This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @JosStultjens ;
    You will need to change 1 or 2 parameters (settings) if you want faster reports:
    1: Temperature Report Treshold: 10 (default) = 1 degree difference needs to be measured before it is being send.
    You could put this lower if you want to have a more exact temperature sending

2: Temperature Report Interval: 0 (default, off) = There is no interval on default (battery saving reasons)
    You can put here any seconds you want the measured value to be send to homey, but be careful that a too low interval wil drain your battery quick
  • @0burner0 ;
    i have gotten the modules myself today so i can add the code now easier, but don't know when i have enough time to add it.
    So maybe next week or so.
    Still some other stuffs i need/want to fix first.

There is scene activation for the Singel Switch 2 (FGS-213) implemented but it's not a complete implementation.
  • @caseda ;
    I have changed the settings with no result.

I never receive any temperature value. I moved the sensor to a much colder location. Even then I received no temperature info after a few hours.
    I added the temp sensor as following. Could it be that I made an error in adding the temp sensor to the door sensor? I even replaced the temp sensor with another one, but no difference.

Also I do not understand why I do not see a toggle to show temp info in the insights.
  • @JosStultjens ;
    hmm, that's odd, i will investigate, will keep you updated
  • Doesn't it get added to Insights only after the first time it receives data?
  • yep
  • Just noted that the fibaro app is updated to 1.1.3.  I could not find the change log. Can someone explain if any improvement is to be expected in relation to the motion sensors?

Thanks

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @Roppiee ;;
    motion sensor is still not an app issue but a general issue, and athom should have fixed it in the next Homey update.

Change log 1.1.2 & 1.1.3: use new way of bug tracking
  • My z wave plus fibaro motion sensor doesn't give any readings on battery status and temperature after this update. It it the same issue as the door sensor of @JosStultjens
  • @caseda ;
    I have changed the settings with no result.

I never receive any temperature value. I moved the sensor to a much colder location. Even then I received no temperature info after a few hours.
    I added the temp sensor as following. Could it be that I made an error in adding the temp sensor to the door sensor? I even replaced the temp sensor with another one, but no difference.

Also I do not understand why I do not see a toggle to show temp info in the insights.

I have the same issue. Never got a temperature reading. If I manually wake up the sensor, I get battery measures, but after some days, this also dissappears.

The good news is that the sensor opening signal now works about 95 times out of 100.
  • Yesterday I had the great idea to readd the Fibaro multi sensor ZW+. Hoping it would give me better Lux updates. Well, I regreat I did that. Now it isn't reporting any movement anymore... :(
  • hi guys, 
    i have a couple of dimmer 2s on a 2 wire system and in the bathroom before a transformer to 12v. it seems it needs multiple attempts on the wall switch before it activates the lamp. we think its because of the overload request when booting the lamp for the first time in a while (when recently on - it will easily go on in 1 try). 

so what parameter do i need to set to put parameter 39 OR 58 to no overload protection? 
    something like 58,2,1 in raw values? please help!
  • Yesterday I had the great idea to readd the Fibaro multi sensor ZW+. Hoping it would give me better Lux updates. Well, I regreat I did that. Now it isn't reporting any movement anymore... :(
    And, did u update to 1.0.4 and add it again?
    C'mon, don't give up, try again!
    I readded it again in 1.0.3 and it's working again. Now just updated toe 1.0.4 and woke it up, and it still works. Sadly it looks like it still doesn't accept te settings I changed (like an other led color).
    I readded it again in 1.0.3 and it's working again. Now just updated toe 1.0.4 and woke it up, and it still works. Sadly it looks like it still doesn't accept te settings I changed (like an other led color).
    Works here,  just change to yellow led on movement, 3 x click and done.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    Updated today homey and the fibaro app to the latest versions today. No problems with the update.

unfortunately my flood-sensor and new Wall-plug , both Z-wave Plus don't work as expected :-(

Floodsensor still shows only the temperature readings. Flooding and tamper alarm are not working.
    The wall-plug can i only turn on and off remotely, No energy readings. And also when i Push the local button to turn on/off the wall-plug then the changes are not shown in homey.

I was under the assumption that these issues would be solved in the new updates?
  • @glijie ;
    the flood sensor was never fixed?
    not by me anyway, and since it's a driver problem (90% sure) then it really needs to be fixed in the app itself first :wink: but like i said before, without the device itself it's pretty hard to debug it.

the wall plug is a new issue to me though,  you never mentioned this?
    but please look at association groups, in what group(s) is homey's id ("1" in most cases), it should be in group 1
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda ;

Never mentioned the wall-plug because i just got it today :-) 
    But I changed the  1 from group 3 to 1 and it seems to work now

THX!

PS: For the flood sensor i will be more patient. If it will be necessary, i'm willing to send it by mail for debugging.

• i re-added my dimmer 2 module and it puts homey id 1 in all groups, any particular reason for this ? afaik it should only be in the controller group.
  • Da_JoJo said:
    i re-added my dimmer 2 module and it puts homey id 1 in all groups, any particular reason for this ? afaik it should only be in the controller group.

