This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Fibaro Wallplug FGWPE_F-101

2»

Comments

• OGSOGS Member
    These are my settings, I didn't change anything else
  • Great thnx!!
  • myllesmylles Member
    I cant seem to change that setting. Do i need to somehow wake up the wall plug to make the change?
  • My Fibaro wall plug is just 3 meters away from Homey and no walls in between. Still it gives me the error "Error: timeout waiting for report" and there is no way to refresh it. So it's useless now. I read that @taco was contacting Fibaro about this and I believe I also read somewhere that it was going to be fixed in the new driver.

Does anyone perhaps know where this was posted or tell me if the "new driver" means the z-wave rewrite that's coming in some weeks. Then I know what to expect.

(still strange though that some people got the wall plug working)
  • Got 1 plug working on the first floor. Also got 1 plug on the ground floor, approx 4 meters away from Homey and that one gives the waiting for report error.
  • Hello,
    Is it possible to activate the "secure communication" of the wallplug wih Homey ?
  • @PacoS which version of the wall plug do you have, normal zwave or zwave plus (don't look at the number "102" that doesn't indicate if it is zwave plus or not) 
  • Wall plug is Z-wave PLUS.
  • @PacoS then your wall plug will automatically be included as secure (as long as the distance isn't too big) 
  • The fibaro manual: "Set the main controller in (security/non-security) add mode" ......... ?
    Is this option (security/non-security) available in Homey ?  Or work-around ?
  • It will be automatically included secure, if the device is put into secure inclusion (some devices support both secure and non-secure inclusion based on the way you put the device in inclusion mode). In the pairing window you will likely see a message flashing by saying something about security/encryption keys.
  • Thanks.
    Reading the status of the plug : secure = no.
    Will remove and add it again to the Z-Wave network - close to Homey - later this evening.
    I will let you know the outcome.

• Well I just found out that it is NOT a Z-wave PLUS Wall plug.

Sorry for that. I bought and payed for the PLUS version but….. No more cheap shops.

I imagine that a “normal” Z-wave wall plug does not have the “Secure” option ??

• @PacoS ;
    no problem :smile: hope you can get your money back then (or the difference),
    or rather have the right wall plug delivered to you.
    Even cheap shops need to hold onto the 14 days return guarantee procedure at least.

but indeed, normal z-wave does not have secure data transfer
This discussion has been closed.