This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Danfos living or Honeywell evo

Hi, as one of the earlier backers I'm looking forward to receive my Homey. I have moved now into a new house with a central heating system, blokverwarming in dutch and that needs some thinking ahead. Now I have to decide how to manage about 8 rooms without a central termostat and own Heating system. I think I have two options, Honeywell EVO and Danfos Living. Reading trought forum I do understand that Honeywell is rather stovepiped and propriatairy and Danfoss is as such not accesible via intra or internet. And a stand alone system.

I'm now looking for some suggestions to move forward and create the right control system to manage each room.

Thanks for the support.
@win

Comments

• Honeywell is the only opentherm thermostat I know of which works together with the zones, but I don't know if "blokverwarming" is opentherm or simple on-off. You can always use smart thermostat-knobs.

I have read that the possibilities and efficiency of zones greatly depend on your heater (CV) and the layout of the pipes (although I don't know the details).

• I think blokverwarming is the same as stadsverwarming, on/off. The way I plan to implement it (for now) is to just let the thermostat be turned on all the time and let the radiatorthermostats decide if they should open or close to get the rooms at the requested temps. So I won't be installing the on/off module. The people I ordered the evohome from told me a lot of people use it that way.

• Danfoss sells a Zwave controlled radiator thermostat knob: LC13. So you can controll this with Homey!

• "Blokverwarming" is like "Wijkverwarming" There is a central unit that is giving heat for a lot of connected houses.
    We have "Wijkverwarming" and the thermostat will open or close the main-valve that let the warm water in.
    All the radiators are now one way or the other opened or closed. So when the thermostat is o,n it gives heat to all the radiators (even the ones that not need it)
    I'm thinking of buying the EvoHome from Honeywell so I can, independently from Homey, control the temperature.
    My only concern is the fact that Honeywell does not support the z-wave command and I like the option of the Danfoss radiator knobs sending their battery status, so we can replace them in time and not when it is to late or to cold ;-).

Still orientating for the floor-heating solution. There are some nice solutions with a different way of temperature taking I'm looking in to that.

This discussion has been closed.