This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Massive problems with Z-wave

Comments

• MHubert said:
    Maybe @phil_s means that his plug works and the Fibaro Eye not.

Ok but they both stated that the devices has direct connection with Homey so that confuses me .
    Djesko even said "green direct connect".
    it says green light , but when moving like 30 cm no connection and i was hopping that then the flood sensor will use mesh with the wall plug that has green light. 

• Clear, sorry for misunderstanding.
    As u can see in my picture it works over here.
  • @Rocodamelshe ;

Did you do a full reset on this FW or just a update ?  
  • Just update.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2016
    to be more clearly:

when i am on second floor in my sleeping room i have direct connection from the plug to homey and when i have my motion sensor in my hand right at the same place the plug is, it has also direct connection to homey.

so now when ich go with my motionsnsor 2 meters away from that poit where both divices have direct connection to homey i will that my motion sensor takes the mesh of the plug to connect to homey. because the direct way is now too long.

but even when i let the motion sensor about 16 hours in 2 meter distance to the plug, it won't connect over the plug to homey. and i thought that the mesh of the plug will help. but it doesn't.

is it now better descripted? sorry but my english ist not so good.

greeds philipp

p.s. i was hoping to get the yellow led when i test its range like in @Rocodamelshe picture some answers here before

• phil_s said:
    to be more clearly:

The physical stuation was already clear and Homey not always meshing is also very clear.

Again;
    Homey and zwave is very confusing.
  • U have just 1 wallplug or are there more?
    And there is nothing wrong with ur english Phil.
  • yes i have only one wall plug so far and the motion sensor zwave+.
    another door sensor (normal zwave near to homey that works)

that are all my zwave devices. i just bought a dimmer 2 and a relais 1x2,5kw. these have to use the mesh from the wall plug for working. so i tested it with the motion sensor.

i am at the very beginning of building my zwave-home automation.

i was thinking that the plug would work like a wlan-repeater only in small (3-5 meter).
    perhaps i should reset my motion sensor and repair it to homey?

• Mesa thinks that u would need at least 2 powered units to build a mesh but hey, am not the Wizard.
  • yeah @caseda  wrote something like that too. 

i will now first try to repair the sensor. and second install the dimmer 2 near the wall plug. perhaps the mesh will grow then... thanks so far @Rocodamelshe ;

• No problem m8. But install the dimmer first, the plug and the dimmer can be friends that way while u re-add ur sensor
  • ok, i will
  • phil_s said:
    yes i have only one wall plug so far and the motion sensor zwave+.
    another door sensor (normal zwave near to homey that works)

that are all my zwave devices. i just bought a dimmer 2 and a relais 1x2,5kw. these have to use the mesh from the wall plug for working. so i tested it with the motion sensor.

i am at the very beginning of building my zwave-home automation.

i was thinking that the plug would work like a wlan-repeater only in small (3-5 meter).
    perhaps i should reset my motion sensor and repair it to homey?

The wall plug is not ZW+.
    Since your motion sensor is ZW+ and uses a secure connection to Homey, maybe that's why he's not connecting through the plug?
  • Hmm. Have the same here: non+ wallplugs and Zwave+ sensor connecting thru the plugs so.
  • CorvdNietCorvdNiet Member
    edited November 2016
    caseda said:
    @CorvdNiet ;;
    The settings only get applied when the sensor wakes up, either manually by pressing the b button 3x or waiting for it to wakeup automatically max 2 hours 

It can go wrong with the automatic wake up , so if you want to be sure it is saved on the sensor wake it up manually 
    Late response. Thanks caseda. Your suggestion plus the removing of the battery for 30 seconds did the trick.
  • @Fire69 hmmm, possible...
    @Rocodamelshe is your motion sensor in secure mode? i think there was a thread where the secure inclusion went wrong. but that was far a long time ago in firmware 8.38 or so.

but perhaps someone else can say something to this:
    can a non secure device act as a zwave node with a secure device like a motion sensor 5gen?

