This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

ACDB-7000C doorbell won't ring

The KAKU ACDB-7000C doorbell I got works fine with it's own buzzer but I can't make it ring from a flow. Any ideas?

Comments

• My experience is that this device and Homey don't work well together. At the moment it works here, but I too found that it can suddenly stop working. Or it suddenly fires the flow twice.

What sometime shelp is to remove the flow and the doorbell and start all over.

Either way it's frustrating.

• That specific doorbell is not working well with homey, you could try ACDB-6600C this one works with homey.
    You don't have to buy the ringer and order only the button, you than can use the homey app soundboard and install a melody of your one and let homey act as a ringer.
  • Damn.... There is basically not a lot that works hey? Yesterday I watched the video's and demo's from Athom, for some reason it all seemed to work brilliantly a year ago. 
  • I made a mistake,  I said that ACDB-6600C was working well but I use the ACDB-7000A and don't have the ACDB-7000C but as said I let homey act as a ringer like the ACDB-7000C.

And I have a few flow's which are triggered when the button is pressed, and they are all working faultless.

• The ACDB-7000C is just a reciever aye?
  • Yes it is just the bell part of the system.
  • Mathijs said:
    Yes it is just the bell part of the system.
    So you are trying to add this device to homey so you can make the bell ring from a flow?

(I have the ACDB-7000B myself but that is a sender which works properly with homey)
  • Am using the ACDB-7000BC with a relais for the normal 12 V button outside and works like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.