This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

how to import or control vera edge unit?

Is there a way to control a vera edge unit or import all zwave devices from a vera unit into the hemey?

In the vera unit it is possible to add a slave controller,  when this is done it will sync all zwave devices to this slave.
This way you do not have to manually pair each individual zwave device to the homey unit.

I got the homey today, i believe i saw somewhere a app for the vera unit but i now cannot find it anywhere.

Am i looking wrong or is there no app to for the vera unit?

Comments

• There's no such app. Also it isn't possible to use Homey in a master/slave combination. 

You should manually migrate all you devices from the vera to your homey.
  • that is a bummer...
    Hope to add it as a slave and just transfer all devices from vera to homey.
  • MHubertMHubert Member
    edited December 2016
    B3rt said:
    that is a bummer...
    Unfortunately not...

Emile said he isn't seeing a use case for the master/slave feature.
  • MHubert said:
    B3rt said:
    that is a bummer...
    Unfortunately not...

Emile said he isn't seeing a use case for the master/slave feature.
    The reason is simple....  very easy migration from 1 to an other system....
    Also sometimes it is handy to have 2 seprate systems for some task or a task cannot be perfomed by one system but the other one can do it.

For example, the vera unit can read the Dutch 'slimme meter' by plugging in a USB cable into the meter, Homey cannot...

But for me the most important reason would be easy migration, now i first have to 'unpair' all my z-wave devices in vera and repair them in homey before i can add flows etc.

When i could add homey as slave i could transfer my whole zwave network to homey, then switch master/slave and voila all zwave devices are in homey and my scenes on vera still intact.
    Now i can start converting the scenes into flows etc..

Now i have to do this manually, this means during this i cannot control anything, i even cannot swiytch on/off any lamp in my home, that 'sucks' to be honest.

But hey, this is how it is, maybe the could add this in the future and maybe they could add vera also as app as they have for fibaro etc..

This discussion has been closed.