This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Updated] Honeywell Evohome 1.0.0

aloftaloft Member
edited November 2016 in Apps

Honeywell Evohome
With this app you can manage your Evohome and other systems that connect via Total Connect Comfort from within Homey. It is using the unofficial API of Evohome.

Settings
After installing the application, first visit the Homey Settings and navigate to the 'Honeywell Evohome' application.

Fill in your username (email address) and password and press save. Then, go to Devices and add a Honeywell Evohome device. Press thermostat and select which devices you'd like to add into Homey.

Flow support
Triggers

When temperature changes: triggers a flow when temperature changes
Via device card: individual temperature changes
Via Evohome card: any temperature measurement changes
When target temperature changes: triggers a flow when the target temperature setting changes
Via device card: individual target temperature settings changes
Conditions

No conditions defined at this moment

Actions

Set temperature ; this will set the individual temperature on a device. Attention: there is no way yet to cancel this setting other than setting another temperature or using the Evohome app/system.

Reset temperature: Cancel individual device setting

Execute QuickAction ; these are the generic settings of your Evohome. You can choose between:

Auto: this is the normal mode, Evohome will follow the set program
Economy: this is the economy mode, normally 3 degrees lower than Auto
Heating Off: This will turn your heating off ( with a lower limit of 7 degrees to protect the system from freezing )
Away: This will set the Evohome system to Away mode
Day Off: This will set the Evohome system to 'Day off' mode
Custom: This will set the Evohome system to 'Custom' mode; whatever you configured in Evohome itself
Execute QuickAction (manual entry); with this card you can enter the quickaction yourself. This is usefull if you have stored a quickaction value in a variable in Homey, this can be used e.g. to restore a previous setting. e.g. door open, set quickaction for heating off, then when door closes, set quickaction with variable where the previous status was stored (e.g. Auto).

All actions are currently on 'permanent' mode. In the future there might be timers (e.g. set Economy for two hours). If you need that now, using the Homey built in-timers or the CountDown app to trigger a timed event.

Speech
No speech support at this moment

Acknowledgement
Initial scripting (based on HC2) provided by Webster Icons provided by Webster & Reflow Additional information by various sources on Internet

Donate
If you like the app, consider a donation to support development
Paypal donate

Limitations
Only 1 Evohome system is supported.

ToDo
Add target temperature triggers
Add speech support
Clean-up code
Add timeout to code if Evohome service doesn't respond
Add error checking in code
Translation to NL
Known bugs
In order of priority:

[ Solved 1.0.0 ] : QuickActions are back [ Solved 0.4.9 ] : Logging and showing in cards of target temperature when set in a flow is now working [ Solved 0.4.7 ] : Cancel temperature didn't work in some circumstances. Should be OK now.

Unknown bugs
Yes ;-)

Changelog
V1.0.0 2016-11-19 : Quick Action setting and triggering working again
V0.4.9 2016-11-16 : Bugfix for target_temperature reporting when setting the temperature via Homey. There is a maximum 5 minute delay before it shows in the device card and insight logging
V0.4.8 2016-11-07 : Added target_temperature logging
V0.4.7 2016-10-21 : Correct 'cancel temperature' implementation
V0.4.6 2016-08-04 : Disabled quickaction checking due to API change
V0.4.5 2016-07-22 : Removed some logging that cluttered the logging in settings
V0.4.3 2016-06-15 : Solved 'first-run' bug
V0.4.2 2016-06-14 : extra trigger & action cards, fixed bugs, first code clean-up
V0.4.1 2016-06-09 : release for app store
V0.3.6 2016-06-07 : insights logging added, pairing bugs solved
V0.3.1 2016-06-05 : Second test release, including pairing of thermostats
V0.0.1 2016-05-28 : First test release on Github

Comments

•  <3 
  • aloftaloft Member
    Version 0.4.3 has been published to the app store

New features:

- Extra trigger and actions cards
        - Trigger: When QuickAction mode changes (excluding changes initiated via Homey)
        - Trigger: When any temperature changes
        - Action: Set manual QuickAction (instead of dropdown menu). Make sure you use the exact case sensitive syntax.  This can be used to remember (via a variable) a previous setting and return to it.
    E.g. : the QuickAction is now "DayOff". But if a door opens, you want heating to be off. After door closes, you use the manual entry QuickAction to restore to DayOff. 

