This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

[Solved] Troubles setting up Homey - Error: ENOSPC, write during upgrade.

bartdiazbartdiaz Member
edited May 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi Guys,

Since the beginning of this project I'm "sidely" following the growing-up of Homey, and I really like the product! Also I find it very cool for the Athom boys they managed to get the product in retailstores now, congratulations!
For me this was the final push to get one myself ;-) Mostly because the warranty procedures via the big retailers are fixed, that gives peace of mind ;-)

This evening I was trying to get Homey working but I'm stuck now.. actually at the very beginning, where Homey should download updates en should start working.

What did I do:
- Booting up homey until it says "blabla go to setup.athom.com"
- Opening setup.athom.com on my laptop, following instructions
- Connecting the homeysetup SSID succesfully through WiFi.
- In the browser:

Updating Homey's updater...
Homey will reboot afterwards, and automatically run Setup again.

- And after 5 minutes the next message appears:

Updating Homey's updater...

Homey will reboot afterwards, and automatically run Setup again.
Error: ENOSPC, write

I found out that it has something to do with the tmp directory for node.js, that it's unable to write new files, probably because the tmp dir is full, and no space is left.

Tried reloading the device and repeat the setup procedure but I'm stuck at exactly the same point.
Because I'm at the beginning of the setup, Homey apparently didn't load the recovery module already.. so turning Homey and waiting for the recovery modus to start doesn't make sense... so now I'm stuck..

What to do next? Anybody got a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Bart
Tagged:

Comments

• bartdiazbartdiaz Member
    edited November 2016
    Extra information:
    - WiFi connection is stable, ping 100%
    - Connecting to 10.199.198.1 port 8080 gives the following result:
    {"success":true,"message":"hotfix_server_running"}

Maybe it helps troubleshooting the issue..
  • I would sent a mail to support@athom.com  :)
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited November 2016
    edited November 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    Unfortunately the recovery-module in the software is not loaded at this point I guess, because the recovery modus doesn't start when I turn the device..

I guess I'll send an email to support, was hoping someone experienced this issue before wink 
  • Unfortunately . .Did not know that.

Sent them a mail is the best option
  • okido, thanks both!
  • athom answer recovery mode. recovery was also not active at my  homey. i had  the same problems yesterday. after 5 hour trying i finally achivied it with DHCP on and off switching and rebooting. after dhcp was on and mac, homey AND the router was rebooted it worked with google chrome. 
  • You also experienced the same error?

Error: ENOSPC, write

• Okay.. just to be sure I also installed Chrome and launched the setup again, but no difference.. got stuck as well..

I will contact support
  • no i even get no connection. sorry, good luck 
  • thanks Mark!
  • bartdiaz said:
    Okay.. just to be sure I also installed Chrome and launched the setup again, but no difference.. got stuck as well..

I will contact support
    isnt a quick return et the store not faster then sending back to Athom?
  • MHubert said:
    bartdiaz said:
    Okay.. just to be sure I also installed Chrome and launched the setup again, but no difference.. got stuck as well..

I will contact support
    You're right, but if I give Athom support a chance to fix it, it's easier for all of us..
  • bartdiaz said:
    MHubert said:
    bartdiaz said:

I will contact support
    You're right, but if I give Athom support a chance to fix it, it's easier for all of us..
    Just wanted to give some kudos for this. Athom needs customers like this in their current phase ..  :+1: 
  • bartdiaz said:
    MHubert said:
    bartdiaz said:

I will contact support
    I would suggest contacting your retailer, i have been dealing with a similar issue since Saturday (the firmware update resulted in a endless purple ring), and i still not closer to any form of solution. I've had 2 emails in 3,5 working days, so this noon i've decided to contact my retailer to get to a quicker solution.
  • Phuturist said:
    bartdiaz said:
    MHubert said:
    bartdiaz said:

I will contact support
    Just wanted to give some kudos for this. Athom needs customers like this in their current phase ..  :+1: 
    haha thanks Phuturist! ;-)
  • bartdiaz said:
    MHubert said:
    bartdiaz said:

I will contact support
    Most ICT-retailers print deviceserialnumber on the invoice to prevent device swaping.
    Wat is your reseller going to sai if the serialnumber on the invoice is different to the one you get from Athom?

I would alwais handle this with the selling partner to prevent issues.

Butt its your Homey :)
    edited November 2016
    But contacting Athom support doesn't mean you instantly get a new device... they'll guide you to fix it yourself with the bought device.
  • Ok, I found the solution... I changed the clientmachine + OS where I started the setup...

Windows 7 + Firefox 50.0 = Error: ENOSPC, write
    Windows 7 + Chrome 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit) = Error: ENOSPC, write

And I've just started the setup.athom.com from my Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8 + Firefox 42.0 = OKAY!

Weird, but off we go!! Thanks for your response guys.