This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Make Homey select different speakers on PC (Win10)?

OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
edited December 2016 in Questions & Help

I have a set of KRK VXT8 studio speakers combined with KRK Ergo Room Optimization that I use when I work on audio or video projects. In most other cases I use the internal laptop speakers. 

I use two KIKA/COCO switches to make it possible to switch the VXT8 speakers separate from Ergo. To prevent loud clicks/cracks, the speakers switch On one second after the Ergo has switched On, and Ergo switches Off one second after the speakers are switched Off.

To make everything really comfortable, it would be great when the laptop would automatically switch the sound output from internal speaker driver to the external driver as soon as the speakers are switch on.. and vice-versa when the speakers are switched off... Is it possible to make Homey do this?

Comments

• I don't know anything about detecting current sound outputs and using that as trigger to switch but I have a NirCMD script to switch to a different audio output from anywhere in my network.

Setp 1: install NirCMD
    Step 2: make a bat (name it soundswitch.bat or something) file with:
    "
    @ECHO OFF 

C:\NIRCMD\NIRCMDC\nircmdc.exe setdefaultsounddevice "Nameofyoursounddevice" 1 
    C:\NIRCMD\NIRCMDC\nircmdc.exe setdefaultsounddevice "Nameofyourrecorddevice" 1
    "
    Run it and see it switch outputs, make atleast 2 so you can easily switch back.

Share this batch file in your network to maybe let homey run it.