This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

How to choose the correct Fibaro Relay Switch

Which Fibaro Relay Switch should I select, as there are multiple to select.

I have the Relay Switch 2x1,5kW or FGS-222 EU v2.2

Improvement to Homey Fibaro devices
Would it not be more easy to change the naming so you directly can pick the correct one so FGS-222 ?

Comments

• Just pick add zwave and the app will pick the right driver for you 

• chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply but how do I put it in learn mode ? With the S1 I have to add a switch to toggle the learning mode... can I also put the brown wire in there ?
    I will use this switch not for lights but as a switch for a garage door, so I now have to make a detour to get this working
  • djesko said:
    Just pick add zwave and the app will pick the right driver for you 

Thanks it works... I had to reset my switch before it got recognized. But it picked up the correct one indeed. I now have the next challenge .... range ;-)
  • can use a range extender or another device with routing capability inbetween homey and garagedoor switch
  • @chrisboer ;
    For the next time, hover your mouse over the name, it will show you the full module name (there is already a ... behind the name to indicate that it is shorter name)
    It's just the names Fibaro gave their devices, FGS-222 = a code name not the real name :smile:
  • Da_JoJo said:
    can use a range extender or another device with routing capability inbetween homey and garagedoor switch
    Do you have example products for a range extender ?
  • caseda said:
    @chrisboer 
    For the next time, hover your mouse over the name, it will show you the full module name (there is already a ... behind the name to indicate that it is shorter name)
    It's just the names Fibaro gave their devices, FGS-222 = a code name not the real name :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" />
    That still does not solve the problem as I still can not tell by hovering which device I should select. But anyway already added it via Z-wave so no issue there it picked it up ok.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @chrisboer try reading the devices box for the name (it also states Double Relay Switch 2) or the readme file/app description which has the entire list of code names AND normal names accordingly

And try hovering the name, not the icon 
  • I did hover the name I don't see anything else then the Double Relay Switch 2 or any full name of the device. Where can I read the file/app description ? By the way I am on windows 10 which might be different than your system.
  • Double Relay Switch 2 = the full name, that is also on your product box :wink: 

Description is of course in the app store:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro
  • No it is not Relay Switch is on my box. But there are 3 double relay switches and 3 relay switches in the overview. If you would change it to FGS-222 or FGS-221 or whatever you would directly know what item to pick and you don't have to check all of them. Also when it is not working via Fibaro device adding. I added the device now by Zwave option. But anyway it was only a "improvement" request as this is not doable for people, at least not userfriendly.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @chrisboer ;;
    FGS-222 isn't user friendly either because:
    99 of the 100 web shops promote their Relay Switch with the "Relay Switch" name, not the code name FGS-222 :smile:
    and have yet to see a Product Box with not the "Relay Switch" name on them and seen many without the code name "FGS-222" on them

But to correct you here, there are only 2 double relay switches:
    the Double Relay Switch and the Double Relay Switch 2
    FGS-221 and FGS-222

then there is 2 singel Relay Switches:
    Relay Switch and Relay Switch 2
    FGS-211 and FGS-212

then there are 2 normal in wall switches:
    (these work more like the dimmer (v1 and v2) then the relay switches)
    Singel Switch 2 and Double Switch 2
    FGS-213 and FGS-223

So the only difference then is also only a 1 a 2 or a 3, even less distinctive then using the normal names :wink:

• Mmmmm maybe I am too much a geek that I think in product types instead of generic product names ;-)
  • chrisboer said:
    Mmmmm maybe I am too much a geek that I think in product types instead of generic product names ;-)
    Same here  :)
This discussion has been closed.