This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    no it does not matter, it is the way the usage is being calculated, so it shows "properly" in your homey (Wattage and kWh) with LED the default should be the best option for your situatie (actually any situation i can think off..)

the sometimes off makes me believe that one of your wires is not connected properly (loose wire/screw not torqued enough) to the dimmer 2 (or lamp, but that's less likely)
  • caseda I bought a z-wave repeater but still not working the range I wanted. Do I have to change some settings? 
  • With the repeater it works. And I can turn them on and off. But the energy measuring doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  • caseda said:
    @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    no it does not matter, it is the way the usage is being calculated, so it shows "properly" in your homey (Wattage and kWh) with LED the default should be the best option for your situatie (actually any situation i can think off..)

the sometimes off makes me believe that one of your wires is not connected properly (loose wire/screw not torqued enough) to the dimmer 2 (or lamp, but that's less likely)
    I'll give that a go, thanks! Fingers crossed it's that :smile: 
  • I have updated the app but still my homey isnt't responding to my Fibaro FGS-213 switch when I press S2. Isn't this fixed in the latest update or do I missing something?
  • @Count_B I have not fixed the fgs-213 yet, it's not the end of upcoming week yet :wink: 
  • caseda said:
    @Robbertos ;
    The range has not been updated in this version, might happen in future versions, but don't expect too too much from that.

try putting a powered z-wave device in the middle to "guide" the signals to homey (creating mesh grid)

Same problem here, and I have tried that, it looks like that it works sometimes, but not Always.

2 motion sensors are further than homey 's range at this moment, I placed 2 wall switch in the middle, but does not work.

How can i check the mesh network works?
  • Gerjan said:
    @Gerjan check the manual of the Fibaro Motion sensor:
    The Fibaro Motion Sensor has a built in Z-Wave network main controller’s range tester.
    Follow the below instructions to test the main controller’s range:
    1) Press and hold the B-button for 2 to 4 seconds until the LED glows violet.
    2) Release the B-button.
    3) Press the B-button again, briefly.
    4) LED will indicate the Z-Wave network’s range (range signaling modes described below).
    5) To exit Z-Wave range test, press the B-button breifly. Z-Wave range tester signaling modes:

LED indicator pulsing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor attempts to extablish a direct communication with the main controller. If a direct communication attempt fails, sensor will try to establish a routed communication, through other modules, which will be signaled by LED indicator pulsing yellow.
    LED indicator glowing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor communicates with the main controller directly.
    LED indicator pulsing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor tries to establish a routed communication with the main controller through other modules (repeaters).
    LED indicator glowing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor communicates with the main controller through the other modules. After 2 seconds the sensor will retry to establish a direct communication with the main controller, which will be signaled with LED blinking in green.
    LED indicator pulsing violet - Fibaro Motion Sensor does communicate at the maximum distance of the Z-Wave network. If connection proves successful it will be confirmed with a yellow glow. It’s not recommended to use the sensor at the range limit.
    LED indicator glowing red - Fibaro Motion Sensor is not able to connect to the main controller directly or through another Z-Wave network device (repeater).

This should give an indication if the wall switches are providing a mesh for the motion sensors.

• Count_BCount_B Member
    edited December 2016
    caseda said:
    @Count_B I have not fixed the fgs-213 yet, it's not the end of upcoming week yet wink 
    lol  B)
  • Hi there, after a (very) long time i'm now reconfiguring my homey again. This due to the fact that i can now backup all settings ;-)
    I'm not able to connect my fibaro door/ window sensor, it is in the correct mode (blinking led even visable) but nothing is being found. I was able to connect my (non fibaro) smoke detectors so z-wave seems to work.

Is there an issue using this sensor? i'm able to install the app and select the correct device, when asked to push the button 3 times, it starts blinking but not being found. I also did a reset on the sensor to be sure but still not able to connect.

Any help?
  • tunf said:
    Hi there, after a (very) long time i'm now reconfiguring my homey again. This due to the fact that i can now backup all settings ;-)
    I'm not able to connect my fibaro door/ window sensor, it is in the correct mode (blinking led even visable) but nothing is being found. I was able to connect my (non fibaro) smoke detectors so z-wave seems to work.

Is there an issue using this sensor? i'm able to install the app and select the correct device, when asked to push the button 3 times, it starts blinking but not being found. I also did a reset on the sensor to be sure but still not able to connect.

Any help?
    Door sensor works here,  did you try remove device in setting - zwave?  
  • tunftunf Member
    edited December 2016
    thougt i fixed it but each time i added one i need to reboot my homey to be able to add anotherone. Also removing a z-wave unit needs  a reboot before another z-wave action is possible!
  • tunftunf Member
    edited December 2016
    not able to add 3 and 4th device. now on to coffee break and doing other stuff. gggrrrlll.
  • Gerjan said:
    @Gerjan check the manual of the Fibaro Motion sensor:
    The Fibaro Motion Sensor has a built in Z-Wave network main controller’s range tester.
    Follow the below instructions to test the main controller’s range:
    1) Press and hold the B-button for 2 to 4 seconds until the LED glows violet.
    2) Release the B-button.
    3) Press the B-button again, briefly.
    4) LED will indicate the Z-Wave network’s range (range signaling modes described below).
    5) To exit Z-Wave range test, press the B-button breifly. Z-Wave range tester signaling modes:

