This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Klik Aan Klik Uit Doorbel does not work

I have a Klik Aan Klik Uit doorbel type ACDB-6600. I paired it with homey. It recognizes it. When putting it into a flow and pressing the doorbell it does not work. Is this a known problem and how can i  fix it?

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    hmmm, here the same doorbell. After reading this post, I realized that it here also might be broken. Just tested it and here he's also dead.
    Did some testing with pairing;

First I tried to pair with "generating signal" and in this way Homey receives a signal and goes to the next step where you can test. This test signal works and a sound is played. Then I tested the "doorbell pressed" trigger card in a flow and that fails.

Then I tested the "Copy Doorbell Signal" and Homey is receiving that and the next step with the "test" button is failing (no sound is played). BUT the test flow with the "doorbell pressed" trigger card is working.

So;
    Generating signal is working, then testing is working, but then the triggercard is not working.
    Copy Doorbell Signal is working, then testing is not working, but then the triggercard is working.

So a very strange issue.

@Arthur27;
    Are you able to pair your doorbell with the "copy doorbell signal"?
  • Hi,

Generating signal will indeed result in the "doorbell is pressed" card not working since Homey will generate a signal different from that of the doorbell button (so it wont listen to your doorbell button signal).

However, it is strange that testing does not work when you copy the signal from your doorbell button. This should work. Especially since you mention that the flow card works after you have paired the device (so Homey does hear the doorbell button signal).

Unfortunately I do not have a ACDB-6600 and I am not able to recreate the issue. Could one of you test this with both the doorbell button and the receiver close to homey (~1m) and see if this has different results?

Regards,
    Bas Kiers
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Will see what i can do tomorrow with the ~1m

But why is the UX between the 2 pairing sessions resulting in different behavior? In the end the doorbell is paired and the "doorbell pressed" card is available, but the chosen pairing-path determines if the trigger card is (not) working.

Please make the pairing wizard in that way the user can rely and build his flows on.
  • This confusion was my base for this feature request 
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/663 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    KeepT said:
    Z-Wave not working is also a bug......

That ticket is about a NEXA doorbell which the issue maker is trying to pair with the KaKu app.
    Not really a good example for this....

This next issue confirms KaKu doorbell is working, but triggers a flow twice;
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/850

• No @MarcoF , that ticket is indeed about a NEXA doorbell, but it has the EXACT issue that is described in the bugreport:

Paring for KAKU and NEXA works fine, and initially the doorbell works fine. However, after a while (trigger unknown, but bug identified), Homey is death for any KAKU/NEXA signal from the doorbell (but not specifically the doorbell, e.g. 433 contact sensors (on batteries) suffer the same, however, power-triggered 433 recpetion is mosly still unaffected)

So Homey getting death for 433 signals seems identical for the NEXA and the KAKU doorbell (and other battery-powered devices)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Here the doorbell isn't working, but my other (battery powered) KaKu devices are working great.

I use KaKu remotes to trigger Hue scenes, TV on/off, etc. etc. Working great.

So KaKu/433 receiving works and triggers also work

Also my Elro and(!) Impuls remotes still trigger stuff.

So my homey is not deaf for 433 in general and only deaf for the doorbell 
  • mrandersonmranderson Member
    edited September 2016
    The 831 bugreport is mine. Tested alot and @MarcoF, this is not just related to doorbell/kaku app, just as KeepT points out. Trigger for bug on my part is Homey sending a 433 signal. Remote, doorbell (input) works great as long as I don't use 433 in the output.

This also explains why remote/doorbell is recognized in pairing, testing signal from homey works (and at this time goes deaf for new incoming 433), and therefore remote does not work in flows.
  • @MarcoF ,
    Yes the signal from the (battery-powered) remote control for KAKU works fine for me too. So, as I already explained, Homey gets death for some battery powered signals (like the doorbell, contact sensor and more).

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    KeepT said:
    No @MarcoF , that ticket is indeed about a NEXA doorbell, but it has the EXACT issue that is described in the bugreport:

Paring for KAKU and NEXA works fine, and initially the doorbell works fine. However, after a while (trigger unknown, but bug identified), Homey is death for any KAKU/NEXA signal from the doorbell (but not specifically the doorbell, e.g. 433 contact sensors (on batteries) suffer the same, however, power-triggered 433 recpetion is mosly still unaffected)

So Homey getting death for 433 signals seems identical for the NEXA and the KAKU doorbell (and other battery-powered devices)

KeepT said:
    @MarcoF ,
    Yes the signal from the (battery-powered) remote control for KAKU works fine for me too. So, as I already explained, Homey gets death for some battery powered signals (like the doorbell, contact sensor and more).

Big change in 2,5 hours.....

Fact is that Homey's "doorbell pressed" trigger card isn't triggering. 

• MarcoF said:
    KeepT said:
    No @MarcoF , that ticket is indeed about a NEXA doorbell, but it has the EXACT issue that is described in the bugreport:

So Homey getting death for 433 signals seems identical for the NEXA and the KAKU doorbell (and other battery-powered devices)

KeepT said:
    @MarcoF ,

Big change in 2,5 hours.....

Fact is that Homey's "doorbell pressed" trigger card isn't triggering. 

@MarcoF.
    No! No changes whatsoever. Please read carefully, my answers are identical. Please do not bold-quote me out of context. I replied with a self-quote in which I corrected your out of context-quoting...
    Anyway. You win! If you like.

fact is registered, solution is in squashing the bug.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @baskiers ;
    Just did some range testing and it looks like the range is, with 12m into the backyard (through 2 stone/concrete walls) excellent! Also at around 1,2m Homey triggers when I push the "ACDB-6600" button. 

Probably the way of pairing is the problem of this issue, where pairing with "Copy Doorbell Signal" is working perfectly :)

Greetings from the fish;

2.jpg 90.9K
  • I am new in this forum, have also a question about doorbell of Kaku.
    Doorbel ACDB-7000C is paired with my system, and when a trigger then the doorbell rings, I like to have the doorbell as trigger, so when the doorbell rings i like to make a notification or an HTTP request to my HC 2 system, does anyone know why this is not working, when doorbell as trigger you see non adjustments.
    thanks
  • The ACDB-7000C is just a receiver right?
  • yep : https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/acdb-7000c-draadloze-deurbel.html
    So that won't work as a trigger with KaKu. If it were a Zwave-device this could work...

• Most doorbell's are sold as set with a transmitter acdb-7000 A or B
    https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/producten/deurbellen/deurbellen-set.html
    You can pair the transmitter with copying the signal. It can be used as trigger in Homey without problems  here.
This discussion has been closed.