Bugs solved:
    - Insight logging is now working consistently
    - Adding and removing devices works as expected, no need to restart the app.

• aloftaloft Member
    Honeywell Evohome app has been updated to 0.4.5.

No significant changes; I've deleted some logging entries (in Settings/Logging), to have a more clear overview of significant events instead of 5 minute updates where no changes have been made or seen. 
  • Evohome/Honeywell has changed its API somewhere in the last days. As the app uses an unofficial API, there is no notification/documentation on this change.

Due to this, QuickActions (reading and setting ) are not working.  The reading of the QuickAction (which is done at start and every 5 minutes) can even cause the application to stop reading temperatures. And that can cause crashes.

I've submitted an update to the App store, which disables the Quickaction reading. The action cards for setting remain, but they are non-functional. 

I hope to get this resolved asap, but I am relying on the Internet community to jointly figure out the new API calls ;-)

Sorry for any inconvenience, the QuickAction is one of my most used actions with the Evohome app, so it will be greatly missed until we can get the API call figured out.

• @aloft what do you mean with quicaction? I have the honneywell round connected, and it still reads and sets the temperature just fine via the mobile app. I did notice that the temperature logs was improved significantly a few months ago (more granular and consistent than before). I guess that was around the time they changed the api. So in short: alls good for me at the moment
  • Hi guys.
    Is a gateway required or can I use this app and Homey to connect straight to the thermostats and control them with Homey? 
    Thanks! 
  • MG11 said:
    Hi guys.
    Is a gateway required or can I use this app and Homey to connect straight to the thermostats and control them with Homey? 
    Thanks! 
    You need a gateway for a internet connection.

The latest Evohome/touch 3.0 has a build-in gateway, the older version 2 needs a seperate one.
  • Alle said:

The latest Evohome/touch 3.0 has a build-in gateway, the older version 2 needs a seperate one.
    Do you have any information where/when the 3.0 version is available? I can only find the older 2.0 version?

I guess, I cannot operate the valves with the gateway only? I always need the touchscreen?
  • G4nd41f said:
    Alle said:

Do you have any information where/when the 3.0 version is available? I can only find the older 2.0 version?

I guess, I cannot operate the valves with the gateway only? I always need the touchscreen?
    Most stores sell the ATC928G3000 with build-in internet gateway. 

Gateway is only used for remote control and does not send signals to the valves. So yes, you always need the touchscreen.
  • In Germany they still seem to sell the ATC928G2027: http://getconnected.honeywell.com/de/downloads

Hopefully, the new one will come here soon as well...
  • Does anyone use quickactions in flows?

I'am trying to activate a quickactions based on certain situations, but it doesn't work. 
  • @Alle As you can read in the description of the App https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.bevlogenheid.evohome ; there was an API change recently, which causes the 'quickactions' not to be functioning.

The API change is pretty significant, so I still need to find time to  rewrite about 90 % of the Evohome app.   Sorry for the delay.  
  • @aloft hmmm i missed that part. sorry.

I hope you find some time for that rewrite :) 
  • "Evohomey" has been updated to 0.4.8 . Changes:

- Added 'target_temperature' logging
    - Corrected 'cancel temperature' setting, sometimes this wouldn't work

Still not working is the QuickAction setting if you have a Evohome system.
  • @Alle and others:
     I've finally nailed the QuickAction setting and detection. This is now pending approval in the app store. These days that might take a couple of days.

If you cannot wait, you can manually install the GitHub version: https://github.com/ralfvd/nl.bevlogenheid.evohome

• @aloft nice job! I'll try as soon as the appstore release is ready :)
  • Hi, 
    The question was asked before but from the answer I'm not sure if i understood correctly if I buy a seticket of honeywell hr92 will theyou be able to connect directly to homey? 