LED indicator pulsing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor attempts to extablish a direct communication with the main controller. If a direct communication attempt fails, sensor will try to establish a routed communication, through other modules, which will be signaled by LED indicator pulsing yellow.
    LED indicator glowing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor communicates with the main controller directly.
    LED indicator pulsing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor tries to establish a routed communication with the main controller through other modules (repeaters).
    LED indicator glowing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor communicates with the main controller through the other modules. After 2 seconds the sensor will retry to establish a direct communication with the main controller, which will be signaled with LED blinking in green.
    LED indicator pulsing violet - Fibaro Motion Sensor does communicate at the maximum distance of the Z-Wave network. If connection proves successful it will be confirmed with a yellow glow. It’s not recommended to use the sensor at the range limit.
    LED indicator glowing red - Fibaro Motion Sensor is not able to connect to the main controller directly or through another Z-Wave network device (repeater).

This should give an indication if the wall switches are providing a mesh for the motion sensors.

Ok Tanks, Led is pulsing 2 times green, and glowing 1 time yellow

This means Routed connection?

is there Always 2 seconds delay in routed connections?

• Yellow is mesh ok,  2 sec is that slow? 
  • djesko said:
    Yellow is mesh ok,  2 sec is that slow? 

If you want to turn on lights, yes it is, Homey has to turn on the lights after the 2 seconds delay, so thats gona take 3 seconds total after the detection before the lights go on.
  • Gerjan said:
    djesko said:

If you want to turn on lights, yes it is, Homey has to turn on the lights after the 2 seconds delay, so thats gona take 3 seconds total after the detection before the lights go on.
    Is your zwave network big? 
  • djesko said:
    Gerjan said:
    djesko said:

Is your zwave network big? 

No, 4 devices, 2 motion sensors and 2 wall plugs (the 2 wall plugs using as range extenders otherwise homey had no connection with the motion sensors)

But When I test, it is quicker than 2 seconds......... :smile: 

• My fibaro dimmer 2's are changing dim level every hour (at exactly :00). Does anyone have the same issue? When the lights are switched on they change dim level to 100% and go back to the setting. It's only happening every hour at 00 minutes 
  • JosStultjensJosStultjens Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda ;
    Today I noticed the Fibaro app was updated to version 1.1.6. Unfortunately there are no release notes updates since version 1.1.1, so I do not know what was changed.
    I unpaired and paired my fgk-001 ZW5 doorsensor again. After this I removed  the battery and put it back again after some seconds.
    Now I see for the first time a temperature reading. 

Now this is finally solved, so I can mount/stick it to my door.
  • @JosStultjens Good to hear...
    not meant as replacement of the release notes, but if you would like to know the details of the changes, check the commits on the github page: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/commits/master
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @JosStultjens it had indeed updated in 1.1.5 version (was only few minutes before 1.1.6)

I've updated the readme as well in my next (upcoming Tuesday 20th in the evening) pr which includes with:

For @ all:
    FGS-213 AND FGS-223
    scene activation flow cards

Re-add = automatic activation of the function

if you don't want re-add you can activate the function by adding this line in expert parameters:
    28,1,15;29,1,15;
    (for both fgs-213 and fgs-223)
  • @glijie your flood sensor should work now as well (thanks to @RobinBolscher ;(athom))
  • caseda said:
    @glijie your flood sensor should work now as well (thanks to @RobinBolscher ;(athom))
    yes!! thank you all!! 
  • Gerjan said:
    caseda said:
    @Robbertos ;
    The range has not been updated in this version, might happen in future versions, but don't expect too too much from that.

try putting a powered z-wave device in the middle to "guide" the signals to homey (creating mesh grid)

Same problem here, and I have tried that, it looks like that it works sometimes, but not Always.

2 motion sensors are further than homey 's range at this moment, I placed 2 wall switch in the middle, but does not work.

I use a z-wave repeater and now it works fine! The signal goes to the second floor now. I ordered a Piper z-wave repeater from Bol.com
  • Does anyone know if a repeater also repeats broadcast frames?
  • Why not use a Z-wave powerplug? It's the same price as a repeater/extender, but it can be used as to switch devices too. Has a repeater a bigger coverage?
  • @keverjeroen ;
    thanks for the tip but from the fibaro door sensor manual :

---

Parameter no. 13

Sending an alarm or control frame (for IN input, depending on parameter no.5 value), and TMP button alarm frame. The frame is sent in “broadcast” mode, i.e. to all devices within range - information sent in this mode is not repeated by the mesh network.

-------

Since the sensors at the first floor don't update their status to homey at the ground floor I'm thinking this could be the problem. So I was wondering if a repeater does repeat broadcasts while normal devices don't. If so, this might be a fix for my problem.

• @blusser the device doesn't send an alarm frame to homey, but a basic set frame. (thats what I did to the driver when it wasn't working :wink: add support for basic set command) 

This will (should) be routed by the zwave mesh 
  • Hello fellow homey users,

A few weeks ago I bought my first z wave products, the z wave+ sensors. I want to know the following. I don't get any readings on battery, lux and temperature. Is there a procedure for every homey update or app update?

Do I have to wake up the sensor on each homey update or app update?
This discussion has been closed.