This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey purple circle

since this morning a purple / pink ring. Rebooting doesn't help. Cannot access it and Homey is not working

Comments

• Support@athom.nl

And have atleast a week patienc. 

Good luck! 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited January 2018
    You can try this at your own risk ( for me it worked ). you can see the 1.0.2 thread, too.

Peao said:
    <removed>

Credits to @jeroenbos22 and many others on Slack for supporting! Power to the community!

You need to create a USB-Bootable Linux.
    You can use this tool: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ and this image https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

So you only have to boot from your usb stick and you've got Linux running.

• My Homey is at state 11 - 1 % and stopped bleu led... what to do... reboot again or wait
  • Best to first wait, sometimes it can take pretty long for the process to complete.
  • I had state 11 with 1% too, I pulled the plug and started all over. Then it went through without freezing.
  • Thanks for the guidance. I'll try tomorrow.
    How is it possible that this happens. I have not touched Homey. Would like to understand from the Athom team if they are ever going to deliver anything useful...

• @sossienl : did you get the purple ring on stable firmware? Or did you choose to update to experimental firmware?
  • @sossienl : did you get the purple ring on stable firmware? Or did you choose to update to experimental firmware?
    I hope it's experimental fw, otherwise Athom people have to fix this asap.
  • I have the problem that at state 11 with 1 % the wifi connection / network connection is disconnected / connected / disconnected / connected and it don't go further.

But I will try once more and have it waiting.
  • chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited November 2016
    By the way just got it and with the installation I already got the purple ring and no DHCP request on Router.

Quite disappointing if you buy a device of over 300 euro that it does not work in the first run.
    But anyway one of the early adaptors so ... sometimes you have shit, but anyway I think Athom has to fix this quickly otherwise not much of these items will be sold and will even be send back to the distributors.
    The "normal"  consumer don't have this knowledge nor does the accept a non working product out of the box.
  • @chrisboer Do you get a purple ring with a device you just bought? Or a red ring?
  • @chrisboer Do you get a purple ring with a device you just bought? Or a red ring?
    chrisboer said:
    By the way just got it and with the installation I already got the purple ring and no DHCP request on Router.

• Yes I saw that :) But that would be the first issue of a purple ring with a new Homey....
  • Since he said 'just got it', I suppose it's a new Homey.
    But we'll let Chris clarify :)
    edited November 2016
    Yes I got a new Homey out of the box, and it did not install properly and showed the purple ring.
    Now I have it fixed with Ubuntu but it says in systeem informatie home firmware versie 0.0.0 ????  This is really weird how can I manually update to a stable "new"  firmware. Or do I have to reset it ?

So I got it online now and can see it in my Athom app. But I cannot download any App because it says it is incompatible with my firmware !

I see just after login BETA 0.0.0  !
  • You go to "settings-updates" and then check "auto download" if you don't see an update-button. Leave the page and come back then there should be an update available?
  • You go to "settings-updates" and then check "auto download" if you don't see an update-button. Leave the page and come back then there should be an update available?
    ik had hem al op automatisch updaten staan, als ik check for updates click gebeurt er niets. Nu een factory reset maar doen ? Dan hoop ik dat hij wel in een keer goed gaat ?
  • Factory reset but stuck again with yellow led ring now. I think I will go to a friend to execute the firmware restore from a Mac Book because this sucks bigtime.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited November 2016
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1480162923026961
    13:18 @swttt Uuhm...if i remember correctly switch from manual to automatic update to force an update check
    13:18 since there wasn't a button to check for new updates right?
    13:19 @mderhoter Correct, no button.
    13:22 @swttt @mderhoter Then switched between automatic updates and manual...and it should check for an update. (not sure if it was from manual to automatic or the other way stuck_out_tongue

• Dus volgende keer geen factory reset doen maar auto update unchecken en daarna weer checken.
  • I don't think there's a difference between linux-flashing and mac-flashing for Homey... Are you on slack?
  • The issue is that disable and enable automatic updates did not work.  I did a factory reset and that worked and now it is now uploading the homey voice but it stopped at 105,8 Mb jeeeeeeehhh what is next ? How to proceed now ... little bit out of options

• And again the purple ring... :'(  so...
  • I think something went wrong with your manual recovery on Ubuntu.
    Better to start over from the beginning.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited November 2016
    Fire69 said:
    I think something went wrong with your manual recovery on Ubuntu.
    Better to start over from the beginning.
    What I heard of someone of Athom is that the Linux 64 bit version recovery give sometimes problems. That's why I used a Raspberry Pi to recover the firmware a few weeks ago.
    @chisboer: do you know someone with a Raspberry Pi?
  • I am currently recovering on a MAC with a friend problem is what to do AFTER stage 13 is finished ?

edited November 2016

Entered state 11          

current progress: 100%                                       

Awaiting state: 12

Entered state 12         

Awaiting state: 13

Entered state 13         

Finished flashing:

I have a steady purple ring now... what is next... !

• HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited November 2016
    Unplug From PC and plug in power supply.
  • chrisboer said:

Entered state 11          

current progress: 100%                                       

Awaiting state: 12

Entered state 12         

Awaiting state: 13

Entered state 13         

Finished flashing:

I have a steady purple ring now... what is next... !

If you have got the "finished flashing" statement, followed by the MAC address of Homey, you can unplug Homey and replug it to the power adapter..

let it boot and wait for it to become available / accessible through my.athom.com...

once you have access, reboot it from settings.. and then hold it upside down (10 seconds) to enter the recovery engine.

follow the steps as indicated by Homey
  • All is done now I am on version 1.0.1 so I got the shiny rainbow.
    De aanhouder wint zeg maar.

With MAC completed the flashing, with Ubuntu without any firewall reset the Homey and installed it completely. I can now finally start making flows and install APPS.

Thanks all for the support