Or do you need the evo home in order to get it working? since every one is talking about an api I think you would need the evo home and homey controls them through the api of the evo home?
  • @FreeFrags ;
    you cannot use the HR92 'stand-alone', you will need the Evohome controller; that one connects (directly or via a internet gateway, depending on the model you have) with Internet. Via those APIs, Homey can communicate with the Evohome system.
  • @aloft Thanks!
  • Version 1.0.0 is in the app store:

Honeywell Evohome

With this app you can manage your Evohome and other systems that connect via Total Connect Comfort from within Homey. It is using the unofficial API of Evohome.

Settings

After installing the application, first visit the Homey Settings and navigate to the 'Honeywell Evohome' application.

Fill in your username (email address) and password and press save. Then, go to Devices and add a Honeywell Evohome device. Press thermostat and select which devices you'd like to add into Homey.

Flow support

Triggers

• When temperature changes: triggers a flow when temperature changes
      • Via device card: individual temperature changes
      • Via Evohome card: any temperature measurement changes
    • When target temperature changes: triggers a flow when the target temperature setting changes
      • Via device card: individual target temperature settings changes

Conditions

No conditions defined at this moment

Actions

• Set temperature ; this will set the individual temperature on a device. Attention: there is no way yet to cancel this setting other than setting another temperature or using the Evohome app/system.

• Reset temperature: Cancel individual device setting

• Execute QuickAction ; these are the generic settings of your Evohome. You can choose between:

• Auto: this is the normal mode, Evohome will follow the set program
      • Economy: this is the economy mode, normally 3 degrees lower than Auto
      • Heating Off: This will turn your heating off ( with a lower limit of 7 degrees to protect the system from freezing )
      • Away: This will set the Evohome system to Away mode
      • Day Off: This will set the Evohome system to 'Day off' mode
      • Custom: This will set the Evohome system to 'Custom' mode; whatever you configured in Evohome itself
    • Execute QuickAction (manual entry); with this card you can enter the quickaction yourself. This is usefull if you have stored a quickaction value in a variable in Homey, this can be used e.g. to restore a previous setting. e.g. door open, set quickaction for heating off, then when door closes, set quickaction with variable where the previous status was stored (e.g. Auto).

All actions are currently on 'permanent' mode. In the future there might be timers (e.g. set Economy for two hours). If you need that now, using the Homey built in-timers or the CountDown app to trigger a timed event.

Speech

No speech support at this moment

Acknowledgement

Initial scripting (based on HC2) provided by Webster Icons provided by Webster & Reflow Additional information by various sources on Internet

Donate

If you like the app, consider a donation to support development
    Paypal donate

Limitations

Only 1 Evohome system is supported.

ToDo

• Add target temperature triggers
    • Add speech support
    • Clean-up code
    • Add timeout to code if Evohome service doesn't respond
    • Add error checking in code
    • Translation to NL

Known bugs

In order of priority:

[ Solved 1.0.0 ] : QuickActions are back [ Solved 0.4.9 ] : Logging and showing in cards of target temperature when set in a flow is now working [ Solved 0.4.7 ] : Cancel temperature didn't work in some circumstances. Should be OK now.

Unknown bugs

Yes ;-)

Changelog

• V1.0.0 2016-11-19 : Quick Action setting and triggering working again
    • V0.4.9 2016-11-16 : Bugfix for target_temperature reporting when setting the temperature via Homey. There is a maximum 5 minute delay before it shows in the device card and insight logging
    • V0.4.8 2016-11-07 : Added target_temperature logging
    • V0.4.7 2016-10-21 : Correct 'cancel temperature' implementation
    • V0.4.6 2016-08-04 : Disabled quickaction checking due to API change
    • V0.4.5 2016-07-22 : Removed some logging that cluttered the logging in settings
    • V0.4.3 2016-06-15 : Solved 'first-run' bug
    • V0.4.2 2016-06-14 : extra trigger & action cards, fixed bugs, first code clean-up
    • V0.4.1 2016-06-09 : release for app store
    • V0.3.6 2016-06-07 : insights logging added, pairing bugs solved
    • V0.3.1 2016-06-05 : Second test release, including pairing of thermostats
    • V0.0.1 2016-05-28 : First test release on Github
  • This is great! it seems to work very nice. I had a feature request, can you make a set card that accepts a number value?
  • @Uranday ; 1.0.1 has been published today, with the set card accepting a number value. Have fun! 
  • Great work aloft. 
    I would like to use the set card with number value, but it's won't accept the black value tag as input. (from another card)
    Should that work? if not, feature request :)
  • Try in google chrome. Its a bug in desktop. 
  • Robbertos said:
    Try in google chrome. Its a bug in desktop. 
    Just tried:
    Doesn't work in both (desktop and chrome) for this card.
    Does work in both on other cards (eg better logic cards)
  • Ok, I've got my EvoHome installed today, so let me know if you want me to help test new versions!

