This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.7

2»

Comments

• SommoSommo Member
    edited October 2016
    my homey update it self to 0.10.7 during the night (i'm not on experimental)
  • I get 'extractpath_not_writable'.
    I'm on 0.10.3.
    I did put in on manual update and clicked install.
    I also tried just rebooting the Homey before a second attempt.
    Any ideas ?
    Switch off some apps before u update
  • Sadly this update is not bringing Homey to a higher standard then my KaKu ICS-1000.
    When you notice all those questions about extra things for Homey to do, but the basis tasks can't it perform, than the fun is over.
    The call that is beta is not fair when you see this.
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/35779/#Comment_35779

Because the focus seems not to make KaKu perform normal, at least even good as the KaKu ICS-1000.
    In that light I put also no effort in Homey for test and tips.
    That time I will spent to make me to understand Linux, Raspbery PI and Domoticz and well from scratch.

@Annemarie
    The Community Meet Up at the 12th of November is not for normal users so I cancel my message to come.

• Sommo said:
    my homey update it self to 0.10.7 during the night (i'm not on experimental)
    0.10.7 is stabel now, do that's why you get the update 

• The Community Meet Up at the 12th of November is not for normal users so I cancel my message to come.

If it's not for normal people, can I come ?
    I'm not normal!
  • The Community Meet Up at the 12th of November is not for normal users so I cancel my message to come.
    If it's not for normal people, can I come ?
    I'm not normal!
    :p Am I the only one who doesn't understand what @TheoDeKoning means? As for having Athom shift their focus to other domotica-protocols, if ever there's a good opportunity to make your case, it's the 12th...
  • I get 'extractpath_not_writable'.
    I'm on 0.10.3.
    I did put in on manual update and clicked install.
    I also tried just rebooting the Homey before a second attempt.
    Any ideas ?
    Switch off some apps before u update
    Thanks, that fixed my problem !
  • From this stable update on the "extract-path not writable" error should be gone, fixed in 0.10.5...
  • @BasVanDenBosch 
    You mean that it's fixed when updating to 0.10.8+ ? Because it happened to me when installing 0.10.7

• When my homey was on version 0.8.xx i had about 20 flows.
    Afther the 0.10.3 update they were all gone.
    I could still trigger them but i couldnt see them in the flow editor.
    In this version the problem is still there.

• Nienix said:
    When my homey was on version 0.8.xx i had about 20 flows.

Email support about that. they will help you and fix it.
  • Nienix said:
    When my homey was on version 0.8.xx i had about 20 flows.

Email support about that. they will help you and fix it.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/940

• @BasVanDenBosch 
    You mean that it's fixed when updating to 0.10.8+ ? Because it happened to me when installing 0.10.7
    :smile: When installing 0.10.7 you still were on 0.10.3 so the fix of 0.10.5 wasn't there yet... Now it is...
  • Jon said:
    Anyone who has news on when somfy is working again properly on the latest firmwares? Up till now, it's still pretty much useless. 

Same here. Somfy used to work, but now its broken.
  • EdTst said:
    Jon said:
    Anyone who has news on when somfy is working again properly on the latest firmwares? Up till now, it's still pretty much useless. 

Same here. Somfy used to work, but now its broken.
    same here still not working 
  • Since 0.10.7 my homey clearly understands my voice input less then before. Any user(s) who can confirm this?
  • True, homey was able to understand "what Time ist it?" etc.  
    since 0.10.7 it understands nothing than "okay homey "
  • Voice control, especially the 'Oke Homey' trigger, stopped working after 0.8.34 over here. That's the only thing that doesn't work.

What I've noticed that's different after 0.10.7 is the speed of multiple KAKU commands. This used to be faster than it is now but it's still working well.
  • mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited November 2016

Hi all,

I confirm that after upgrading to 0.10.7 the speech recognition went dramatically downhill.

Where I was quite pleased with Homeys performance before, I am now often getting frustrated because Homey simply doesn't recognize most of the commands I give and I still have to get from the couch or get the remotes to control devices because Homey refuses to do whatever I requested him to do.

Also the integration of Homey in my already existing Z-Wave network that is managed by the Fibaro HC2 controller isn't working at all. I can include Homey in this existing network, but that's about it... Homey can't access all my Z-Wave devices and in order to make it somehow working right now, I had to set up many global variables and additional scenes within the HC2 that are triggered by HTTP requests fired from Homey.

Honestly speaking, I'm giving Homey another 3 months (.. to 6 months really at max.) and if things do not improve to my satisfaction then Homey will be out. In about that time I'll get L.U.C.Y. as well which brings me more functionality plus speech control capabilities.

Anyway, the above is purely my own feeling and thought, so for those where Homey does what it supposed to do then please do enjoy this fantastic Dutch product. I am still fond of the concept and have great respect for the Athom team (.. they already came that far, don't forget!) but for me this may not work out as how I intended it to do.

This discussion has been closed.