This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey infrared

2»

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    @Amelsfort In a distant past I managed to get those to work once but didn't manage after that... Really crappy stuff...
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    @Amelsfort In a distant past I managed to get those to work once but didn't manage after that... Really crappy stuff...
    Same for me. I think it only recognised the on button back then. Now it does register the buttons but they won't work. Maybe we can get the raw code information via the company?
  • most of that stuff uses RC5 codebase. it should be fairly easy to implement this.
  • Tried to use IR. Only get 'send only' IR device when adding my remote by learning signals. It isn't in the database (Panasonic TV). I want Homey to receive my remotes signals. 

Did a search on the forum and couldn't find any usefull information. 
  • @thayoung1  looks like no new devies have been added to the database since this database was created. There is possibility to raise a request to add a certain brand/device, which I did (sorry, don´t have the link anymore)

Addinh al the buttons manually is a nightmare. One mistake and you have to start all over, as there is no possibility to edit your configuration.

I really hope this gets some attention from te developers. 
  • Please add Sony KDL-HX850
  • @Ronald_A Thanks for the info. Bummer, I thought waiting a couple of weeks after the release of IR would make it work. Still waiting with useless IR for now.
  • I just tried my Denon rc-884 remote (for a Denon acr-3801 tuner) again, but homey still doesn't have a IR library for it. Recording buttons seem to react on button presses and I can name the records, but when beaming the IR record the tuner does not react in any way. To bad IR is still not that easy to use as in just recording and beaming what is recorded.

I also noticed the IR stream visualization is gone, why is that? You used to be able to see the IR pattern that was recorded. This was really useful to determine whether a signal was proper recorded or not. It also helped with recognizing why some remotes where not picket us, as the first part of the stream alway's was the same pattern, and the new different parts where outside the record window.
  • Same problem with Apple Remotes
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited November 2016
    Still, even after the update to 1.0.1, Homey is unable to switch my candles on or off.  :(
    It would be nice if Homey was able to turn them on before Christmas. :)
  • Infrared is ancient and stil uset in most modern devices availabel et Mediamarkt. 
  • MHubert said:
    Infrared is ancient and stil uset in most modern devices availabel et Mediamarkt. 
    The idea of Homey is that i could communicate with ALL types of devices, the gimmick was that it included "old" devices like infra-red.
  • I would love to see the Arris VIP2952 V2 added to the list. This is a set-top box that KPN uses for their iTV glasfiber. I must admit that I am a bit surprised that this one is missing. After all, KPN is one of the main suppliers of TV services.
  • I would love to see the Arris VIP2952 V2 added to the list. This is a set-top box that KPN uses for their iTV glasfiber. I must admit that I am a bit surprised that this one is missing. After all, KPN is one of the main suppliers of TV services.
    A lot of people do have a Toon thermostat, but no working app yet. I hope Athom and Eneco will help each other to get a working app soon.
  • i succed to learn a remote but the range is too poor, 5meters max, could be improved?
  • Sommo said:
    i succed to learn a remote but the range is too poor, 5meters max, could be improved?

Are the IR leds visable through the holes in Homey?
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited November 2016
    Gerjan said:
    Sommo said:
    i succed to learn a remote but the range is too poor, 5meters max, could be improved?

Are the IR leds visable through the holes in Homey?
    is that matters? because it can learn the remote but when it send the signal learned the power range is about max 5meters.. ir IN and ir OUT are so different? anyway i will check with my phone's camera

