This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Tutorial section on the forum

Title says it all. I think a tutorial section on the forum would be useful. This way, it will be easier for new users to get started and advanced users can share their more complex flows. 

Comments

• dvk8dvk8 Member
    edited December 2016
    Something like that, but not quite. I've seen the thread but there is no real structure and there is no clear overview or anything, which makes it really hard to find things. I'm thinking more of something like this:

• Maybe not a bad idea indeed to make a Tutorial section for topics like that...
  • How about cross-linking with the apps in the store?

With the apps:
    1. Tips and tricks, maybe members can contribute?
    2. Download/Upload section, most used with this app and basic flows. (we do have a backup app now)

In the tutorial section:
    1. Cross-link to the apps in app-store

Maybe some intervention from Athom? @Annemarie ;

• RuudvB said:
    How about cross-linking with the apps in the store?

With the apps:
    1. Tips and tricks, maybe members can contribute?
    2. Download/Upload section, most used with this app and basic flows. (we do have a backup app now)

In the tutorial section:
    1. Cross-link to the apps in app-store

Maybe some intervention from Athom? @Annemarie ;

i like this hope it takes of and be a succes
  • dvk8dvk8 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think cross linking it with the store limits the users in making tutorial threads since these will then need to be linked to an app. I think a tutorial section would suffice. The app developer can always link to forum posts in the description of his app if he thinks the tutorial is useful. 

@Annemarie since this needs to come from your side. could you give your view on this? Could we get this? you were tagged before but i can imagine this might have slipped your attention

• She is very busy on testing Toon and so making Toon owners happy :)
  • This would be a very nice addition to the forum!
  • GastGast Member
    edited December 2016
    dvk8 said:
    Something like that, but not quite. I've seen the thread but there is no real structure and there is no clear overview or anything, which makes it really hard to find things. I'm thinking more of something like this:

Since I'm more goof than geek it would be really nice. 
    But also some tutorials of apps would be nice (I'm still struggling with state control).
    The flow that works section is also nice but you'll have to read the whole thread and hope it contains something useful. But some of them may be outdated because someone elf created an app or cards are added after flows were posted? 
  • dvk8dvk8 Member
    edited December 2016
    All we need is the admins to create a section for this on the forums and the community will do the rest :smile:
This discussion has been closed.