This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Updating settings on Fibaro Multisensor does not work/ Limited range

I was trying to update some of the settings of my Fibaro Multisensors (e.g. switching the LED off). When I click on save it tells me the changes will be send to the device the next time it wakes up. I have waited now more than 24 hours and obviously no settings have been updated. The LED is still flashing when detecting a motion. Is this a known issue and does anyone have the same problem?

Besides they are having a quite limited range, but that issue is already known as I saw: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/918

Comments

• Here one sensor with same problem, two normal working.
  • i've been trying to find this issue, with auto waking up and setting settings on wakeup.

and i think i know the issue, but need more in real life scenario's for this.

Because i think this is what is happening.
    Homey receives the signal "sensor awake" on motion triggered as well, sends parameters and removes from queue because the sensor was awake and parameters has been send.
    when in fact the sensor does not wake up with motion is triggered.

so if you can help me to confirm my believes, have at least 1 of the sensor's settings be changed
    (parameters need to be different value before saving, before it sends the changed parameters, so if you want a certain colour/off and that is already selected, change the colour, click save, and change it back to the colour you wanted, and then save again)
    and make sure it does not send a motion trigger for a maximum of 2 hours (2 hours is the default wake up time) if it now does change the settings i know for sure it also sends the parameters to the sensor, and remove it from queue without waiting for an acknowledgement that the settings have been received.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited October 2016
    There are two issues here. Range is one of them. The other one is not reported. When I save any setting in my sensor it gets even more unreliable. It start to hallucinate movements and canceling them for a sec and so on. If I reset the sensor and use the default settings than I have less random issues. You can manually wake up the sensor by pressing the B button (when not in inclusion mode).
  • I can confirm this issue. Have been trying to change the luminosity report time and the multisensor simply ignores it. I did what Caseda asked and the sensor is now waiting for the 2 hours of no reports!
  • I had the same problem, but solved it, UNINTENTIONALLY, by putting the sensor next to Homey and my laptop. I woke up the sensor, changed the settings and saved them. That worked, so no problems with saving while asleep. I do have the problem with calibrating the Temp by – (minus) 3 º. The app would not except the big numbers 65506 in raw-setting 66

• @ThijsDeJong ;
    that is only a work around that should not be needed if the sensor is awake properly when homey sends the parameters.

that way is the most save way of sending the parameters, but it's not viable to get every sensor you want to change a setting for, from it's place (sometimes hard to reach) just to change any settings.

raw parameters aren't send by the app though, that is done through core itself.
    what is your parameter exactly?
    66,2,66506;    ?
    i'll add a parser for the offset, that way it will be possible to change it properly in the normal settings. including negative numbers.
  • @caseda,

I concur. It shouldn’t be necessary  to get the sensor near your Homey, but that was my work around.

About the raw-parameters; I would be much a blight when it will become an option within the app to calibrate the sensors temperature. As well as the Lux.

• @ThijsDeJong ;
    it is not possible to calibrate the lux in the fibaro motion sensor's only the temperature,
    it might be possible to calibrate inside homey, but that will take a lot of code to make it consistent everywhere (like in flows, mobile card, insights, etc)

temperature was already possible but just addition, no subtraction (would have caused a crash), with the parser both is possible  and 3 degree = really 3 (not 30) :)
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited October 2016
    That was one of my first thought that the settings from the app are not sent correctly. So I added the sensor as standard Z-wave device and set it up with RAW data. It stayed unstable. I can confirm placing the sensor near to homey helps. But there is two problem with this: there are z-wave devices you can`t place near homey and the range of homey is too limited.
  • ZperX said:
     there are z-wave devices you can`t place near homey
    You can place Homey near the device  :p
  • MathijsMathijs Member
    edited October 2016
    caseda said:
    @ThijsDeJong ;
    it is not possible to calibrate the lux in the fibaro motion sensor's only the temperature,
    so basically the whole idea of using that sensor to switch on light when it gets dark should be forgotten? What have I gotten myself into? Btw I tried the suggested way and still only get one lux update every hour. which is, to be honest, as useful as getting nothing.

The nasty thing is that this used to work. In so many areas we seem to be going backwards in stability.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @Mathijs
    i never said anything about reporting from sensor to homey ;)

there is a BIG difference in calibration and report,
    calibration = if lux measured: 50 lux and it is supposed to be 60 lux then the calibration would be +10, that won't change anything in the report timing

report = if lux measured comes above a change of 50 lux (IE: 50 -> 101), then send that value to the controller

the issue talking about here is parameter settings from homey to the sensor anyway..

but allas, to help you in your completely different issue
    since i'm using the motion sensor's for motion and its lux, to turn on light when too dark for many months now, and they work perfectly.

what is your distance to homey,
    is there anything in between,
    do you have any powered z-wave devices nearby,
    what kind of settings did you change,
    only the amount of lux that needs to change?
    or did you also put in the report interval for the lux, which is off by default.