This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Turning off Homey Lights

Hi!

I have a rather general problem with my device. I seem to be unable to turn of the lights on my device. Not lights around the house just the lights on my Homey.

I have my device in my room and at night, when I tend to shut off the lights in my room to better be able to sleep, my Homey, of course, lights up, all funky and discoey, because the room is so dark otherwise.

I have tried commands like "turn off the lights" to which it replies "couldn't find any lights to turn off", and "Shut down/off" to which i doesn't respond at all.

My temporary solution has been to pull out the plug, which just completely shuts it off, but this seems like a very very basic problem, and I can't imagine there is not a solution, yet Googling has lead me nowhere.

If it turns out I am just complete moron - which is likely the case - and you tend to, understandably, take down cases this basic from the forum, I suggest you leave it hanging to prevent new questions on the same subject, because the internet seems to otherwise hold no answers to this problem.

Go Athom!

Thank you,
- An otherwise delighted customer.

Comments

• If it turns out I am just complete moron - which is likely the case - 
    Well, I don't want to say anything but... 

Just kidding!  :D

There is no voice command by default to turn off the led ring.
    You can turn it off in the Settings by sliding the percentage to 0.

Or, since Homey is made for automation, you can make a flow for it that turns it off/on at set times or listens to voice commands.

• for example...
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited December 2016
    Or just say: led ring uit. It seems an internal command.
    The strange thing is only if I say "LED ring uit" Homey says 2 times "Ik zet de LED ring uit"???
    Made a GitHub issue for repeating answer: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1132
  • HansieNL said:
    Right, forgot about that one!
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited December 2016
    Fire69 said:
    HansieNL said:
    Right, forgot about that one!
    That's why I am here to correct you  ;) 
  • I created a flow that turns the LED ring on at sunset and off at midnight.

I also created a command so that when I say "ok homey, goodnight" it turns everything off (including the LED ring).