This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

chromecast app

Hi

After latest update my Sony Android TV wont show up in app ,  anyone having the same problem ? 

Thanks

Comments

• add it again

• satbopper said:
    add it again

Cannot find it,  
  • my android tv from Philips will also not found
  • Will create a git case later today / tomorrow then 
  • Same here! The app got updated and now the builtin Chromecast functionality of my TV is not longer recognized.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2016
    I have a Sony KDL-55W755C and have the same problem
  • Same, mine cannot be found anymore either.
  • only thing i want to report is that i miss the   seek to    card.  (or am i missing something)
    the rest seems to work fine for me.
  • new app in store works
  • djesko said:
    new app in store works
    seek to card?
    i cannot find it
  • @djesko @jorden @fiek New update in app store (today or yesterday) fixed the issue for me :)
  • @KoenMartens thnx will check again tonight
  • I can confirm this, the latest update(s) now find my TV again.
  • also working here now
  • since the new version of the chromecast app it just doesn't work correctly anymore, i can only cast a video one time, and then i need to reboot homey or restart the app in settings to be able to cast anything again... what gives???
    when i make a flow and test it, it just shows a rotating icon  on the chromecast card. and nothing happens.
  • Same here. Casting 1 video and that one keeps playing. Cannot cast another video while 1 is being cast. Maybe @baskiers can hop in here?
  • @baskiers had a temp fix for it for me:
    Put in the "stop" card before the play card. Works for me!
  • @Rocodamelshe ,   that doesn't work for me unfortunately.
    seems like a bug in the new app, i cant seem to find a way to report bugs to homey developers. is there a official way to do that?
  • But, but......did u try the stop card and then, with a short delay, tried another cast?
  • But, but......did u try the stop card and then, with a short delay, tried another cast?
    i did indeed... the stop command gets a green V when testing... then casting a video gets the rotating icon forever-and-ever...
  • And with the delay me guess. Hmmm. Then we have to wait for a fix me guess
  • v2.2.4

Fixed some radio stations not being able to cast, Thanks to kerkenit for the fix! Fixed cast video url flow card to be able to cast url's from the youtube app tag, Thanks to MarvinSchenkel for the fix!

fresh fm (dutch radio dance station) still not working. Is it possible to fix it too?
  • Casting the radiostations isnot working anymore. More people with the same problem? Casting a audio url is working well

• mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited July 2017
    Pietje5 said:
    Casting the radiostations isnot working anymore. More people with the same problem? Casting a audio url is working well

Here it is streaming radiostations working fine. Listening to Q-music summer right now (chromecast audio app).
    Maybe restart the app?
  • mbalik79 said:
    Pietje5 said:
    Casting the radiostations isnot working anymore. More people with the same problem? Casting a audio url is working well

Here it is streaming radiostations working fine. Listening to Q-music summer right now (chromecast audio app).
    Maybe restart the app?

Tried sevearal times. Didnot work. Tried just once more...... Bingo!!!!!!

• I'm just wondering if I could use the chromecast app to start/stop the current media (any) that is playing on the chromecast no mather if it has been started from Homey or not. I would like to pauze / resume netflix / any other source if that is possible.. 
  • Did you try?
  • Yes I did and I can't use it as the android apps can. So I can't start/stop that what is currently playing on chromecast if it is not started from Homey.