This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Massive problems with Z-wave

Comments

• Hi Caseda,

I contacting athom support , explained the issues and referenced your name , hopefully they can help resolve this issue. Thanks for your support!

• +1 Same issues here.
  • Are there some first results with the new 1.0.2 firmware? It has a few z-wave improvements. 

I wanted to install the software, but Homey gave the message that I cannot return to the stable channel...I thought that with the new firmware you were able to switch between the two channels without resetting homey. If that's the case I will install the new firmware and report back my findings.
  • I bought a Fibaro motion sensor FGMS-001, installed it and it seems to work. I changed a couple of settings in timing and led display but these setting updates dont seem to arrive in the Fibaro device. Working with Homey 1.0.1.
    Any suggestions about what I can do myself to cure this omission?
  • Is there a possibility within homey to check the firmware version of the Fibaro motion sensors?

Thanks in advance!
  • ChielvbChielvb Member
    edited November 2016
    I've the latest updates, for both fibaro and homey. But the z wave plus motion sensor only works close to homey. As soon as I hang it back at its location it is out of range. There is an other z wave plus (double switch) right next to it (this one works). This used to work as a relay, but not anymore I think.....

Already did a PTP and re-added both devices
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2016
    @CorvdNiet ;
    The settings only get applied when the sensor wakes up, either manually by pressing the b button 3x or waiting for it to wakeup automatically max 2 hours 

It can go wrong with the automatic wake up , so if you want to be sure it is saved on the sensor wake it up manually 
  • @Roppiee there is, but only if you know how to code, it's not displayed anywhere at the moment 
  • @Chielvb let the motion sensor hang in it spot for a while after you re-included it, it can take up to 2-4 hours for the sensor to find homey through the mesh network (yes , even if you have only a few devices) that is not homey's fault, it's how zwave mesh works 
  • ChielvbChielvb Member
    edited November 2016
    Ok, I'll have Some patience. 
    The strange thing is, the lux and temp are updating but the battery, motion and temper not...yet
  • Chielvb said:
    I've the latest updates, for both fibaro and homey. But the z wave plus motion sensor only works close to homey. As soon as I hang it back at its location it is out of range. There is an other z wave plus (double switch) right next to it (this one works). This used to work as a relay, but not anymore I think.....
    I have the very same issue. The sad thing is that Athom is not even planning to do anything about it. After many months of patience I have added the issue on github: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/918
    This been two months ago and guess what it is not even assigned to anyone. I am afraid this is beyond their skill set. 
  • @ZperX Those are different issues. You seem to have a lot of interference (BT and Zwave are completely different frequencies) while @Chielvb has a problem with a sensor which seems unrelated to Homey or for some other reason it's mesh network doesn't seem to be build...
  • Hi 

All my sockets works great here, but i cannot get any battery device to work with mesh....  

Added and moved near a socket does not work. 5 hour wait. ( fibaro pir) 

Fw 1.0.2 homey and fibaro app latest from store.

Any tip?  

• casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2016
    @djesko is it the z-wave plus version?
  • caseda said:
    @djesko is it the z-wave plus version?
    No,  the weird thing is that my fibaro door sensor works,  but not my pir and flood sensor.  fibaro wall plug does say green in range test and it like 17 m to homey with big walls.

• djeskodjesko Member
    edited November 2016
    Did a walk test with my fibaro door sensor,  i can walk in every room / 2 floors and the door sensor works all over the place... 168 m2

Homey in the center off house ground floor 

• djeskodjesko Member
    edited November 2016
    Can the guys (and girls) on @Athom , @Emile ; see if the mesh got rebuild if i send a log ?   

• ZperXZperX Member
    edited November 2016
    @ZperX Those are different issues. You seem to have a lot of interference (BT and Zwave are completely different frequencies) while @Chielvb has a problem with a sensor which seems unrelated to Homey or for some other reason it's mesh network doesn't seem to be build...
    Sorry Bas but I perfectly understand what Chielvb says. My sensors behave the very same way. I don`t have lot of interference as I live far from the hustle and bustle. I am perfectly aware that BT is on a different frequency, on much higher and a more busy one. The fact that for some users homey can`t work reliably with a battery powered device beyond the 4.5 range has nothing to do with the mesh. Supposed to have z-wave socket in every 3 meters?
    Just wanted to express that with people with this issue.
    My ground floor is 35m2 and Homey can`t cover that. You can twist it shout absorption, interference, fibaro issue, user dumbness etc. but that is not the way forward.
  • Can anyone confirm that mesh works with battery devices ?    all my fibaro devices says "green direct connect"  so no mesh ! 

thanks
  • Mesh only works thru powered devices. So the battery powered devices connect via mesh thru normal powered devices.
  • And can confirm that it works yes
  • i have exactly the same problem as @Chielvb !

my motion sensor + will not use the mesh. it is 1 meter next du a fibaro wall plug which is on the second floor and has direct connection to home in first floor. @caseda wrote i have to wait for a while because it can take a few hours. but a waited 16 hours! and my fibaro motion sensor + has no connection over the wall plug. 

• But but.......if u have direct connection with Homey, why u wanna mesh?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited November 2016
    Mesh only works thru powered devices. So the battery powered devices connect via mesh thru normal powered devices.
    bad explanation from my side , i have a wall plug in the room but my PIR (non +)wont use the plug as nod / mesh.

thanks 
  • Same question 2u: If u have direct connection with Homey, why u wanna mesh?
  • @Rocodamelshe ;

My flood sensor wont work if i move it to the floor under the kitchen / washer ,  

• Maybe @phil_s means that his plug works and the Fibaro Eye not.
    So the plug is comm. with Homey and if the mesh is OK, the plug would route the message from/to the Eye.

So if the Eye is not working, then the mesh is bad and not working for the Eye.
  • MHubert said:
    Maybe @phil_s means that his plug works and the Fibaro Eye not.

Ok but they both stated that the devices has direct connection with Homey so that confuses me .
    Djesko even said "green direct connect".
  • Homey and Zwave is very confusing.