This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v1.0.2

Comments

• I had the same experience as you, @Phuturist ;
    It was after this successful update, that I read the horror stories of others...

Great improvement in Greenwave powernode status; so far no green LED's. I also see that z-wave response seems faster (I use flows that are triggered by motion sensors).
  • Good advise to use https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup before starting with this EXPERIMENTAL update atleast you have a copy of all you flows.

• Menno said:
    Good advise to use https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.regoor.flowbackup before starting with this EXPERIMENTAL update atleast you have a copy of all you flows.

the flows are worthless if u loos all devices ;)
  • Is there a solution that has been proved working yet? I read about fixing the red ring with mac, but I've got the purple ring and a windows pc  :(
  •  I did a restart of homey before the update. Update went ok here, no problems at all
  • ok people everything went well,only standard procedure here before an update is to reboot homey
    the only thing and maybe there are others also,if i give a voice commando you should see that in the speech-input
    page but it is totally blank

• For those stuck with a purple ring that never ends:

- Using Linux (bootable USB disk can be made from this version: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop, you can boot off the ISO and open the terminal)
    - Follow the steps here (OSX, Linux or Raspi) https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18032/#Comment_18032
    - At the end of the procedure (step 13) you'll see and endless loop of the terminal trying to connect, at that point the reset has been done and Homey is back at 0.8.17
    - Boot it up, then after a minute hold it upside down and wait for the countdown (10...0)
    - Put it back on its feet and go to setup.athom.com using Chrome and follow the instructions there

It'll install a hotfix and then download and install 1.0.0.2. After that, choose Keep my data (if you want) and you're done!

My Homey recovered with the above procedure with zero data loss (that I can find). Good luck!
  • satbopper said:
    ok people everything went well,only standard procedure here before an update is to reboot homey
    the only thing and maybe there are others also,if i give a voice commando you should see that in the speech-input
    page but it is totally blank

You got a fixed ip address for Homey and tried to refresh the speech-input page?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited January 2018
    How to recover from PROUD (with Mac OS X, Raspberry Pi or UBUNTU):

<removed>

Credits to @jeroenbos22 and many others on Slack for supporting! Power to the community!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @TedTolboom  , @MartijnDeRhoter and @jeroenbos22 . Recovery went good, everything is still there.

A quick edition to step 1) URL for Recovery-Files:
    <removed>
    This is also listed in the topic a few posts above the linked one.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited January 2018
    Peao said:
    Thanks @TedTolboom  , @MartijnDeRhoter and @jeroenbos22 . Recovery went good, everything is still there.

A quick edition to step 1) URL for Recovery-Files:
    <removed>
    This is also listed in the topic a few posts above the linked one.
    @Peao good to hear!

To others experiencing the PROUD (Purple Ring Of Update Development-mode) issue.
    Please report them (also if successfully solved with above procedure) in this topic or at the Github issue (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1107#issuecomment-263052753) to be able to track how many users / Homey's suffer from this issue
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited November 2016
    i had to recover to today , but what the cause was is not clear ,i bought a homey from marktplaats, it started well using the recovery using  the upside down method. it gave a setup network but then after the updating from the website redring. restarting the homey gave an normal multicolor ring but it was not yet connected to my network so putting it upside down gave each tine a red ring. the flash method with a mac did the job  . now there is in this thread a good instruction haw to recover a perpetuus red or purple ring  .  it should also be available on the website of athom in the support section , just like the upside down recovery method.thanks for all the support today.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1107#issuecomment-263080401
  • Nattelip said:
    i had to recover to today , but what the cause was is not clear ,i bought a homey from marktplaats, it started well using the recovery using  the upside down method. it gave a setup network but then after the updating from the website redring. restarting the homey gave an normal multicolor ring but it was not yet connected to my network so putting it upside down gave each tine a red ring. the flash method with a mac did the job  . now there is in this thread a good instruction haw to recover a perpetuus red or purple ring  .  it should also be available on the website of athom in the support section , just like the upside down recovery method.thanks for all the support today.

