This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Back-up function

Hi guys,

Does Homey receive a back-up functionality? So when I have my house completely configured I can make a back-up. And when I make a mistake and delete a couple of devices in my house, I can put back the back-up so I don't have to create everything all over again.

Keep up the good work!

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2015

@emile told me that there's a backup/restore option.

I asked it because my micasaverde vera3 has a backup function to, but it sometimes creates an faulty backup and I can't restore my device/zwave network anymore.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yes, your settings will be backup up. A rollback to a specific date is a little bit harder, though...

• Just a backup is enough for me. I don't need a date funcionality with it.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2015

Emile said:
    Yes, your settings will be backup up. A rollback to a specific date is a little bit harder, though...

Great!

What does the backup contain? Zwave network, apps, floor/zone plan, etc?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

At least your devices, zones and flows and general settings. I have to look at app settings, because they're a little more tricky.

• Great!

Apps tricky? Apps a tricky one why? Saving the app setting in a json file and adding it to an backup should be an easy one.

• I would say: app settings and the list of apps.
    Reinstall on restore and restore app settings.

Kind of the way Google does it.

• Any idea when this backup and restore functionality will be available?
    I would add that the backup can also be activated manually and that the generated backup file can be stored on a network device or attached to a mail.
    Of course a restore should be able to open a file somewhere on the network.
    I don't think I would like to have my backup on one of Athom's servers ;-)
  • Can something like a rollback to a previous "APP" version also be created because automatic updates are nice but when something breaks up you would like to roll back the previous version.
  • chrisboer said:
    Can something like a rollback to a previous "APP" version also be created because automatic updates are nice but when something breaks up you would like to roll back the previous version.
    You can download most apps from GitHub and install them via developers mode. Or disable auto update and 1st check the forum if there problems with updated version.
  • Emile said:

Backup functionality, when do you espect this to be ready?
This discussion has been closed.