This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Greenwave Powerplugs not stable

Firmware v0.10.7
App v1.0.5

I have Greenwave Powernodes with 1 and 6 sockets. Up till now I have had problems getting these to work sable in Homey (they used to work fine with a Aeotec Z-wave stick controlled by Domoticz on a Synology NAS).

Even with the 'stay alive' tweaks and polling enabled, all loose connection with Homey, after a day (or 2). Green LED's flashing. Odd thing; single Powernodes are located within 5 cm from each other, and 1 can start flashing the green LED, the other is still controllable. What a mesh.... ;-)

The only solution is to restart Homey (via the web interface, not PTP). All nodes are found again and the systems work form approx. a day. 

So, is there a better way that re-booting every 12 to 24 hours?

Comments

• What is the polling frequency you have set for all the nodes. In my experience this needs to be at least 4 minutes with a 5 second spread between every socket (so values of at least 240 and for every other socket +5). And have you tried re-pairing them. I suggested this to others and that solved their problems in relation to setting a high polling frequency.

With a 5 minute polling frequency and a 5 second spread my Greenwave powernodes (two powernode-1 and two powernode 6) are functioning perfect.
  • I checked and altered the settings:

Powernode 1 or 6 - polling - keep alive time - room - distance to Homey:

PN6 - 200 / 255 livingroom 4m
    PN1 - 250 / 255 kitchen 6m
    PN1 - 220 / 255 kitchen 6m
    PN1 - 180 / 255 livingroom 2m

• Eternity said:
    I checked and altered the settings:

Powernode 1 or 6 - polling - keep alive time - room - distance to Homey:

PN6 - 200 / 255 livingroom 4m
    PN1 - 250 / 255 kitchen 6m
    PN1 - 220 / 255 kitchen 6m
    PN1 - 180 / 255 livingroom 2m

Still pretty low polling frequencies. My advice, use values higher of at least 240 for all nodes.
  • Will try that! 

Thanks @Phuturist ;

• I also have issues with this app. I have 3 Powernode 6, one attached to homey.
    After a couple of hours Zwave stops working.
    It seems that homey isn't talking to te devices anymore because I see my Fibaro motion sensor light up on motion but no status changes in Homey.
    I have changed the poll intervals as described above, this extends the time that Zwave keeps working, but zwave still stopped working  this morning.

After a reboot or ptp of homey everything works again. Tried removing and reinstalling the app but this did not solve the issue.

Disabled the greenwave app this morning and since then I had no issues and zwave seems stable.

I will test this a bit longer but it seems that this app has some bugs that crashes zwave or something.

• @nitehawk ;

I think we have the same problem, with the Greenwave powernodes. The work for a while, but stop at rondom after a half day / day. Only a power cycle or warm reboot connects them again.
  • @Eternity ;

Seems like it, do you have any more zwave devices and do they also stop working/communicating?
  • @nitehawk @Eternity on what software / app version did you install the powernodes?

I had similar issues as described above, with my powernodes added to Homey on SW 0.9.x.
    My 3 Powernode 6's and 1 Powernode 1 are now running stable after excluding the powernodes from Homey's z-wave network, removing the app, restart Homey, reinstall of the app, adding the powernodes and updating with "keep alive" @ 255 and polling interval on all sub-nodes at minimum 300 seconds (not below) with some spread...

In addition to the powernodes, 2 Fibaro Multi sensors are connected to my Homey.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2016
    Z-WAVE, I have 4 Aeotec multisensor 6s, 4 Fibaro FGS-222 double switches. 

The single Greenwave Power nodes have been re-included wwhen I updated to the latest Homey firmware . I am not sure about the 6 socket one, but I thing I removed and re installed that too. 

Z-wave just seems sluggish after a day. Motion is detected, but the flow triggering is slow.