Athom prefer people contact support if they have a red ring. That's why it's not available on the website.
  • Is there also a recovery solution for the spinning purple ring in combination with a Windows 7 labtop ?
  • Berries said:
    Is there also a recovery solution for the spinning purple ring in combination with a Windows 7 labtop ?
    LoL
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited January 2018
    How to recover from PROUD (with Mac OS X, Raspberry Pi or UBUNTU):
    <removed>
    Credits to @jeroenbos22 and many others on Slack for supporting! Power to the community!
    @Berries ;

You need to create a USB-Bootable Linux.
    You can use this tool: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ and this image https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

So you only have to boot from your usb stick and you've got Linux running.
  • MHubert said:
    Berries said:
    Is there also a recovery solution for the spinning purple ring in combination with a Windows 7 labtop ?
    LoL
    Try a virtual machine...
  • Berries said:
    You will need to create a Linux usb-stick. Check for example the Ubuntu website how to do this.
  • Fire69 said:
    Berries said:
    You will need to create a Linux usb-stick. Check for example the Ubuntu website how to do this.
    And be sure to use the Linux 64 bit version
  • HansieNL said:
    Nattelip said:

Athom prefer people contact support if they have a red ring. That's why it's not available on the website.
    Understand that Athom prefers this approach.. but I still don't have a response on my mail send to support@athom.com on Friday evening around 19:00...

They have a product now which has been released to retail / general public and should not only depend on (the excellent, yet limited) support from the community throughout the weekend...
  • @TedTolboom Did you get the purple ring on stable firmware or did you choose to go experimental?
  • Hey guys, the Homey is a consumer product. Restoring with Linux or Mac only and commandline tools? I am sorry, but this was OK for the geeks of the first hour while it was a startup. Now the product is in the stores.
    Athom needs to create a windows application at least, but at best it would create a fail safe recovery (should have bootstages anyway) that only requires the Homey. But if that is not possible, then I should (as common Windows user) be able to connect it to my PC and use a Windows app that performs the tasks.

Another thing:
    I know that users of the fist hour are most likely Linux users. They are used to this. I am a developer, but a Visual Studio C# developer used to the most powerful and productive development tools. I wanted to create an application (Bose Soundtouch), but the way you need to program and debug your app is masochism. So, I stopped even trying.
    Once there is a Homey emulator (or something like that on the PC) and I can debug within Visual Studio (set breakpoints etc.) I am willing to program applications. But not like this, using writing to the console to see what happens. We have passed that stage, at least I have.
  • 1) No restoring is needed in the stable branch, that was the point I was making. People choose using experimental firmwares themselves and then you can expect things to go wrong. That's in the name...

2) The desktop app which is the only "browser" officially supported will have a restore option. This is to be expected in a month but won't be necessary for stable firmwares...

As for breakpoints etc, I'm no programmer but is this possible when using asynchronous javascript?

• As for breakpoints etc, I'm no programmer but is this possible when using asynchronous javascript?
    Visual Studio has a node.js extension and works fine. But I asked a Homey app developer if you can run your application from within Visual Studio, but you cannot. Through the commandline you start your app and you get log lines through the console. If something fails, you stop the app, change some code, start the app and wait for another log text. This is soooo 1980.
    I am a C# developer, but now at work I now also need to program the front end. We use e.g. angular and stuff. Debugging can be done ok. But with Homey it is just too tedious and for me too frustrating. It is like building a sky scraper with only straw, clay and bare hands.
  • Anyone experiencing more trouble with speech since the 1.x versions?

Seems that homey isn't listening that good as before.
  • Franq said:
    Anyone experiencing more trouble with speech since the 1.x versions?

Seems that homey isn't listening that good as before.
    No, no problem with the speech here. But I have to say, that I hardly use the speech. Yesterday however, I asked what time it was and that went smooth.

I have more problems that my Hue lights are not switched on. Since the update to 1.0.1 (and the fix 1.0.2) the hue lights are not switched on. Not by using sunset trigger nor by using a specific time. For more than a week the lights are not switched on and I am almost in a state where I pull the plug from Homey and let the Hue Hub control the lights again.
  • @underground Did you install the latest HUE Firmware on your bridge? And pressed the add-button for HUE in devices once? That should work?
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited November 2016
    @underground Did you install the latest HUE Firmware on your bridge? And pressed the add-button for HUE in devices once? That should work?
    I think I updated it about 3 weeks ago (after Philips issued a security fix for the sigbee hack). But after that the Hue lights were correctly controlled by Homey. It is after Homey 1.0.1 where the problem starts. Version 1.0.2 did prevent the Hue app from crashing, but (and I haven't done anything to the flows or devices) it just is not controlling the lights OK.

But I will try what you said: press the add button for Hue devices.
    I will let you know this evening if this did the trick.

edit: done, and now see what happens this evening.
  • At my place the HUE still does not work. Alle the HUE's devices get the text "onbereikbaar" when i look them up. When i try to add a hue device and click for a hue light, then it says, "no bridge found". Also did disable and enable the hue. I am on the latest 1.02 homey release

That is strange because i can control my hue thru the hue-app.

Do i have to pair the hue bridge again?
  • Pils said:
    Do i have to pair the hue bridge again?
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.