This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey v1.0.3

Comments

• Mine also updated itself and so far so good, speech seems better and Hue did not crash since 4 am.
    Looks like job well done!
  • my homey automaticly updated itself    v 1.0.3
    looks like all went well.
    only point    alarmeringsdroid    keeps repeating    so had to put it out
    i investigate this evening.
    Hmm I have the same problem. Tryed several things but notthing with succes
    - Dont work
    - Change capcode
    - Restart
    - Pul plug

• Been on 1.0.3 for some days now. Although I did change some zwave configuration and added devices it seems to me 1.0.3 causes zwave to hang more often. Also the Fibaro motion alarm not being cancelled. Other than these (important) issues it seems rock solid.
  • @Phuturist Could you send a log of hanging zwave to Athom? Do you have a zwave plus or non-plus sensor? What are your settings? Does the luminance report every few seconds in your case?
  • Z-wave is very unreliable on 1.0.3. Often the motion alarms are not cancelled or triggered. Also having an issue with sending the settings to Z-wave devices.
  • honey said:
    Z-wave is very unreliable on 1.0.3. Often the motion alarms are not cancelled or triggered. Also having an issue with sending the settings to Z-wave devices.
    I do also have this experience, even a crashed Homey (offline while every other wifi connected device had it's connection). Only a PTP can solve it.
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello,

Whenever I tried to open the status of a device (pressing the 3 slider symbol of a device) it either takes a long time before the information shows up or it doesn't show up at all, just the spinning grey circle. After closing the status and reopening it again, the status shows up immediately. The IOS app shows the same behaviour. So it looks like a Homey firmware issue to me. The behaviour is not depending on the type of device (Nest protect, Powermax alarm, KAKU lights ect).

Gr. Remco

• @Phuturist Could you send a log of hanging zwave to Athom? Do you have a zwave plus or non-plus sensor? What are your settings? Does the luminance report every few seconds in your case?
    Was already planning to add the the github issue but have not gotten around to it. Will do so this weekend. 

(I have a zwave plus sensor, neo sensor but also greenwave power nodes which could all be culprits.)
  • I manually updated homey to v1.03. It started downloading and then started installing. After 15 minutes it was still installing. The I plugged the power of Homey out and in again. After restarting updates seems to be installed.
  • Unfortunately Z-wave seems less stable, after this update. Greenwave Power plugs loose connection a couple of times per day. Only rebooting solves this, temporarily... Aeotec motion sensors also seem less responsive. 

After the update -  and after adding some Apps and FLows - I was given the Red Ring. Freaked me out, but a PTP restored all my settings, flows and setup.

• My Aeotec Multisensor also no longer have a 100% hit rate at reporting motion, not sure if it's the 1.0.3 firmware or the latest update to the Aeotec app, maybe @caseda can comment on what changed in the last Aeotec update?
  • Da_JoJoDa_JoJo Member
    edited December 2016
    seems i cheered to early.. z-wave is not responding after a while or whenever a flow is triggered in combination with another flow.  i have one flow that says "licht aangezet" triggered by fibaro dimmer 2 and a flow that turns the same light on "zet licht aan" and one that has "you said <blabla>, okidoki" . some time it works but after a while it just stops responding and rebooting the homey makes it work again. WU weather app also not allways responding and voice recognition works but does not start flows.. so i guess somehow the flows part of the firmware is crashing after a while. maybe some powersaving kicking in and cause stuff to not wake again or crashing other parts?
    i have some zwave plus and normal zwave devices , 2 not recognised (everspring an-158 and a eurtronics stella-z), 3 fibaro dimmer 2, 2 greenwave 6 port, stella-z, 1 fibaro rgbw, 1 lc-13, 1 fibaro binary sensor that does not get recognized no matter how much tries to include it. the rest i didnt include yet as i have to install them first. zwave version 3.99 in use, shouldn't that be 5.02 ? also all groups in zwave devices get attached to device 1, no idea why as it only needs 1 group for the controller to be in. im happy to give you all the logs you need.
  • Da_JoJoDa_JoJo Member
    edited December 2016
    Eternity said:
    Unfortunately Z-wave seems less stable, after this update. Greenwave Power plugs loose connection a couple of times per day. Only rebooting solves this, temporarily... Aeotec motion sensors also seem less responsive. 

