This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Help me out with my Homey research! :)

Hi Homeys!

My name is Iris and I'm a Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society student, currently working on a project about Homey.

I could really use your help!

Helping me is easy and it will only take a minute. Just two simple questions about your plans for when you receive your Homey. It will also enhance your own excitement, right?

You can find my questions here: http://goo.gl/forms/vrHfL2IHoC

Thanks a lot! :)

Comments

• Done!

• It would be interesting to know what the research is about ...

• Done.

• AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited October 2015

Phuturist said:
    It would be interesting to know what the research is about ...

@irishuisintveld +101 What is your goal, what questions lie behind the survey? What will you do with this information? How is it going to enhance our excitement (so far it only cost me time and made me skeptical)? When/how/if are we going to see the results and your conclusions? Thx in advance for your aswers......just filled the 2 questions in (why would you only ask 2 questions, this was THE chance to ask 5 to 10 crucial questions providing Homey with lots of info). (I'm in a critical/cynical mood, however, I think my questions are still quite valid.)

• this was THE chance to ask 5 to 10 crucial questions providing Homey with lots of info

She is asking these questions for her project, not to provide Homey with any information. However I am also very interested what the research is about.

• Done :)

• Also done. I just takes 1 minute so that's not a problem.
    On the other hand, I'm excited to see what it is used for.

• edited October 2015

Thanks a lot for your answers already!

I did not tell you about my research goal to prevent biases in your answers but I could definitely tell you more than nothing ;)

The research is about the domestication of technological artifacts. It is a theory in science and technology studies that wants to understand how users 'domesticate' new artifacts in their homes: how users adapt new technologies to their lives and/or their lives to the new technology. In our case with Homey this domestication did not take place yet so I have the opportunity to make a prediction (partly based on your information). The beauty of Homey is that there is no one-way of using it: with your creativity and applications of it, you will eventually shape the use of technology and the meaning of Homey. That's about all I can say right now, I'm afraid!

Oh and:

DieterKoblenz said:

this was THE chance to ask 5 to 10 crucial questions providing Homey with lots of info

She is asking these questions for her project, not to provide Homey with any information. However I am also very interested what the research is about.

I asked the guys from Athom if they needed more info, but they already have their own surveys etc! And it's only two questions because it is philosophical research and the empirical part is a bonus.

If you have more questions, you are very welcome to get in touch with me. Oh and if you want I can definitely inform you about some interesting results when I'm done!

Iris

This discussion has been closed.