Reason: because Robin (athom employee that goes over the zwave drivers) says it doesn't really matter.
    Didn't fully agree but hè who am I to judge his decision. 

Positives:
    you are 150% sure you get all data.

Negatives:
    You increase traffic inside homey to 150%

but nonetheless, you are right that only the id in the controller group is enough if the driver is configured properly.

Since i still need to change a default setting, and add a few more parameters anyway, I'll see if I can get Robin so far that he accepts the id in the only 1 needed group. 
  • I have 2 wall plugs but one of them I can't add. 1 wall plug is add but a second is not recognized When I delete the one I have add I can add the other one. But 2 is not possible. Is this a bug?

• @Robbertos try resetting both wallplugs either through homey:
    Homey's settings -> Z-wave -> [Remove a device] 
    Or in the wall plug itself:
    Hold button until led glows yellow, release button the press it shortly again, and the LED should glow red shortly to indicate it was reset. 

After both have been reset, try again adding them, but try to keep both plugs at least a small distance from each other to not have interference from the other wallplug while including, after inclusion you can put the next to each other again if wanted
  • Da_JoJoDa_JoJo Member
    edited December 2016
    caseda said:
    Reason: because Robin (athom employee that goes over the zwave drivers) says it doesn't really matter.
    Didn't fully agree but hè who am I to judge his decision. 

Positives:
    you are 150% sure you get all data.

Negatives:
    You increase traffic inside homey to 150%

but nonetheless, you are right that only the id in the controller group is enough if the driver is configured properly.

Since i still need to change a default setting, and add a few more parameters anyway, I'll see if I can get Robin so far that he accepts the id in the only 1 needed group. 
    uhm ok.. so perhaps that explains the strange behaviour of the device... groups 2 till 5 are for controlling other devices with the s1 or s2 switch input, in-/excluding itself and causes delays as it does not respond directly to itself, but it will send out frames to the network which are not answered except by device itself (hence the "it does not matter" statement. it does as controller still have to proces these and discard/ignore them and there is traffic that is unneeded. also device itself being in s2 association groups triggers the bug in some older firmware versions. in short: do not put it in groups 2 till 5 if one does not use this functionality :-)   nevertheless it  kinda easy to just say it does not matter for homey and the device behaviour is not our problem lol. you tell him that yeah. homey id should only be in controlgroup and not elsewhere.
  • Can anyone help me find out how to retrieve error messages from a Dimmer 2? I have two of those controlling three LED bulbs each, the setup is entirely identical - one works fine all the time, the other often fails to start the LEDs (tries a couple of times and then stops).

In the manual (http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGD-212/FGD-212-EN-T-v1.0.pdf) there's a useful section on error messages:

Description of error messages of the Dimmer 2 Events result from installation flaws, faulty light source operation or incorrect manual changes in advanced configuration. The device may stop responding to user’s commands and actions, leaving the light source off. Message with information about the type of error is sent by default (using Z-Wave network).

Is there a way to find out which error my setup seems to have?
  • caseda said:
    @Robbertos try resetting both wallplugs either through homey:
    Homey's settings -> Z-wave -> [Remove a device] 
    Or in the wall plug itself:
    Hold button until led glows yellow, release button the press it shortly again, and the LED should glow red shortly to indicate it was reset. 

After both have been reset, try again adding them, but try to keep both plugs at least a small distance from each other to not have interference from the other wallplug while including, after inclusion you can put the next to each other again if wanted

Thx! Resetting the wall plug solved the problem. Now both the plugs work but when I move homey more than 6 meters they don’t work anymore. I had hoped that updating to homey 1.04 would increase the range. Unfortunately it didn’t.  

• @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    i have never heard of the dimmer 2 trying to turn on LED's several times, does it always happen or only when you switch the manual switch or only when you try to turn it on with homey?

you can try to activate the debug and side loading the app in --run mode, but i'm not completely sure that it will show you the error messages or only the debug oversight
  • @Robbertos ;
    The range has not been updated in this version, might happen in future versions, but don't expect too too much from that.

try putting a powered z-wave device in the middle to "guide" the signals to homey (creating mesh grid)
  • caseda said:
    @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    i have never heard of the dimmer 2 trying to turn on LED's several times, does it always happen or only when you switch the manual switch or only when you try to turn it on with homey?

you can try to activate the debug and side loading the app in --run mode, but i'm not completely sure that it will show you the error messages or only the debug oversight
    It happens 90% of the time, both manual and with Homey - sometimes the three LEDs (dimmable) stay on for a couple of minutes, sometimes just two seconds, very rarely do they stay on.

An identical setup (same dimmer, same LEDs) has no problems at all.

Would this parameter help?

58. Method of calculating the active power This parameter defines how to calculate active power. It is useful in a case of 2-wire connection with light sources other than resistive. 
    Available settings: 
    0 - measurement based on the standard algorithm 
    1 - approximation based on the calibration data 
    2 - approximation based on the control angle 
    Default setting: 0 Parameter size: 1 [byte]

And if so, how would I change this parameter?
This discussion has been closed.