This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Push Notification not working

NewTonNewTon Member
edited November 2016 in Questions & Help
Since  a few days, probably after the 1.0.1 update, I am not able to receive Push notifications on my mobile.

Issue is already on github.

Comments

• adju said:
    status shows that notifications are operational.
    Here still no notifications :-/

• I have just updated the app on my smartphone through the Play Store. I had to login again but push notifications are working again!
  • JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
    edited November 2016
    Phuturist said:
    I have just updated the app on my smartphone through the Play Store. I had to login again but push notifications are working again!
    What version are you running as my phone has v2.2.7 and notifications are still not working for me?
  • Version 2.3.0 of the app has been released to the beta channel in order to fix the push notifications. It will hit the play store later today if no problems arise. 
  • Thanks @JeroenVollenbrock for the update  B)
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited November 2016
    I also installed 2.3.0 and after new login in the App, I noticed that my phone is displayed three times in the flow screen. I deleted the other phones on my athom and it seems it's working now
  • It working here again with the beta-version 2.3.0

• yep., on all phones i'm getting notifications.

good job

thx!

• Since a few days I had the same problems with notifications (pushmessages to my cellphone), probably because Homey did not correctly evaluate the presency of the cellphone.  After updating the Android app to 2.3.0 yesterday evening suddenly everything was ok again. Unfortunately the same problem is back again this morning. Anyone else same experience?
  • everything works here normal.

• @glijie tnx for response. In the meantime I tried some alternatives. In one of the presencyflows I skipped the pushnotification and re-entered it in "then" in the same way. By surprise, it is working again!

• fiek said:
    I also installed 2.3.0 and after new login in the App, I noticed that my phone is displayed three times in the flow screen. I deleted the other phones on my athom and it seems it's working now
    Curious: How did you delete the other phones?
  • NewTon said:
    fiek said:
    https://my.athom.com/#/phones
  • fiek said:
    NewTon said:
    fiek said:
    https://my.athom.com/#/phones
    Thanks.
  • For me the notifications are not working now; did not work well. Mostly 2 or 3 times...
    I also updated the app, had to remove 3 (same) phones, but it didn't work.
  • obeliks said:
    For me the notifications are not working now; did not work well. Mostly 2 or 3 times...
    I also updated the app, had to remove 3 (same) phones, but it didn't work.
    also when you reselect your phone in the flows you already made?
    I had to reselect mine before it did worked properly again.

• Yes, I did. I even renewed the flows.
    Now I noticed that a notification followed with: When time is ->push. This worked...
    When I made a testflow with movement or presence -> no push ... When I did this flow with Say something in stead of the push: -> worked (Homey said something)
    Strange....
  • presence doesn't seem to be back on the old level. Homey says I went away 14 hours ago but I'm back home for quite some time already now...
  • But motion (fibaro sensor) doesn't work either. 
    And: 'Say something'  worked (in stead of push)

Now, after I posted my comment above, it worked :s
    But: when I removed the app (push) notifications from the top of my phonescreen, the notifications stopped working.
    In Dutch: I can't make any chocolate of it...
  • i switched to telegram app for notifications. Works flawless and the pro is that you have a history.
  • me too
  • The flow editor shows my phone twice. Only with one of them notifications work. How can I remove the non-functioning phone?
  • tim1990 said:
    i switched to telegram app for notifications. Works flawless and the pro is that you have a history.
    What telegram app do you use? As https://apps.athom.com/app/org.telegram.api.bot only seems to be from Telegram to Homey (and sometimes a response back).
  • go to : my.athom.com
    select your name 
    select my phones
    and maybe there are 2 phones--> delete the one you don't use
    if things after that are not working on your phone then log-out clrear cache and log back in
    some times re-install the app after clearing cache