This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Presence (aanwezigheid)

I just got my homey a few days ago, but somehow it does not see me (or my phone) when i am home or not.

When i make a flow, wich needs to be triggered when i am home, it does nothing. When i set it to not being present, it works. So homey does not see when i am there. I installed the homey app on my phone. Is there something else i need to do to make it work? 

Comments

• The app doesn't work very well for the moment, we'll need to wait for an update...
  • nsansa Member
    Fire69 said:
    The app doesn't work very well for the moment, we'll need to wait for an update...
    I ment the standard presence flow trigger, not the available app from the app store...Are you talking about that one? Or do i need to install that app, to make it work anyway?
  • Yes, you need the app on your phone (Android/iOS) for the presence cards to work (but they don't :P )

Unless you use the Better Presence app, but that's a little harder to set up (I'm trying to get it to work myself)
  • nsansa Member
    Ah ok, well i ment the app store from athom...but you answerd it anyway. ;-) I did install the iphone app, but as you say it is not working fine, I will see if i can figure out the third party app...
  • nsa said:
    Ah ok, well i ment the app store from athom...but you answerd it anyway. ;-) I did install the iphone app, but as you say it is not working fine, I will see if i can figure out the third party app...
    Or just wait a few days: 

"Working on geofencing for iOS right now, if all goes according to plan I expect an update either end of this week, or begin next week "

• Good alternative for the moment is using IFTTT triggers.
  • I use IFTTT, but it doesn't trigger each time. Not reliable, I think 
  • I have similar issues with my android phone..
  • Me too. I use the default 'when <name> is getting home' from Homey, but it does not turn on the power. Does the Android app need to actually run on your mobile phone (active) or not?
  • I haven't found a solution yet.. I'm considering a fibaro motion sensor as an alternative...
  • I'm using IFTTT for presence with a Android and a iPhone. 

Works 90% of the time.
  • I'm using IFTTT for presence with a Android and a iPhone. 

Works 90% of the time.
    But you need an app on your phone for that.
    That's ok for the people living there but not for parents/maid/visitors/...
  • Fire69 said:
    I'm using IFTTT for presence with a Android and a iPhone. 

Works 90% of the time.

Agree, but i dont see a solution with motion sensors to make the difference between "wanted" and "unwanted" guests in your house.

• Fire69 said:
    I'm using IFTTT for presence with a Android and a iPhone. 

Works 90% of the time.

Agree, but i dont see a solution with motion sensors to make the difference between "wanted" and "unwanted" guests in your house.

Nope, that's impossible.
    I use the Better Presence app, this detects phones through IP.  No need to install something on the phone.
    Only disadvantage is that most phones disconnect/reconnect regularly when the screen is off.
  • When connecting through IP is there a delay Fire69? In most practical cases I'm for about 30 secs in my home before my S7 autoconnects to the local wifi network. I would like to;

- When stepping through the door homey needs to know it's me, and according to the time or light level it switches on the correct hue scene for that moment.
    - When home is entered, but I'm not there, I would like a notification to my phone. 

A motion sensor can do some of the requirements but it doesn't see who..

• edited November 2016
    Can you not use your S7 nfc with Homey? Otherwise you have 1 flow that uses the motion sensor to switch on lights (incl time, light lvl (lux)) generic / non user specific. Use another flow that will trigger user specific actions (after 30s using SmartP). Also have a good look at State Control, it is a nice app to define status using multiple conditions.
  • I use Tado with ifttt, works great here. But only use it for flows with "someone home or nobody home". You can't track individual users.
  • When connecting through IP is there a delay Fire69? In most practical cases I'm for about 30 secs in my home before my S7 autoconnects to the local wifi network. I would like to;

- When stepping through the door homey needs to know it's me, and according to the time or light level it switches on the correct hue scene for that moment.
    - When home is entered, but I'm not there, I would like a notification to my phone. 

A motion sensor can do some of the requirements but it doesn't see who..

It connects before I have the time to enter the front door most of the time.  Sometimes it takes a little longer indeed.
    Guess it also depends where your router is.  Mine is right next to the front door in the hallway...
  • You can also use this app https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.terryhendrix.smartpresence
    Works great if you give the mobile devices a static IP-adres. The default presence detection of homey is also not really stable over here

• @jimmy_zeropm I experienced a very unreliable build-in presency function. It saw my smartphone out when I was at home, and the other way around.
    So, after some tries, I decided to use the "smart presency app". This works really great!  It just needs a fixed ip for every phone. You can set delaytime and one can add extra phones for familymembers and f.e. regular visitors.
    I made flows with it for any of the four entrancedoors and some windows with a combination of sensative strips (zwave +), older kaku doorsensors and some other stuff. After the last authorized  person left the house I will get a pushmessage at my phone if somebody uninvited is entering. Finally found the solution I presume........
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited November 2016
    Anybody found an solution for the disconnecting of the phones during the night with the smart presence app?.

We have two phones a Sony Z5 and a Samsung. We get push messages in the night that we are leaving home or getting home. Especially for the Samsung S7 I get about 10 notifications a night. I played around with the delay setting, but it didn't help. I changed the flow so I get no push messages during the night
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited November 2016
    @fiek tomorrow morning I can tell you whether I had a good nightrest with no pushmessages (except if a burglar did a try )
    Btw In the flows I use "if last person left the house". Maybe that makes a difference?
  • @JanH.. I will try that.
  • mbalik79 said:
    Oups, that's the one I meant.  I always mix up the Smart and Better :smiley: 
  • JanH and Fiek, could you post some flow examples here so I can get some insights on your approach?

• JanHJanH Member
    edited November 2016
    @Fire69 you said in an earlier comment: Only disadvantage is that most phones disconnect/reconnect regularly when the screen is off.
    My Androidphone (Sony) gives me the opportunity to set WiFi at "always on". Isn't that a common setting in Android?
    If not, then this could be the background for what happens to @fiek during nighthours.
    Maybe another issue could be that the phone is during nighthours out of reach of WiFi and Homey, so a (too) weak signal for activating "presency". A repeater could help in this circumstances, I presume. At least, this was the solution in my house.
  • ofcourse @jimmy_zeropm , that's where this forum is for.
    Two quite simple examples which are working (uptil now......), one with a Sensative doorsensor and another with Fibaro motionsensor (both Zwave+).

• fiekfiek Member
    edited November 2016
    JanH and Fiek, could you post some flow examples here so I can get some insights on your approach?

This is an example I now use with smart presence

@JanH I have also Wifi always on set on my Sony Z5, but that didn't solve the issue. I also have good wifi reception in my bed room

• this is what we have, we are with 3 persons with a smartphone in house.
    It never happend that all 3 where not on wifi at the same time. 
    In my case i'm only interested in the last person leaving the house and first person entering the house.

• JanH said:
    @Fire69 you said in an earlier comment: Only disadvantage is that most phones disconnect/reconnect regularly when the screen is off.
    My Androidphone (Sony) gives me the opportunity to set WiFi at "always on". Isn't that a common setting in Android?
    If not, then this could be the background for what happens to @fiek during nighthours.
    Maybe another issue could be that the phone is during nighthours out of reach of WiFi and Homey, so a (too) weak signal for activating "presency". A repeater could help in this circumstances, I presume. At least, this was the solution in my house.
    Both my phone and my wife's are set to 'always on'.
    My phone is usually ok during the night, it only disconnects a couple of times a week.  But my wife's phone usually disconnects/connects 5-10 times every night.
    Range shouldn't be the problem, both phones are only a couple of meters away (with a floor inbetween) from the router.
    But I'll test this tonight to be sure, I'll put them next to the router.