This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

SHADA (Kruidvat) LED's Light Smart Bulbs

BumblezBumblez Member
edited December 2016 in Archive
At Kruidvat they currently have bluetooth controllable color changing LED lights from SHADA on discount.
Does anyone have experience with these lamps? How difficult is it to control them through Homey / to make an app for this?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1480785717000081 from yesterday:
    18:21 bvdbos  : Bought this lamp today. Trying to install the app (BLE-4 connection) it needs the following permissions: "foto's/media/files", "camera", "microphone", "bluetooth (of course)" and "device-id and number with which you're calling"... All this for a bulb?

18:26 posthok : beSint eer ge begint
    18:27 bvdbos : It's a dutch company : www.shada.nl -> http://www.shada.nl/products/art-grp-6/led-s-light-bluetooth-color-changing-lamp-600750/ (edited)
    18:37 bvdbos : installed the app, no need to pair the lamp, works directly. File-access is needed for a build-in mediaplayer (phone-app, not in the lamp). There's also something like voice-control but nowhere a clue what to say... Really shady product... I'll send the company an email...
    18:40 fire69 : @bvdbos How can you use a BT device without pairing??
    18:41 bvdbos : ? That's what bothers me too  that and other things... I didn't explicitely pair it, just open the app. That could mean we could easily write an app for this
    18:41 fire69 : Or they have just a fixed pairing code and the app just pairs at first use...
    18:42 bvdbos : Ah, didn't know that was possible. But you can manage multiple lamps from the app. All with a different id but using the same authentication?
    18:42 fire69 : Just making an assumption, don't know if it's possible stuck_out_tongue
    18:46 bvdbos : The mediaplayer is for controlling the "disco"-effect joy (edited)

• Ah cool, you've got one too and are already looking at the options.  :)

By the way, did you see their FAQ section? It may also answer your questions about the voice control...

01 - How do I pair the 600750 lamp to my device?
         Not necessary, once you download and install the app and start it, it will check automatically if Bluetooth® is turned on and if not, will ask you to turn it on (iOS) or asks your permission to do so (Android). Without Bluetooth, the app cannot control your bulb!

02 - I selected music on my app and am playing it, but the sound only seems to come from my phone, not the bulb. what am I doing wrong?
         You are not doing anything wrong! the 600750 is a light-effect only product and does not have a built in speaker to play your music. we DO have such a product, the 600795, but this one does not have the cool light-effects that the 600750 does. We are working on a combination of the two.

03 - Can I make the lights respond to my voice also, instead of music on my phone?
         Most assuredly you can! goto the sound-section in the app and then slide left to goto the voice-respons settings page.

04 - How many Bulbs can I use simultaneously with the app
         The app works optimally for up to 4 bulbs in total, and up to 4 bulbs can be grouped togeter in any single group. in other words; if you have 4 LED's light Smart bulbs, you can create 4 different rooms with 1 bulb in each room, 2 rooms with each 2 bulbs or 1 room with max. 4 bulbs or anything in between.

• Went to buy a pair of these, and they seem to work nicely, for the price. 
    Would be great if Homey could control them. 
This discussion has been closed.