This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.9

Homey v0.10.9 has been released to the experimental channel. This release is scheduled to be the last release in the 0.10.x series.
  • Added functionality to trigger a Flow from another Flow
  • Added a 'Time is between' Flow condition card
  • Fixed a bug where multiple mobile components would not receive realtime events
  • Fixed a bug where Insights would draw weird charts
  • Fixed a bug where the mobile 'slider' component would have too little width
  • Fixed a bug where Insights dates that were in the past would not be saved correctly
  • Fixed a bug where capabilities sharing the same ID would not work properly
  • Fixed a bug where Flows would exist but not show
  • Fixed a bug where mobile cards would not show
  • Improved mobile card realtime events timeout
  • App settings installed using `athom project --run` won't get deleted upon reboot
  • Various improvements

Comments

• Any update on the bleutooth department?
  • Slack: " I’m afraid bluetooth can't be released until the cause of https://github.com/sandeepmistry/noble/issues/465 is known and resolved. But we may have some other news today "
  • According to Emile`s Slack comment the ETA of the media capability is 3 weeks. If I remember well that is to be shipped with the BT update.
  • Lets hope that bug is squashed soon. :tired_face: 
  • Lets hope that bug is squashed soon. :tired_face: 
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1478258161017472

We have been making some progress tracing the cause ourselves too, and are continuously running tests, however, as the time until we reproduce the issue increases, it also takes longer to verify if things are working as they should. As soon as we get a stresstest of a flickering ble light running for more than a week, we’ll release BLE in the beta channel, along with the API and an example app, (and maybe even more than one).

we’ve been hopeful that this week would have been that week, but we had a BLE crash after 4 days of uptime

• ZperXZperX Member
    edited November 2016
    Bettervoice is now obsolete.
    Overnight periods are working
    The insight graphs still curves back, but it is not a big deal:

Can`t remove disconnected Z-wave devices.
  • I like how these last few smaller updates, don't negatively influence the workflow of Homey. One update, 2 minutes, and nothing that stops working. In the past, our KAKU doorbell stopped working for example.

Keep it up! It feels more stable with every update.
  • cautjecautje Member
    edited November 2016
    THX! works super
  • edited November 2016
    Some small issues installing the update (invalid checksum, high memory usage, all apps crashed) but after two soft reboots all is ok. Great update moving towards stable.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited November 2016
    ZperX said:

^                                                                                                                     
    That's an issue with mathematical curvefitting all the time. I had to look really close two see two minor back-draws...
  • ZperX said:

^                                                                                                                     
    That's an issue with mathematical curvefitting all the time. I had to look really close two see two minor back-draws...
    I know. I just posted the first curve, the level of the back draw depends on the values, there are more significant ones. But as I said it is not important it was just a response on the: 
    • Fixed a bug where Insights would draw weird charts
  • "Added functionality to trigger a Flow from another Flow" works very nice. Thnx
  • But how can you make a flow without an IF? 

I mean; can you make a flow just to turn on the TV? And use that flow in another flow?

• Pils said:
    But how can you make a flow without an IF? 

I mean; can you make a flow just to turn on the TV? And use that flow in another flow?

There is now an 'when this flow is triggered' card :P
  • Joolee said:

There is now an 'when this flow is triggered' card :P
    Maybe it's me, but I don't see those trigger cards anywhere...
    Not for the 'when' or for the 'then' column...  :|
  • @Fire69 : When I drag the "Flow" card to the "when" or "then" column, I get the option and condition for other flows.
  • fredsky said:
    @Fire69 : When I drag the "Flow" card to the "when" or "then" column, I get the option and condition for other flows.
    Yes, but what option?  'Trigger' and/or 'Activate'?
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited November 2016
    The overnight periods are still not working despite the expectation.

