This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Hue apps crashes every day

undergroundunderground Member
edited July 2017 in Apps
The last few days the Philps Hue app crashes every day. It was rinning fine till the Homey update 1.0.1.
Anyone else having this problem? Is Athom aware of this problem?
Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2016
    Athom released update in the developer channel for the Hue app and asked to test it before deploying it. Have it running since last night, no crash until now under 1.0.1. So they are working on it :smile: 
  • I'm still running the appstore version, so maybe the new version fixes this but I had a crashed bridge twice since the new 2.x version! 
  • The last few days the Philps Hue app crashes every day. It was rinning fine till the Homey update 1.0.1.
    Here also the same, before update 1.0.1 never had any issues
  • glijie said:
    The last few days the Philps Hue app crashes every day. It was rinning fine till the Homey update 1.0.1.
    Here also the same, before update 1.0.1 never had any issues
    here also...pff 2 times a day atleast

• OK, thanks for the replies. Now I know it isn't just me.
    Maybe I was too optimistic to remove the timers from the Hue Hub and let Homey control it.
    Hopefully we won't be kept in the dark for a long time ;-)
  • Today I got home and...the light at the front porch was on!
    And I just saw that the app was updated. OK, lets hope it will run as stable as it did weeks ago.
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited November 2016
    Ai, sadly to report that again last night the app crashed. So, version 2.1.0 also crashes.
    This morning I was left in the dark again.
    Is Athom aware of this and working on a solution?

edit:
    OK, I see that I have to wait for Homey V1.0.2 to get this fixed.
    Damn, I hope the lights will turn on soon otherwise my girlfriend might get upset (I told her that it isn't beta anymore ;-)
  • I think people can agree that the Hue App (next to the Fibaro app) is one of the most important apps for the Homey, right? Because controlling lights is one of the most common features and the Hue lights are perfect for this.

At least for me it is and now the Homey is worthless, because it is not working for me.
    I would assume that Athom uses branches. Is it that difficult to branche the current release and just fix the Philips Hue issue? (I heard it is in Homey core and not the app). They already know that the problem is the core and not the app.
    I really hope they don't push the development branch, but release a quick fix for this problem.

It is not beta anymore. Now I expect quick fixes on showstoppers like these (use bugfix branch for every release)
  • You can now restore when app crashed with the app Candy.