This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Is IR not working anymore? Is it disabled?

When trying to add a device, I don't get a list off devices, after waiting a while Homey gets "off line"? or I get a message with "Invalid_session".
Also copying from a remote is't working.

Comments

• exact same issue here.

• Hier ook problemen met IR leert geen IR code
  • I have to agree on this. Better not to use IR unless you place your homey in front of all your devices. Better use any other option (if any) to control your tv, receiver etc.
  • Exactly the same issue here. I guess that if you had some IR functionality programmed in some time ago it would still work, but Lord help you if you didn't because you won't get it to work at all!
  • I think there's a database-server down, the circle keeps turning:

• ir learning worked for me today added my Samsung UE40ES6530 by learning via the remote firmware version 1.0.2

only thing if found is the distance is very poor it must be right in front the tv.

this is strange because the homey uses 6 ir leds????

• Well, IR learning isn't working for me. Doesn't matter which remote I use (tried 5), doesn't matter from which angle of from up close or far away. Doesn't matter how many times I reboot. Late on Friday I got some response (the drawing of a button depressed when I pressed a button), but after that nothing has happened any more.

Searching for your exact string returns nothing at all, but then nothing returns anything in my admittedly limited experience of a few days.
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

are u using the app or just the web page?

for me the page keeps crashing app the works fine

need to press the button 15 times did you see that?

for me the webpage crashes after a couple of buttons the app is more stable

i used a samsung remote prox 2 mtrs from homey to learn homey no probs

•  same issue here.
  • I have no IR functionalities anymore. I can't even teach Homey a new remote at this time. Hopefully it will be running again soon.
  • No problems at all over here. Just added an IR remote button to test and it's working.
  • No problems at all over here. Just added an IR remote button to test and it's working.

voor 6 ir leds is het bereik wel minder moet echt voor je tv staan anders werk het niet 
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited December 2016
    No problems at all over here. Just added an IR remote button to test and it's working.
    since last week i have a new homey.      (send back whit purple ring)
    that homey ir worked fine  (at least; last time)
    the new homey will not recognize my tv, so i think there is really something chanced/wrong

edit.     i am now not on experimental now.
  • bob76 said:

are u using the app or just the web page?

for me the page keeps crashing app the works fine

need to press the button 15 times did you see that?

for me the webpage crashes after a couple of buttons the app is more stable

i used a samsung remote prox 2 mtrs from homey to learn homey no probs

Yes, I see that message. Neither the app nor the web page works at all, no button press events are detected at all any more (not since late last Friday at any rate). Tried distances from about 2 cm to about 1 m with 5 different remotes, nothing registers any more.
  • athom?

• Although today the DB didn't work,
    Both my Homeys on 1.0.2 and Dev Preview Learned a remote and the one in  the living could reproduce the signal to the TV. 
    So it is al least not complete disabled.
  • Hi Guys, 

We indeed found an issue with IR and we just manage to solve it. 

^Annemarie
  • Hi @Annemarie good news but what kind of issue did you find: beter receiving, sending or learning or? 
  • Still not working  here 
  • Can't check for functionality at the moment but searching the DB seems to work now :)

That didn't work yesterday, so I'm happy to see a sign of improvement!
  • I'm afraid the isue isn't solved yet since I can't send IR signals to my TV.
  • Haven't been able to test it yet, but I've managed to get all my remotes learned by now. Only one had an entry in the DB that worked though. Neither Toshiba nor the Motorola IPTV ones worked, and the others were apparently too obscure to feature in the DB.
  • Hi guys
     i have edit a remote to homey and homey learned the codes (learn functie),however it seems of homey transmit nothing.
    is this a know problem or .....

• You can see if it sends an IR-code with you mobile as a videocamera. It gives a bright spot. Try turning Homey a bit. It works for me...
  • Thx for the respons  BasVanDenBosch   i try it thx.

• Yesterday I succeded in transmitting an IRF signal to my TV. Distance 30 cm. Today I transmitted the signals 3 meter owith direct lin of sight. No results.
    To me it seems that the software update is not bringing the WOW-factor.
    Also my learned infrared transmitters look like a bit clumsy as a device. No way to operate it as a remote.

I'll follow the forum and I hope Homey will grow to his cappability's.
    Bye

• Just an update from my end here: I can use IR pretty effectively now, so I'm a happy camper in that regard. Only thing that doesn't work is the IR for KPN iTV, but that's a known issue. Weird thing is that neither the IR remote that's in the DB works (and also doesn't respond to key presses on the actual remote), nor the learned remote.

If I try to switch the set top box on, homey complains about the signal it should send with the learned codes (can't recall, something about too short code needing to be odd or something, can reproduce upon request). Nor does the homey send any IR signal to the iTV at all (no light is shown through a camera).
  • Martijn27 said:
    Just an update from my end here: I can use IR pretty effectively now, so I'm a happy camper in that regard. Only thing that doesn't work is the IR for KPN iTV, but that's a known issue. Weird thing is that neither the IR remote that's in the DB works (and also doesn't respond to key presses on the actual remote), nor the learned remote.

If I try to switch the set top box on, homey complains about the signal it should send with the learned codes (can't recall, something about too short code needing to be odd or something, can reproduce upon request). Nor does the homey send any IR signal to the iTV at all (no light is shown through a camera).
    Hé happycamper, 

Could you share what you did tot make it work? 
  • IR sucks here,  but then looking at the alignment of my unit, it's no wonder. Whiskyworkers?