It stops working at midnight. So I have reopened the issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/582
  • Fire69 said:
    fredsky said:
    @Fire69 : When I drag the "Flow" card to the "when" or "then" column, I get the option and condition for other flows.
    Yes, but what option?  'Trigger' and/or 'Activate'?
    If you want to start flow B from flow A, drag the flow card in the When part of flow B (it changes in "This Flow is triggered"). In flow A you drag the flow card in the then part and change it in Trigger a Flow and put the name of flow B in it. Enjoy! 
  • I understand the system, but there seems to be something wrong.
    In the 'When' column, it's 'Deze flow is geactiveerd' so that's correct.
    But in the 'Then' column, there are 3 cards available.  2 times 'Activeer deze flow' and 1 'Deactiveer deze flow'.

(notice the difference with the little info icon?)

We already had the 'Activeer' and 'Deactiveer' cards before 0.10.9, but those were used to enable/disable flows to control if they would run if a condition was met.
    But the new card card has exactly the same name, so either they created it to be confusing, or it's a bug :)

• Fire69 said:
    I understand the system, but there seems to be something wrong.
    In the 'When' column, it's 'Deze flow is geactiveerd' so that's correct.
    But in the 'Then' column, there are 3 cards available.  2 times 'Activeer deze flow' and 1 'Deactiveer deze flow'.

(notice the difference with the little info icon?)

We already had the 'Activeer' and 'Deactiveer' cards before 0.10.9, but those were used to enable/disable flows to control if they would run if a condition was met.
    But the new card card has exactly the same name, so either they created it to be confusing, or it's a bug :)

Probably just the name of the flow card that has the same translation ( I agree, confusing) , use the one with the info icon, that works for me (I use English though ) 
  • Is it perhaps a simple idea to call the new flow card   scene  or  scenario
    Then you read the card as    Activeer een Scenario
    would be a logical solution i gues... :*
  • Why not just 'Trigger a flow' (en) and 'Start een flow' (nl)? 
    It's neither a scene or a scenario. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Why not just 'Trigger a flow' (en) and 'Start een flow' (nl)? 
    Start or trigger a flow does well for me, but why is it not a scene or scenario?
    I mean, i think i can use it that way.
    Can you explane me where i think wrong?
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited November 2016
    I really like the new trigger flow from another flow card. The tooltip makes is very easy to use. Recently, I created a sequence of events using a variable to trigger the various "stages". Using seperate stages made it easier to finetune the timing. Trigger flow cards would make it even easier. 

The sequence I creates consists of playing the Thunderbird theme and on the queues of the music, lights start blinking, the rollershutters close and the TV is turned on. 

However, for most of the flows, I still use "states" via variables because they allow one to check the current state as well.
    - IF "trigger" AND State > x and < y THEN State = z
    - IF variable State changes AND value = z THEN "do stuff" 
    There are multiple triggers which can set a state. (time, sensors, voice command, etc.)
    At the moment, I use integer based states so I can easily check if the current state is between x and y before transitioning to state z when an event occurs. 

It would be nice if Homey would continue to enhance the native support for variables and flows. The Better Logic app is already an amazing enhancement. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Start or trigger a flow does well for me, but why is it not a scene or scenario?
    i'm not saying your wrong, it's just a matter of preference I guess. :)
    You just starts another flow, so it might confuse other/new users when you call it a scene/scenario.
  • Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    You just starts another flow, so it might confuse other/new users when you call it a scene/scenario.
    I see
    but i think its more confusing to have 2 cards whit the same name. ( only an i makes the diferance.)
    But;  we will see how Athom tackle this (small) problem   :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    I see
    but i think its more confusing to have 2 cards whit the same name. ( only an i makes the diferance.)
    But;  we will see how Athom tackle this (small) problem   :)
    I already made an issue on GitHub for it and Emile said it will be fixed in 0.11.
    No further details so we'll see how they fix it :smile: 
  • thx  ;)

• My rollershutters were unresponsive yesterday. Things worked again after a reboot. It seems to be a rare issue.
    The issue looked similar to 1030, so I added it as a comment. Anyone else experienced a similar issue?
This discussion has been closed.