This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Airplay client

2»

Comments

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh it is radio, so I really only want the audiostream over my av-receiver. So all good. The TV stays off 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited December 2016
    just one thing:

i made a flow like this:
    bitflip "music on" - turn on receiver (ir - 0 seconds delay) - hdmi 2 (ir - 7 seconds delay) - apple tv (streamUrl - 9 seconds delay).

now it works brilliant WHEN the apple tv is already on! ;-)
    When the apple tv is off it will not work.

so i made a workaround. to be shure that the apple tv is on before it gets its http-request for the streaming i just "wake it up" with "video url = go, on ... or something stupid" just to wake it up at the beginning.
    and then it will take the url after 9 seconds deley and run the stream.

so a action card for waking up/ turn the apple tv on would be cool. 
    or there is a way for you to run it before automatically...

i hope i could explain the situation, lol

greedings and thx for the app
  • @phil_s Hope i did understand you correctly, if not you can allways pm or reply in german :smile: 

Just did a test to stream to my apple tv when it is idle/sleep mode. It wakes the device up and plays the stream. I use the apple tv 4th gen, so not sure if thats the issue. Can't test it on any other device then that...

A workaround might be to teach homey the ir command to wake up your atv.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited December 2016
    German? Ok, the next pm i will write in german great. But you understood me correctly. Ok, than i think it is a Apple TV 3 issue. 

But a ir Command or a "wake up" like i discriped is ok for me. Good night!
  • Current version on github supports Kodi now as well.
    Waiting with appstore aproval until it's tested a bit more....and cleaned up :tongue: 

• i made a donation for your good work. i think two beers should it be ;-)
  • @phil_s Awesome, Thank you! :smile: Will post a picture of the beers :wink: 

• cheers!  :)
  • 0.0.2 is published now, including a kodi driver :smile: 
    If you encounter any issues, please let me know.
  • By the way, was someone already capable of testing this on 2 apple tvs simultaneous?
  • haha, no. i have only one apple tv. sorry!
  • only appletv or is airport also supported ?
    if not, is this on the roadmap or can I help with that ?
  • @blusser ;
    Did you already try the apple tv driver?
    I guess the airport supports only the audio api. At this moment only the video api is used. But i am not sure, you will have to test first :smile: 

I don't own an airport, but might be able to test the audio api on my apple tv.

Let me know if you tested it and if you received any errors. (maybe even run from the CLI) If it's really not working, i'll look into the audio api :smile: 

• Hi @swttt, i got the following issue:
    • when I test a flow with the cast a URL action card and put the test URL in the test tag, I got a 404 error in the 
    • when I past the same URL directly in the cast a URL card, the video is successfully casted
    See the below screenshot for what I mean at the first situation. The pushnotification to my phone is purely to see what kind of URL is pushed to the Apple TV, this URL looks OK. Any ideas?

• @Appie
    Huhm....weird. Are the urls really identical (including the http or https part) ?
  • swttt said:
    @Appie
    Huhm....weird. Are the urls really identical (including the http or https part) ?
    Yep, this is a URL I've used:   and copy pasted it in both input boxes.
    Putting it in the test box results in a 404 and putting it directly in the cast URL card results in a successful cast. The resulting push notification  (see below) with the URL looks good, manually typing it over in chrome results in the right youtube video.

• And the url that triggers the flow looks the same? (from the youtube media changed card)
  • swttt said:
    And the url that triggers the flow looks the same? (from the youtube media changed card)
    How can I check which URL triggers the flow? When I paste the URL in the test URL box AND paste the URL directly in the cast URL card (which successfully casts the video), the push notification looks exactly the same as when I put the URL tag in the cast card and only past the URL in the test URL box.... 
  • Thats weird, need to look into that..
  • swttt said:
    Thats weird, need to look into that..
    Great! I got an Apple TV 3rd generation, the one with a silver Remote. Don't know if that has something to do with it?
  • When i try to stream a video to my appleTV4 I get the following error:

Voor de Airplay-verbinding is iOS 7.1 of hoger, OS X 10.10 of hoger, of iTunes 11.2 of hoger vereist.

I have tvOS10.2.

In Airplay settings i can't disable the Require Device Verification. I only got the following options:

-Eenmalige code
    -Toegangscode
    -Wachtwoord

• @Robinjo I just wanted to post the same message. I suffer from this as well. It will not play at all.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Read allot about recent api changes, hope it still is possible but can't promise anything.
  • Thanks! If you want me to run a version from CLI to check the logs or something, let me know. You probably already received an error log from Athom, mine crashed after a few tries.
  • Any News on Robinjo's problem? I got the same issue.

When i try to stream a video to my appleTV4 I get the following error:
    Voor de Airplay-verbinding is iOS 7.1 of hoger, OS X 10.10 of hoger, of iTunes 11.2 of hoger vereist.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Nope sorry, since i am using an external lib that didn't got updated (yet). My only options are looking for another lib, or try to create it myself.