This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Flow for Nest Protect

Is it possible to make a flow without a trigger? Or put devices to a group, without a flow. So you can put a group of devices into a flow.
An example:
I have three Nest Protects.  I want to turn on the lights (all of them in my house) when smoke was detected.
That is possible within a flow. But I have to make three flows with the same rules. And also for CO2. Totally six flows with the same settings :neutral: 

Now you can put a flow within a flow, but that flow needs a trigger. 
I would like to make a flow of all my ligths turn on. Without a trigger. And put that flow in the flow of my three Nest Protect flows.
Flow card: When smoke detected, send push notification, turn homey pulse red and enable flow "Alle KAKU aan". But the flow "Alle KAKU aan" has also a flow trigger when the time is 22.00 hours. 

Sorry for my faulty English. 

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You could make a variable and use that as a trigger. You only have to set the actions once (on change of variable) but afaik, you still have to create the trigger (set the variable) for every sensor seperately.
  • @BasVanDenBosch Can you make a flow sample how do you think it should work?

• That would require at least one extra flow.
    If the Nest app could present the various smoke/co2 detectors as one enitity with values to represent the actual device and reason it triggers an alarm it would be way easier!
    I think this is a great feature request!
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @BasVanDenBosch Can you make a flow sample how do you think it should work?

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18445/#Comment_18445
    Had to use google to retrieve it, I did s similar example somewhere...

• JanHJanH Member
    edited December 2016
    Just installed Nestprotect in homenetwork and app at Homey. Now trying to make a simple flow but the only Nest-option presented is home/away (screendump). I like to make an alarmflow. Am I missing something?

• Yes:) That is the Nest App specific flow card, below that one there are device specific flow cards for your (paired) Nest Protect.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited December 2016
    @Robin many thanks for the fast response. Maybe a stupid question but where can I find those "device specific flow cards below the Nest app"? The usual pointer to change functions in a card is missing.
  • This image shows the Flow sidebar, where the Nest App is displayed under "apps", and under "devices" you can find the Nest Protect and Thermostat for example. If they do not show there, make sure you have added them on the Devices page.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited December 2016
    @Robin  sorry and thanks again! I completely missed the device in the flowchapter! Problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.