• Is there a list available for IR equipment which is already working with Homey?
    Since the IR function of Homey was renewed 1 or 2 months ago I don't succeed anymore to learn a IR code. All I get after 15 - 20 times pressing a button: invalid_session.
    So we've to wait for AtHom for adding all the codes for all the equipment we're asking for.
    Logitech says their database contains like 27.000 pieces of equipment... building that seems a couple of years work....
    And how you are doing this all? How do you obtain all these remote controls to programm these into your database? Or do we need to ship and lent our remote controls to you so you can programm these???
  • Just tried IR, still not working for me. I use a Panasonic Remote. When choosing Panasonic I get a send only device which is not working. 
  • Just tried with alu apple remote and i also get send only device, makes no sense... why? :) if it can receive the remote just fine, why cant it then use it as a receiving one to trigger flows as well
  • MY home just dosent with with all the fan and AC unit IR controller :( ... the learning process seem smooth but when come to execution .. homey cant send out the signal properly 
  • the ir is a real cat in the sack until now........
  • Question: Does anyone now if the Dream Multimedia ( Dreambox ) DM800HD is supported by the Homey?
    On screen I see that there is a reaction learning a button on the Dreambox IR remote, so I assumed Homey can handle this signal,  but using this in a flow does not work at all. Is there anyone outthere with a Dreambox remote working on the Homey? 
    Thanks for a reply. :)
  • Willem said:
    Question: Does anyone now if the Dream Multimedia ( Dreambox ) DM800HD is supported by the Homey?
    On screen I see that there is a reaction learning a button on the Dreambox IR remote, so I assumed Homey can handle this signal,  but using this in a flow does not work at all. Is there anyone outthere with a Dreambox remote working on the Homey? 
    Thanks for a reply. :)
    Take a look here https://forum.athom.com/discussion/303/support-for-enigma-based-stb-set-top-box

No app yet but somebody was working on one for some more topics just search for enigma on the forum.
  • I have finally got the tv to work with homey. 
    It took me a couple of weeks and i do not use it for switching channels (its to slow using homey) I had to turn devices and place homey a bit more from the wall. 

The strange part is moving homey from the wall away made the voice commands working a bit better now.  Its 50/50 but this could be due to how i have set my flows (still a beginner) i use maybe to simple commands instead of a sentence. 
  • I have been trying multiple times for hours with 2 different homey's and a lot of devices in different buildings to build up demo's for presentations that with do for domotics related subjects but it actually has never really worked!
    We tryed it on a lot of devices as we are in different building and pressentation rooms (TV's, Tuners, Led lights, Airco's, Ventilators), but it never really works. All devices are often not in the Database, or it is a generic one that doesn't work. Also recording from available remotes seems to be getting recorded (in the past I could see what it recorded but since the IR update I can't see the signal anymore, really a downgrade) and I can name different buttons. But they never seem to work. Trying at different ranges from the device and different record ranges with the controller. 

This is really to bad as often the homey isn't even included in the presentation anymore because there are not other devices to link up. I'm disappointed at the IR capability's as often a universal remote with record function can do this out of the box.

We had one time a working led strips, but it did not do what was expected from the pressed buttons, it just changed random to different colors.

• I have been trying multiple times for hours with 2 different homey's and a lot of devices in different buildings to build up demo's for presentations that with do for domotics related subjects but it actually has never really worked!
    We tryed it on a lot of devices as we are in different building and pressentation rooms (TV's, Tuners, Led lights, Airco's, Ventilators), but it never really works. All devices are often not in the Database, or it is a generic one that doesn't work. Also recording from available remotes seems to be getting recorded (in the past I could see what it recorded but since the IR update I can't see the signal anymore, really a downgrade) and I can name different buttons. But they never seem to work. Trying at different ranges from the device and different record ranges with the controller. 

This is really to bad as often the homey isn't even included in the presentation anymore because there are not other devices to link up. I'm disappointed at the IR capability's as often a universal remote with record function can do this out of the box.

We had one time a working led strips, but it did not do what was expected from the pressed buttons, it just changed random to different colors.

Check the software notes:

In the meantime we have been working on improving the 433 MHz & IR receiving range by implementing a new decoding algorithm, and the results look very promising so far! We might write a blogpost about our magic in the future as well.
  • honeyhoney Member
    Has anything happened with this? Or alternatively does anyone know where the IR codes are kept in the IR apps? I could not find them.
  • honeyhoney Member
    That is what I did and I did not find the signals in the /app.js as per the instruction. They are in the app.json.