This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Tutorial] IFTTT for Homey

Comments

• @Annemarie is there any news on the official IFTTT release? We're all eagerly waiting :)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited November 2016
    Peao said:
    IFTTT isn't working for me since the new IFTTT-Layout rolled out.
    I dont think it's related to the new IFTTT layout. I see my triggers on IFTTT are run when a certain condition is met. So it also makes the web request to an Athom webhook through the Maker channel. But the IFTTT app on Homey does not respond to these triggers anymore. I tried triggering the webhook manually but this also does not seem to work.

[EDIT]
    I do see the webhook trigger count increasing so that rules out an issue at the side of IFTTT and pretty much points the issue to the IFTTT Homey app not responding to the webhook.
  • Yeah the current IFTTT does not work for me. Really hope for a soon official release, or an invite for the IFTTT Beta app. Anyone knows how to get this? @Annemarie? @RobinBolscher ?
  • I just installed IFTTT, when I go to settings, click on TFTTT the only thing I see is a connect to IFTTT  button,  I can't set URL, ID, password, IFTTT key, what am I doing wrong.
  • Nothing, there is a new version. Check the text in the settings screen to see how to get it working!
  • i just installed it, so I guess it's the newest version, the only thing I see is this, when I click on the button, I see just an empty form
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited November 2016
    i just installed it, so I guess it's the newest version, the only thing I see is this, when I click on the button, I see just an empty form

Go to ifttt and register, klik here verbind to connect your Homey to ifttt.
    Create a flow with the ifttt card as trigger and trigger that flow from something happening in ifttt the
    Or create a flow with a ifttt  action card to start a ifttt action from the flow.

Did you use the homey app or Chrome browser to connect. for the last disable athe least all popup blockers.
  • found it, thanks :-)
  • found it, thanks :-)
    What was it? ppl here like to learn from others mistakes ;-) 

• Did you use the homey app or Chrome browser to connect. for the last disable athe least all popup blockers.

• Also having problems. I don't see any of my trigger-able flows in the Homey dropdown
  • you're sure that you made first a IFTTT flow in homey before made a Applet on IFTTT.com

• No I did not :) I am so stupid... I just assumed that the "Trigger this flow" card would be enough... did not even look at IFTTT cards... thanks!
  • For triggering flows in Homey I did setup multiple IFTTT accounts. All these accounts use one Homey account to connect to Homey. Is this the preferred way? or do I need a 1-1 IFTTT-Homey relation?
  • Only 1-1 will work!
  • I make an Applet for my Ring Doorbell that homey notification me when the doorbell is pushed,  but i have a massive delay,sometimes the notification comes 5-10 Minutes later. Thats the Problem fom Iftt and Ring together,  not from Athom. I used Iftt now only for non time critical Processes. To switch off my. Hue lamps when i am not at home. Over the Tado presence i have max 2 Minutes delay. Thats at the moment the quickest way to run iftt applets for me

• Question how do I remove the "trigger" word in the box when I add speech text as input.

So I would like to use speech without -spotify

See picture

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    whoops read the question wrong :flushed: my bad

could still be an option though.. :D
  • Thanks @caseda but you basically require a specific "trigger"  to activate a flow, otherwise you can only use the "Generic" Trigger "Er werd iets gezegd" only one time because it will be applicable for all sentences you say.

Would it not be easy to just put a minus sign for the text you don't want to be in the variable so in this case -spotify TEKST.
  • IFTTT with button is pretty cool - but damn its slow... 6-8 seconds to trigger a flow.. impressive if you consider it bounces around the internet, but slow to use for lights and stuff...but convenient as you dont have to open an app ;) o well lets see
  • RobinRobin Member
    edited December 2016
    Well, 6-8 seconds is pretty fast if you consider that up until I think one year back, IFTTT didn't offer a realtime API, so every service was just polled every 10 - 15 minutes for new events:p 
  • Robin said:
    Well, 6-8 seconds is pretty fast if you consider that up until I think one year back, IFTTT didn't offer a realtime API, so every service was just polled every 10 - 15 minutes for new events:p 
    yeah and very usefull in certain situations, but not for lights in your rooms or something :) 
  • True, I would only recommend IFTTT for non (time) critical use cases!
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited December 2016
    How do you cleanup ifttt triggers?

I mean the list where you can choose ifttt triggers on the website www.ifttt.com
  • Remove the cards from the Flows, then after a while they will (should) disappear from the list on iftt.com.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2017
    Ifttt has become to slow these days to use if you want any action to hapen within 15 or 30 minutes.
    My logging even shows 1 hour delays and it unacceptable for any automation system.
    This is not Homey/Athom its fault . IFttt is just going down the drain.

Dont put much more effort in this app plz. Focus on making more direct apps
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2017
    Flic.io ....... kuch

One of those apps thats impossible for the community at this moment
  • I'd like to connect IFTTT on my wife's iPhone, AND mine on my Android phone.
    We both have a different account.

Is it possible to connect both accounts to Homey, one way or another ?
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    edited May 2017

• tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Awesome
    thx