After the update -  and after adding some Apps and FLows - I was given the Red Ring. Freaked me out, but a PTP restored all my settings, flows and setup.

its not unusual that greenwave looses connection, they did also with my old vera controller. its actually network error, but in fact it is still working then. in fact it just complains there was no poll for certain amount of time set in the epprom parameters of the device. it sort of waits for the desired response and until then it does nothing. here some additional info http://static.hashop.nl/Files/5/18000/18005/Attachments/Product/6M3O5959f6TR6Gj8gDb6H61383p26in7.pdf
  • @Da_JoJo ;
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the Greenwave nodes do *not* respond if they flash green. I can't control them anymore, although the Homey app and Chrome interface allow to slide the slide.... It doesn't actually trigger the device. 

Only a reboot does bring  them online again. For a couple of hours. 

Oddly enough I have 2 (from my 6 different nodes) next to each other. One can blink green, the other will still be fine... 
  • MHubertMHubert Member
    edited December 2016
    @Da_JoJo ;
    Try to ditch your fibaro sensors. Multiple members reported huge problems with fibaro and killing the fibaro app made homey a lot more stable. 

So after Greenwave, its now Fibaro moment of fame! It will make your  homey happy
  • Only fibaro gen5 has problems,  my non + Works great here.
  • Sorry I am pissed last time they updated hue app and it crashed randomly once a day now only 2 of 10 fibaro motion sensors are working normal. I resetted, uninstalled, deactivated apps and nothing works. I can add the sensor but thats all they are not stopping tamper or motion alarm. Before the update everything was well with these motion sensor. I was really happy with homey and everytime I recommended this project but now ....
  • Hi i get extractpath_not_writable when i click on install now i have 1.0.1 installed now can anyone help?
  • @FreeFrags try rebooting Homey and disabling your apps before restarting your update
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited December 2016
    blackice said:
    Sorry I am pissed last time they updated hue app and it crashed randomly once a day now only 2 of 10 fibaro motion sensors are working normal. I resetted, uninstalled, deactivated apps and nothing works. I can add the sensor but thats all they are not stopping tamper or motion alarm. Before the update everything was well with these motion sensor. I was really happy with homey and everytime I recommended this project but now ....
    I have the same feeling.
    I bought the homey with version 0.10 or something like that (1 version before the 1.0.0 release). At that point all worked fine. Then an update to 1.0.1 and hue app crashed every day. Ever since then I have troubles. I had a flow working that switched on the (outside hue) light in the morning at a certain time, but that stopped working no matter what I did.
    It is just not reliable enough to be a central point of control in your house. This is the reason why I don't add devices or flows anymore.
    And I disabled automatic updates and how lucky I am. Because I see that z-wave has huge problems now in version 1.0.3.
    I will give it some time, but after that, if it is not working reliably, I will pull the plug from homey.
  • FreeFrags said:
    Hi i get extractpath_not_writable when i click on install now i have 1.0.1 installed now can anyone help?
    Ok never mind i tried disabling apps didnt work, tried a reboot didnt work, then unplugged and replugged homey and now it installed
  • What a difference experience people have, i got no problems at all here. (v1.0.3)
    Hue (around 20 devices) , z-wave (fibaro, aeotec around 10 devices) Kaku (around 5 devices) all working fine.
    Got the feeling maybe some apps are conflicting or something.
    Notice for example people with problems use greenwave. (just a hunge, do not have greenwave stuff here) 
  • @underground and @blackice : Philips updated their FW as far as I know. Then Homey has to update too. Same happened today with Plex Notifier: Plex updated the software so the dev had to update the app.

In 1.0.3 the crashing HUE is gone and Danfoss/Devolo got rid of E5 errors among other things. Zwave didn't "get huge problems" in 1.0.3. It got much more stable but there are some issues left with one type (and probably one FW-version) of a Fibaro-sensor which are being investigated.

