This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Motion sensor - Count the guests

Hi Community,

On the Fibaro site it is explained that a combination of 2 motion sensors enable you to count the guests in a specific room:

Count the guests

After installing FIBARO Motion Sensors on both sides of the entrance to your home, you will always know how many people entered or left your house, or a given room. No need to worry about a teenager being home alone. The FIBARO Motion Sensor will tell you what time he or she went out, came back home, or how many visitors he or she had.

I've been thinking for some time now how to enable this in Homey. The intelligence is likely in the combination of some advanced flows but I am unable to figure this one out to date. Does anyone have experience and worked this out?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Comments

• I hoped this would work, but in a simple test I found out that the motion needed isn't that accurate
    It worked, up to when two people enter at the same time... Than it counts as one... So i stoped the test.
    Maybe it it possible to get better readings, but I didn't try

This discussion has been closed.