This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Greenwave - power / energy

EternityEternity Member
edited November 2016 in Archive
Perhaps I have missed a post, but a just noticed that my single Greenwave Powernodes give energy consumption:

I do not recall seeing that before!

The 6-socket Greenwave Powernode don't:

The App updated today, but I don't see a change log anywhere...

Comments

• Try re-pairing your devices, all energy consumption reports are (should be) working!
  • This has been working for some time but since firmware 0.10.x you need to specifically set all association groups on the main node to 1. Since Greenwave app version 1.0.5 this is the default. If you paired your Greenwave powernode-6 device before this version either re-pair or set the association groups manually.
  • Thanks guys, will try your suggestions ! 
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited November 2016
    @RobinBolscher ;
    settings seem to be changed in the Version  1.0.6
    After re-pairing, the "main" Node still has the Name PowerNode 6 as well as the 6th Plug

Is there a ChangeLog for this v1.0.6 ??
  • V1.0.6 just changed the default values of keep alive and polling.
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited November 2016
    Are there cards now available so that you can carry out actions based on energy consumption? 
  • fuzzybear said:
    Are there cards now available so that you can carry out actions based on energy consumption? 
    Yes, they have been there for some time as well. I have a lot of flows based on these triggers and conditions.
  • Great then it looks like time to move over to Homey :smiley: 
  • Greenwave seems (more) stable too. No disconnected devices for 2 days . 
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited November 2016
    Unfortunaly negative for me, since last update (V1.0.6) the green(ON/OFF) lights on the greenwave modules start blinking and stop blinking after some time, also the plugs switch with a delay of 10 to 300 sec. after not being used for several hours (and are not blinking). Do other users also have this problem? I have connected now 2 modules NP310-F-NN within a distance of 1 meter from Homey. (going to try shorter time-outs now).
  • Green leds again. . . . Grrrrhhhh
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited November 2016
    Changed the timing parameters of the MainNode only, no more blinking now:

Delay with firsttime use is still there (first test 35 sec.)
  • Does anyone know why the values reported by the Greenwave Powernodes differ in various places within Homey? For example in 'Devices', I've paired the following PowerNode:

As you can see the Energy reported is 0 W. Next, I'm using the Energy value in a 'Flow': 

When running this flow, Homey speaks out loud the value: 7.5

And finally when viewing the 'Insights' information, the last value it shows is 0.7 W

So there you have it, 3 different values for one and the same thing... Can anyone explain what's going on? As some of you probably have guessed, I want to create a flow that tells us when the washing machine is done (in an attempt to increase the WAF  ;)  )
  • Y0u run the flow by pressing "test" I assume? That won't work as it's a dummy value for energy... If you always want the latest usage you should create a variable and store the value in it when energy has changed. Then you can have Homey speak the value of the variable if you like. As for 0.7 vs 0.0, perhaps some rouding-error?
  • I am still hoping to see the Greenwave Power nodes remaining connected. . . . . 

Still need to restart Homey twice a day, otherwise I get green flashing leds . 
  • I have the same, also homey starts lagging with voice at that point. Seems memory related?
  • It *is* Homey related; it worked fine when Domoticz was controlling the plus via Aeotec a z-wave stick.

Also, a reboot or PTP solves the issue without doing anything to the Power nodes....

Please fix this Athom....
  • Has anyone logged a GitHub issue for this yet? It is an app created by Homey, so they will support it if someone logs a defect: https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/12.

• Will do so now!
  • Y0u run the flow by pressing "test" I assume? That won't work as it's a dummy value for energy... If you always want the latest usage you should create a variable and store the value in it when energy has changed. Then you can have Homey speak the value of the variable if you like. As for 0.7 vs 0.0, perhaps some rouding-error?

Yup, I pressed the 'Test' -button, didn't know that it would use a dummy value, but I do know now  ;) thanx. The 0.7 vs 0.0 values are probably rounding errors. 
  • Robin said:
    Try re-pairing your devices, all energy consumption reports are (should be) working!
    If the device is paired as a lamp does it also show energy consumption? Mine does not, also not after re-pairing?
    Only works for me when paired as an other device.
  • Robin said:
    Try re-pairing your devices, all energy consumption reports are (should be) working!
    If the device is paired as a lamp does it also show energy consumption? Mine does not, also not after re-pairing?
    Only works for me when paired as an other device.
    Same here ;)
  • its because that capability (measure_power) is not in the class "light" only in the class "socket" what it will become when you select "an other device"

has been mentioned a lot of times already
This discussion has been closed.