And is it possible to ask for a temperature and let home say it is <$evohome installed thermostat> degrees or graden. So is it possible to use a parameter to get into a default Homey speech card the value?

Thx Paul
  • I found a minor bug. Currently the target temperature is not set in the cards... Is this a known issue?
  • Hi, im rather new to homey (x-mas present) and bump into a few issues/questions with evohome integration.

@aloft first of all big thanks for this app before i start shooting issues into your direction.

1. From time to time I receive emails from the evohome platform about unable to apply zone changes. Example here: http://tpaste.us/2rBE (i never received these emails when using vera or home assistant). Not sure this is related to my setup but it looks like i cannot change much to fix it (there is nothing special in the debug log).
    2. With the Vera integration the change of setpoint can be temporary. Reading the docs/todo this has not yet been introduced in app. So for the time being I have created a flow to reset back the temperature after 60 minutes. This seems to work, but I wonder what would happen when I make changes within the hour again. Will my changes be reset by the previous flow adjustment or will it be ignored. If so, is there any way to prevent this?
    3. It seems a bit confusing when one changes the setpoint temperature the indicator will not updated at ones. It seems one has to wait until the app successfully change the temperature via the evo API.  Isn't there a way to change the color of the temperature text (or any other way) to show the previous setting is pending? or maybe just keep the adjusted temperature and reset if it fails to update?
    4. It has been reported before, but it seems impossible to change the number value as a text box in both chrome browser as in desktop app. I must say the interface to change the temperature is currently rather painful from both browser and android app. I guess as an app developer there is no way to provider a better slider or +/- signs to in/decrease the temperature?
    5. As mentioned by @Uranday I've had moments where the target temperature was not shown (did not contain any value) currently it seems to work again so im not sure this was just a glitch or a real bug. 

• RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited December 2016
    @loft

I updated this morning to 1.1.0 (experimental) and now the Evohome app is not working anymore. I cannot login to TCC anymore. I am sure the UserID/Password are ok. Already tried to uninstall/install the app, did not solve the problem.
    Until 1.1.0 I used it without any problems.

-------------------------------- Update
    Hmm, again installed the app, installed it and now its working again.......
    Also the Tag "ingestelde temperatuur" as a valid value now. Not sure what the problem was. Honeywell cloud service was working all the time....
    ------------------------------ Update
    Problem now is that I can set the temperature with the desktop app or the IOS app, I see the set temperature in the log and the temperature is set on the thermostat, but the Homey set temperature is not updated anymore ???
    -------------------------------Update
    And now I get the incorrect settings again on the settings screen and I cannot login anymore....... Something is wrong.
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited September 2017
    Installed Evohome app from store. Login was OK but when I click on add device and then thermostat I get the rotating cog wheel but it never finds any of my thermostats, just keeps rotating  - any ideas ?

[Evohome] Recurring Interval devices: 0 : Thu Aug 31 2017 01:04:32 GMT+0100 (BST)

[Update:]  
    So...this is caused by me having the evoHome hot water sensor.   In the data it returns its name is empty and this throws an error.
    (node:28132) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): 
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined
    (node:28132) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated.
     In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
           "thermostatModelType": "DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER",
            "deviceType": 128,
            "name": "",
    The hot water sensor also doesn't have the same changeable values
    entry["thermostat"]["changeableValues"]["heatSetpoint"]["value"]
    "changeableValues": {
    "mode": "DHWOff",
    "status": "Hold"
    },
     I have crudely patched around this but I also noticed some other errors that are not being handled fully and at some time this app might break when the OS is updated to terminate the app on such errors.
    e.g.
    (node:19300) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): 
    Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 10.0.0.1:443
    (node:19300) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated.
    In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.