actions are started at ~the same moment, there is no defined order of execution.
    you have to use the delay is you want to change that.
  • all actions are started at ~the same moment, there is no defined order of execution.
    That explains a lot :wink:

Problem solved now that I know this. Thanks
    I have made a simple test that shows that the actions run from top to buttom. I've made 30 flows that get started by a flow and only have one action - log a line with "Simple LOG". All 30 flows get started by one flow. And no matter how I rearrange/change the order of the flows I always get log-lines in the same order (top->down) as the flows are in the action-column (when all have the same delay). I would like to know when this situation is not true... 
    And btw: I have no problem by rearrange the order by hold-and-release on the left symbol on the action-cards (marked with a blue ring) in the Homey-application.