This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

OMG, Homey has a new arival?

Look at this guys;

Its Just Homey, but than Black and a bit Different:

https://www.castleos.com

Anyone seen this allready?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited November 2016
    *Special note: The CastleHUB has built in WiFi, Bluetooth, and Bluetooth LE radios. Any device using those radios, as well as cloud-based devices, are supported with no additional hardware required. Other protocols and devices may require an adapter.

Also, these cost quite some more already....
  • *Special note: The CastleHUB has built in WiFi, Bluetooth, and Bluetooth LE radios. Any device using those radios, as well as cloud-based devices, are supported with no additional hardware required. Other protocols and devices may require an adapter.

Also, these cost quite some more already....
    I wonder why they list all those z-wave devices: https://www.castleos.com/CompatibleDevices.aspx
    Would've been nice if they specified a little clearer that you need an adapter for it.
  • For this product you need to pay for the hub and the software  :o how.. interesting..
    $499.00save: 25%
    $374.99
    $199.00save: 25%
    $149.99
  • Wow... It's Homey's long lost sibling. Now to figure out who turned to the dark-side. C++ vs NodeJs. Although Homey has it's hick-ups ~*kuch*~ I think Homey is more user friendly, and a more open-source kinda domotica. Considering the price difference and lack of difference in capabilities I'll go for Homey.

And don't forget 2 years ago Athom made a sissling movie of Homey... Now Homey is just beginning to work like the Domotica it promissed to be, I figure it's no different for that castle thingy. 
  • It's Home!! but on the Dark Side. May the force be with you!!!
  • For this product you need to pay for the hub and the software  :o how.. interesting..
    $374.99
    $149.99
    Important note: The CastleHUB includes a license to CastleOS. You do not need to purchase both items separately.
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited November 2016
    For this product you need to pay for the hub and the software  o how.. interesting..
    $374.99

$149.99
    Ik ben voor noch tegenstander van het product maar wat jij schrijft is niet correct.

op de site staat duidelijk:
    Important note: The CastleHUB includes a license to CastleOS. You do not need to purchase both items separately.
  • Did you guys read their forum? It probably worse then we experiencing with Homey! Considering they have less protocols, antennas and radios to configure I expected a more stable product. But after reading their forum I'm glad I bought Homey. The product is getting more stable each update.

i am not using voice commands, only voice feedback. Only struggling with geo fencing, it's not stable enough to depend on. It doesn't matter if I use ifttt or the Homey app. Comming weekend I will receive my fingerprint reader. Together with a rpi I hope presence detection will work. 
This discussion has been closed.