This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro universal binary sensor - How?

2»

Comments

• can you show how you wired the sensor(s)? with a picture or something.

maybe the reset doesn't go well, try using the reset option inside homey:
    Homey's settings -> z-wave -> [Remove a Device]
    then pressing the small button 3 times

just tested mine again by re-adding it, with all 4 temperature sensors attached and they show the temperature just nicely
  • Thank for your reply. I removed the sensor in tt the way you mentioned before posting my first question. I have two new sensors that have this issue. I have no other zwave devices 
  • so cool that you found a door/window sensor to be a binary sensor (they not the same though :smiley:)

there seems to be an issue with the temp sensor for the window/door sensor already, have not looked at the issue yet, will happen soon though, quiet busy now with debugging a lot of stuff in the evenings i have, which this one will be one of the issues.
  • Hi Caseda, I'm nt quite sure what you mean with: "so cool that you found a door/window sensor to be a binary sensor (they not the same though smiley)" 
    I'll deffinately keep up with this post. good luck with debugging I have no hurry  :) 
  • It's just that this post was about the Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor. (FGBS-001)

even though it uses the same temperature measuring modules, they are not quiet the same device :smile:.

And that is also what i thought at first you were talking about "the binary sensor" where your temperature did not come in. :wink:  (which does work)
    but now makes more sense that the temperature did not come in
  • Hahaha. Open/close how binary do you want it to be? It's better to use the product code. Thanks anyway. Looking forward to the solution for the fgk-10x
  • i've submitted the fix to athom's github,
    now it only needs to be accepted and submitted into the app store
    (no ETA possible to say, can be tomorrow, can be 3 weeks)
  • That's nice, thank you so much. 
  • That's nice, thank you so much. 
    FYI : app updated 
  • app did update, you will need to do 1 of these 2 things though:

1 re-pair the device, or
    2 put homey's id (mostly 1) into association group 1 (you can keep the id in group 3, but it's not really necessary)
  • Yeah! It works. Only needed to remove the sensor from the zwave network and then add it again. Thanks a lot! :)