• Experiening a lot of zwave problems. I used to have a vera edge where i have non of these problems. Most problems i have with sensors pairing just fine but then after couple of minutes stop reacting (motion sensor , smoke sensor and flood sensor, all zwave+). The floodsensor used to connect thru a wall plug (routing). Changest thing is when i do a range test they all say that they are connected either direct of thu routing. Sometimes a temperature reading gets thru. Hope update 1.0.2 fixxes everything.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited November 2016
    yes, the z-wave + isn't working here also. i have only one z-wave+ sensor (FGFS-101-Plus, flood sensor) and pairing is also just fine but after that it looks that erverything freezes. Although I can change setting .

Non Fibaro zwave+ just working fine

• glijie said:
    yes, the z-wave + isn't working here also. i have only one z-wave+ sensor (FGFS-101-Plus, flood sensor) and pairing is also just fine but after that it looks that erverything freezes. Although I can change setting .

Non Fibaro zwave+ just working fine

Trying now to unpair anything what is t zwave+ (2 wallplugs). Lets see how that works out

• i think i was not clear enough, only my Zwave + flood sensor freezes after a pair. the other fibaro zwave (none +) keeps working
  • glijie said:
    i think i was not clear enough, only my Zwave + flood sensor freezes after a pair. the other fibaro zwave (none +) keeps working
    Same here. 2 wall plugs none zwave+ work. all others are zwave+ and freeze all the time. Just did a reset on the zwave in Homey and just paired the zwave+ smoke detector. lets see what that brings me :smile: 

• got the PIR to use mesh now , did add it again and left if beside Homey for 1 h then moved it to the kitchen and got yellow light :)      

My flood sensor just blink green , yellow etc ....

Niklas 
  • I have the impression that z-wave (+) improved since the 1.0.2 update. When z-wave gets stuck, a reboot helps, which was not the case before. Besides, there only seems to be a range problem left, because the sensor furthest away from Homey (about 5m with two walls in between) does react a bit unreliably. Does anyone share that impression?
  • michael89michael89 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have something strange going on but it is definitely Z-wave+ related. I have two greenwave switches that are connected, measure power usage and react when triggered. but my Fibaro motion sensor v2 doesn't work. temperature is show to be 27 degrees while it's around 21 degrees, the anti theft alarm doesn't work, so when in anti theft mode, led blinks in various colors but there seems to be no communication between homey and the Vibaro Z-wave+ motion sensor. also motion is detected (led blinks when motion is detected), but again it seems the two are not communicating. I disconnected and connected the device several times, restarted homey, also several times. Nothing seems to work on this point for the motion sensor. 

I also hope that selling a product that still doesn't function properly in huge retail stores will not get the Homey platform killed. because many of us will just try and try again, but the occasional user will think he or she has a broken device and will bring it back within the return period. 

If anyone has suggestions on how to get the motion sensor to work again (see already performed actions), please let me know

Mike 
  • Remove the greenwaves should make a big difference. It's not without a reason they're not produced anymore and there's no equal alternative....
  • The greenwave switches are installed upstairs, motionsensor started to fail yesterday evening. Worked before then. What is wrong with the greenwave switches? 
  • @BasVanDenBosch ;

As stated before and ny many othes; Greenwave 1 and 6 nodes have been working for over a year with my Domoticz / Synology setup. So; it can work! It is Homey / Athom App related and the way z-wave is functioning right now.

Depending on the experimental firmware version I have had a stable Greenwave connection, a terrible one, and - currently - a 50/50 one.

• Also works without a problem with the Fibaro HC2 3 x powernode 6 so I have to agree that it looks like more a app/homey issue then the greenwave sockets. It is unclear why they have been removed from the market but I have not seen any reports that it is to do with the incorrect functioning of the sockets. 
  • fuzzybear said:
    Also works without a problem with the Fibaro HC2 3 x powernode 6 so I have to agree that it looks like more a app/homey issue then the greenwave sockets. It is unclear why they have been removed from the market but I have not seen any reports that it is to do with the incorrect functioning of the sockets. 
    FYI, I use eight powernodes 6 on my HC2, no problems at all. I tried two powernodes 6 on Homey, no luck. Strange behavior, no behavior at all, values false not reported by insights, problems to deassociatate them (didn't got them removed at all).

Did extensive testings with the two devices in a range lower then 3 meters.

Looks to me that Z-wave is far beyond stable for selling as product on the market.

If they want to solve it, Athom should implement a way to log/monitor/see whats happening, so users (we) can do some testing, and report, to get Z-Wave reliable.