This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey purple circle

2»

Comments

• chrisboer said:
    All is done now I am on version 1.0.1 so I got the shiny rainbow.
    De aanhouder wint zeg maar.

With MAC completed the flashing, with Ubuntu without any firewall reset the Homey and installed it completely. I can now finally start making flows and install APPS.

Thanks all for the support
    Well done and have fun now  ;)
  • chrisboer said:
    All is done now I am on version 1.0.1 so I got the shiny rainbow.
    De aanhouder wint zeg maar.

With MAC completed the flashing, with Ubuntu without any firewall reset the Homey and installed it completely. I can now finally start making flows and install APPS.

Thanks all for the support
    Good to hear! Enjoy!
  • My Homey had a red ring yesterday, resetting the power would not help, booted with orange then turned red again after a few minutes. One time it gave a purple ring for a long time, I unplugged it and let it rest for the night, after plugging it in this morning, it started working again. Very strange.

So before panicing and contacting Athom, try to unplug it for a night.
  • Panda said:
    My Homey had a red ring yesterday, resetting the power would not help, booted with orange then turned red again after a few minutes. One time it gave a purple ring for a long time, I unplugged it and let it rest for the night, after plugging it in this morning, it started working again. Very strange.

So before panicing and contacting Athom, try to unplug it for a night.
    most of the time i am very patient....    and wait overnight for a install an update
    i have a purple ring now.    reboot does not work.
    it is unplugged now....      i give it a chance  @Panda ;

:/ 
  • @WathLamers Please do read page 1 of this thread ;)
  • @BasVanDenBosch     bedankt voor je reactie.      even in het Nederlands.
    Ik begrijp hieruit, en wat ik een tijdje terug heb gelezen dat je een programmaatje ergens moet downloaden, en dan met linux of een mac moet gaan rebooten.
    Nu heb ik alleen een windows laptop, dus dat zit er voor mij niet in.
    Kun jij mij vertellen of ik het verkeerd vertaal / interpreteer ?      
  • You can create a boot-disk on USB and boot your computer from that. Then you have a linux computer :-) Restarting without the USB-stick gives you back windows. In a while (afaik in about a month) this will be possbile from the Homey-application on windows.

Je kan een boot-disk maken van een USB-stick en daarmee je computer opstarten. Dan heb je ineens een linux computer... Opnieuw opstarten zonder de stick geeft je windows terug. Over een tijdje (voor zover ik weet een maand) zal het mogelijk zijn om dit te doen vanuit het Homey-programma op windows.
  • thx  bas,       ik heb me ingelezen, maar durf het niet aan.    ik ga athom om hulp vragen.    ik begrijp nu wel waar de oplossing ligt.  @BasVanDenBosch ;
  • If you mail support@athom.com then @Annemarie will contact you... 
  • @WathLamers: is er iemand in je buurt die je misschien kan helpen?
  • Hi guys, hope someone can help me out.
    yesterday i also got the purple ring after a manual update, i did manage to get homey back to 0.8.1.7 with the Mac OSX method after many attempts.
    BUT
    Homey is now unresponsive and i cannot update manually or auto, when chosing manual i do not get the OK or NEXT button, there is no button at all.
    even turning homey upside down and resetting, i can wifi access to homey but the NEXT button is still grayed out.

• @BasVanDenBosch   @HansieNL   ik zou niemand bij mij in buurt weten.   Ik woon in Waalwijk NB bij efteling in de buurt.
    Ik heb inmiddels een mail naar @Annemarie  gestuurd met een hulp verzoek.

English;  I send a mail for support @Annemarie ;

• @BasVanDenBosch   @HansieNL   ik zou niemand bij mij in buurt weten.   Ik woon in Waalwijk NB bij efteling in de buurt.

@WathLamers If it would be an option for you, I live in Engelen ('s-Hertogenbosch)... only 15 minutes away...

@WathLamers If it would be an option for you, I live in Engelen ('s-Hertogenbosch)... only 15 minutes away...
    That would be great.      I wait first for anwer van annemarie and than i contact you.
  • Rozz said:
    Hi guys, hope someone can help me out.
    yesterday i also got the purple ring after a manual update, i did manage to get homey back to 0.8.1.7 with the Mac OSX method after many attempts.
    BUT
    Homey is now unresponsive and i cannot update manually or auto, when chosing manual i do not get the OK or NEXT button, there is no button at all.
    even turning homey upside down and resetting, i can wifi access to homey but the NEXT button is still grayed out.

Answering my own question haha...
    well anyway....after ALOT of trying, flashing over and over again, connecting multiple times with the setup where it always failed because i could not press the button to go further...i finally got Homey back on track with my Hackintosh after it updated the updater :wink: 
    DAMN this was a close call to through in the towl....but after 4-5hours i did it.
    Soo...i`m in Noordwijk (South Holland) and if anyone else is having great difficulty with there Homey, i am glad to help anyone out if needed.

• Rozz said:
    Rozz said:
    Hi guys, hope someone can help me out.
    BUT

Answering my own question haha...
    well anyway....after ALOT of trying, flashing over and over again, connecting multiple times with the setup where it always failed because i could not press the button to go further...i finally got Homey back on track with my Hackintosh after it updated the updater :wink: 
    DAMN this was a close call to through in the towl....but after 4-5hours i did it.
    Soo...i`m in Noordwijk (South Holland) and if anyone else is having great difficulty with there Homey, i am glad to help anyone out if needed.

How did you update the updater? seem to have the same issue here. Flashed and all, but when connected to the HomeySetup network I can't press the further button. Tried with Chrome, Safari but nothing seems so work :(
  • edited November 2016

How did you update the updater? seem to have the same issue here. Flashed and all, but when connected to the HomeySetup network I can't press the further button. Tried with Chrome, Safari but nothing seems so work
    Solved it. Couldn't connect to the Homey network "HomeySetup" so I set the IP address manually in the Wireless configuration. And the set-up is now running.
    Configuration settings are:
    - IPv4: 10.199.198.254
    - Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    - Router: 10.199.198.1

Good luck everybody smile

Update: nadat hij de eerste update heeft geïnstalleerd moet je deze gegevens weer weghalen omdat hij het anders niet meer doet...