This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Marantz AVR support

Is anyone working on a Marantz AVR app? I have no idea how to make an app but I found this on google when I searched for an API.

https://github.com/ntotten/marantz-avr

Could someone make an app or explain me how to do so? (I have absolutly no experience with anything like that whatshowever)

Comments

• I have a Marantz (NR1604 if I recall correctly) and will be adding it to Homey if nobody beats me to it. AFAIK Marantz and Denon use similar IP connected interfaces

• Will you be adding the AVR's as wel (SRXXXX (I have an SR5007))?

• Yes I'm willing to help adding commands that don't work on my own receiver :)

• Thank you very much! Can you keep us posted on this thread? (hopefully you'll receive your homey in a few weeks!)

• Will do.

• +1 I have a NR1604 as wel

• Working on it, right now I have a version working which does not autodiscover (requires entering the amp's IP address when you add it) and only has power on and standby actions for use within flows, but at least it works for my NR1604. It should be fairly easy to add functionality to change inputs, volume and surround modes. 
    By the way, it should also work for some Denon AVR's since it looks like they use the same protocol.
  • That seems to be correct @MarcoVanDenHout , the App I use on Windows 10 to control my Denon X2200w receiver is also compatible with Marantz receivers.

Perhaps the app for Homey can be a combined Marantz / Denon app? I requested a Denon app a few days ago here on the forum :smile: 
  • I'm not sure how to do this, either make the same app work for both brands (what name should I give it?) or fork the Marantz code as soon as it gets too brand specific and simply add a separate app for Denon. Right now the app doesn't care about the brand or model but I expect to be adding model specific code in the future.
  • Hi Marco,

Do you already have a git with your current progress? I have a Denon AVR-X1200w and was looking in creating a app for Denon.
  • I really love to see how people are working together and sharing things to make Apps for the Homey. Keep it up :smile: :+1:  
  • New version 0.0.3 with zone support and volume flow action uploaded to GitHub
    version 0.0.2 added change input source and mute/unmute actions.

If you know how to get an app from GitHub and run it using the athom-cli, you can test this new version (at this moment, 0.0.1 is in the App store and 0.0.2 is pending approval)
    See https://github.com/hilvarenbeek/nl.marcovandenhout.marantz

You can try this on a Denon AVR as well.
  • Will this work on all Denon's? I have a Denon 3312 and tried this app without success. Would love to get this working. Eager to understand if I did something incorrect, or my 3312 may not yet be supported...

• edited April 2016
    Looks like AVR-3312 should work with my Marantz app. See http://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AVR3312CI_AVR3312_PROTOCOL_V7.6.0.pdf
    It could be that you need to setup the network interface on the AVR first, and enable network during standby:

(1)Press MENU button, then Menu appears on FL-display (and GUI) (2)Select “Manual Setup > Network Setup > Other > Network Standby” (3)Set parameters described below. “ON”---Use this setting when using the AVR-3312 Connected in a network. “OFF”--- Use this setting when not using the AVR-3312 connected in a network. This setting is reducing the power consumption in the standby mode. 

Also note that in my current version, you need to specify the AVR's IP address while adding the device, and can't change it later (except ofcourse by removing and adding it again) so if you use DHCP and don't reserve an IP address for the AVR, the DHCP server, usually your router, may assign it a different IP address at some point.
  • I think there is a bug in the app, or my Homey is messing up somewhere....

This morning I noticed my flow "Radio aan" does not work. It is a flow containing a speech trigger with the word: radio. After Homey recognizes this word it powers on my Denon receiver and puts it on the most recent internet radio station.

When I go to the flow editor the cards containing actions on my Denon receiver are missing and are removed from all the flows here I used them.

This is the second time I notice this, anyone else has seen this behavior?

• Thanks Marco. I got it to work. Turned out to be caused by incorrect IP. When I installed the app and added my Denon as a device it defaulted the IP to 192.168.1.10. I assumed it found the correct IP itself, but turned out to be just a default and hence it didn't work. I configured correct IP and works perfectly. Again, thank Marco!
  • Is there anyone yet who wrote a (working) local network portscanner that we can use for Homey apps? I think this app, as well as 2 of my own apps would profit from that.
  • Cool this is working nice so far on my nr1504.
  • @MarcoVanDenHout (feature request) it would be great if it was possible to use the device card to change basic device settings such as volume, channel.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately working on Homey is not a priority for me at the moment but ofcourse it does help to know people are using the app so thanks for asking!
  • edited December 2016
    I'm sure people are using the app, it is very stable. I'm planning to buy a new 4k set, it wil be a Marantz/LG set, keep us informed and tell me if you are back on focus for this app  D. Take care.