This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

The next step

So homey is pretty stable for me so i retired my Homewizard. And i have some money left to spend on this hobby (not to much).
What would be the next step for you guys (and girls) if you where in my position.

At the moment i have:
Homey
Nest
Netatmo
Luxaflex Powerview motorisation (not working with homey)
LG Homebot (called Fikky, you have to see the faces of guest if homey tells it to go to the bench)
4x Kaku Wall Switch
3x Kaku build in (not used at the moment)
1x Kaku PIR (always detecting not really useable at the moment)
2x AMST 606 Magnet sensor (1 in use, sort of... homey doesn't detect it)
1x Kaku Wall switch (double one)(not in use)
1x Bluetooth logitech A2DP (Would love it if homey could use it in the future to send Spotify directly to it)
Doorbell on 433 (looks like select plus but its a Rev1.0, did work for a while but not at the moment)
Many main stream old devices (LG 

Why is there so much you don't use at te moment? That's because we just moved here and spended a lot of time renovating. We did al the work ourself and at that moment it just had to work without costing any money.

Eventually my ultimate goal is to automate everything. But where to start... witch devices. And I need the Girlfriend approval. I read the other topi about wifes... She isn't that difficult. Homewizard didn't function at all when i bought it a few years ago. 

The only thing is that i want it to automate but also would like to it as it used to work (makes the girlfriend accept is faster).

I have all sorts of idea's but cant decide. What would you do?

Comments

• I would start by throwing away all the KaKu stuff and replace it with Z-wave :)
    That's just based on what I see on the forum here, I don't have any KaKu equipment, but see people complaining about 433Mhz stuff in general...
  • I think your major point of improved would be in motion-detection; it will open up a lot more possibilities. Think about aeotec or Fibaro.
  • @Fire69, I'm using a lot of KaKu in my house with Homey and have no complainments about it. Max distance is 10 meters with 1 concrete floor and 2 concrete walls between Homey, transmitters and receivers.
  • tim1990 said:

LG Homebot (called Fikky, you have to see the faces of guest if homey tells it to go to the bench)

Great!   :p

I also have the hombot and did a software update once to make Karel (that's what we call it) less aggressive towards furniture. This works quite well.

Can you tell me what you did/used to connect the hombot to homey?
  • tim1990 said:

I also have the hombot and did a software update once to make Karel (that's what we call it) less aggressive towards furniture. This works quite well.

Take a look at this link:
    http://www.domotica.center/robotstofzuiger-lg-hombot-vparquet/

• This would be the only reason to buy another robot vacuumcleaner 
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited October 2016
    Are there any good led zwave dimmers? 

There still isn't a good alternative for a double dimmer is there 
  • My LG Hombot is called "Dusty"... because, you know why :)

The KAKU wall switch is very usable for a lot of things... mainly the things that are coming soon to Homey.
    I bought one (double switch) for the bathroom, which I am going to print black/seethrough labels for. Will make it, so:
    - Left button ON: Start playing my own Spotify favorites to the Sonos in the bathroom
    - Right button ON: Start playing my girlsfriends favorites to the Sonos
    - Left button OFF: Stop playing Sonos
    - Right button OFF: Next track

Some stuff that works well automated in my house and that I am really excited about:
    - The Philips Hue motion detector turns on the lights in the hallway => dimmed if after 23:00 and before 9:00, and otherwise "normal" light. After 2 minutes of no movement it turns off. Only thing that I don't like, is that it also turns off if I manually put it on. Didn't find a solution to that. (By the way, this doesn't use Homey at the moment... so perhaps with the new Homey Hue app update it will work through Homey with a decent solution).
    - The front door lock I have placed a Nuki on. Because I use a "senior cilinder" (a lock cilinder that you can open from the outside, even if there is a key on the inside), it uses the old way, but also through an app on your phone or if you set it up correctly, using Bluetooth / geofence combination of detecting if  you are in front of the door. I totally love it!
  • tim1990 said:
    tim1990 said:

Take a look at this link:
    http://www.domotica.center/robotstofzuiger-lg-hombot-vparquet/

Thanks, I will check it out!