@FreeFrags and @TedTolboom : disabling apps manually shouldn't be needed as Homey does that itself. Also PTP shouldn't be needed, don't know why you had to do that to get the update going. But glad it worked.
    edited December 2016
    @underground and @blackice : Philips updated their FW as far as I know. Then Homey has to update too. Same happened today with Plex Notifier: Plex updated the software so the dev had to update the app.

In 1.0.3 the crashing HUE is gone and Danfoss/Devolo got rid of E5 errors among other things. Zwave didn't "get huge problems" in 1.0.3. It got much more stable but there are some issues left with one type (and probably one FW-version) of a Fibaro-sensor which are being investigated.

@FreeFrags and @TedTolboom : disabling apps manually shouldn't be needed as Homey does that itself. Also PTP shouldn't be needed, don't know why you had to do that to get the update going. But glad it worked.
    Well, the FW of the hue bridge was not the problem. I was able to trigger the flow manually (test flow) and the lights would turn on. But just with a time trigger it didn't work (in the morning it didn't). If I would manually switch the lights on, the homey was able to turn them off with another trigger (off later in the morning).
    Believe it or not, but I have had to get a workarround. I now have a motion sensor in the hall. When the motion sensor is triggered and the time is between 4:00AM and 8:00PM, the lights (outside) turn on. Before I just had a trigger of 5::00AM.
    edited December 2016
    What a difference experience people have, i got no problems at all here. (v1.0.3)
    Hue (around 20 devices) , z-wave (fibaro, aeotec around 10 devices) Kaku (around 5 devices) all working fine.
    Got the feeling maybe some apps are conflicting or something.
    Notice for example people with problems use greenwave. (just a hunge, do not have greenwave stuff here) 
    Well, I don't have much apps (only the most popular ones, about 6 of them).
    I have z-wave (Fibaro motion sensor) and z-wave + (Fibaro motion sensor and Fibaro single switch) devices. They work now, so I am reluctant to update to 1.0.3

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    @underground If everything you want works for now, then I wouldn't update either (but it doesn't for you?). There's no need to update from a security point of view. I don't know better then the HUE-app will crash once a day and this is fixed in 1.0.3. Or, install the candy-app and do a reboot at night.
  • @underground If everything you want works for now, then I wouldn't update either (but it doesn't for you?). There's no need to update from a security point of view. I don't know better then the HUE-app will crash once a day and this is fixed in 1.0.3. Or, install the candy-app and do a reboot at night.
    The problem is not the Hue, but in the trigger. That is the only problem I have right now, but a nasty one.
    I had a trigger at 5:15AM turning on the light, but it just won't do that. When I test the flow it works. Now I use a motion detection. Didn't work either, but when changing the time to 4:00AM it works with the motion sensor (don't want to turn on the light when it is not needed)
    In other words, I have trouble with the time trigger/filter when the time is early in the morning. Try figger that out ;-)

And with Fibaro stuff I have no issues at all.
  • I have an idea: Your time is off :)

Go to settings - system - stuff for geeks. Probably the date_human is wrong.
    Then go to settings - location. Even though the location may seem correct, alter it (a bit) or set it to automatic.

Then check if the date_human is correct.

If there's still an issue, please file a bug on github:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • BasVanDenBosch

I guess you are right

date2016-12-11T13:01:32.093Z
    date_dstfalse
    date_humanzondag 11de december 2016 13:01:32
     I had it manual and in The Netherlands. Meaning this is a bug.
    I will set it to automatic
  • @underground and @blackice : Philips updated their FW as far as I know. Then Homey has to update too. Same happened today with Plex Notifier: Plex updated the software so the dev had to update the app.

Yes sure I understand some problems because it's not soo easy if something changes on the other side. But standard zwave devices which worked great before updates and after not. It's not feeling like a product which is in retail stores. And the E5 error gone? Have you read the discussion it's back and also for me still there so with version 1.0.3 nothing is better NO nothing works anymore like with version 1.0.1 or 0.10.x. I have now resetted complete and still fibaro motion (non plus) sensor are still not working like before. And from now on they will update in 2 week cycles. YEAH. I can now leave homey in the corner and wait till a version is coming where everything works like two versions ago. Sorry I love homey but it feels now like 2-3 months ago where I understood problems because it was a beta product!