This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Fibaro Dimmer 2 scene activation available with Homey?

Hi Experts,

In our house I have a couple of Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices. They work well with Homey but a feature I'd really like is the scene activation that this dimmer can trigger. In the past I had this working with Domoticz but it doesn't seem to be possible with Homey. Is this something that is roadmapped for near future development? It would add a lot of functionality if we can use the light switch to also start other scenes.

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    This was just added in the last update of the Fibaro app. 
    Make a flow and put the card for your dimmer in the 'if' column. Then you can select S1/S2 multiple pushes. 
  • Cool! Let's have a go at that one. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Just read in the Fibaro app thread that you will need to remove and pair the Dimmers again to have it activated.
    Haven't tested it myself yet so don't know if it's really necessary. I do have the cards available for the flows.
  • you have 2 options to have scene activation when you already had the dimmer included, add a raw parameter line and save: 

or re-add your device so the parameter is set on inclusion

• Ah, thanks for clarifying :)
  • Just to let you know. I already had the dimmers added to Homey before the last Fibaro app update and did not need to add the 28 parameter. It works great. I have Jung Multipress (Multidrukker) switches to operate the Fibaro dimmer 2 modules. Pressing the top part of the lever (wipper) now activates the light and dims when I hold it. Pressing the bottom part of the lever activates the scenes (1x press = Good night, all lights turn off and sets the temperature in house to 16 degrees. 2x press = Good morning, some lights on and set the temperature to 21 degrees. 3x press = TV time and sets the lights to a designated dim level and turns some bright lights off) This Homey is getting better each week ;-)
This discussion has been closed.