This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

LED positions

OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
edited December 2016 in Archive

Exploring coding for Homey, I started with the LED Ring.

Question: Are the LEDs positioned the same way in every Homey, or may this be different?

What I mean: On my Homey the most up-front LED, centered inbetween the two front legs, is number 21 (range: 0-23). Does this apply to all devices?

Comments

• Logically it should, since all pcb's are created the same way and I suppose they only fit in the case in 1 way :) 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    Also, as Homey is a bowl, it has no front or backside so that shouldn't make a difference from a more conceptual point of view either. o
  • Also, as Homey is a bowl, it has no front or backside so that shouldn't make a difference from a more conceptual point of view either. o
    It wouldn't be very nice if you had to turn it with the plug to the front ;)
  • Fire69 said:
    Logically it should, since all pcb's are created the same way and I suppose they only fit in the case in 1 way :) 

Thanks. Hmmm... I didn't realize that everything is on one PCB. I thought that the LED-ring might be a separate PCB that could be positioned/rotated a little different in each device.
  • Also, as Homey is a bowl, it has no front or backside so that shouldn't make a difference from a more conceptual point of view either. o

Homey is not standing quite straight, but inclined slightly forward. ;)
This discussion has been closed.