This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Re-boot => odd devices status

EternityEternity Member
edited October 2016 in Questions & Help
After a PTP and the following reboot, all my devices return to the state they had prior to the reboot, but my ASUS KaKu controlled blinds OPEN if they were closed during the re-boot *and* my Samsung television switches ON.

So, when I came downstairs this morning, and saw that the television was on and the blinds already open, I knew I had received an update ;-)

Does anyone know why all other devices (kaku / z-wave / Themosmart / Lifx / Hue / Harmony) return to the previous state, but my Samsung and ASUN's don't.

Comments

• Maybe it is the way both are reacting on an OFF signal.
    Your TV can toggle that and goes on.
    The OFF for a blind is open or roll UP.

• Thanks @TheoDeKoning ;

Thing is, they should remember the last state. If a (KaKu) powerplug was ON prior to re reboot, it should still be ON after the reboot. If the blinds were closed before the reboot, they should not open after the reboot.
  • If they are remembered or not, if there is no action from Homey, whatsoever, nothing can change the status .  
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    Eternity
    By my update to 0.10.7 stable I saw that there where 2 devices that received an on command.
    Both are normally switching on by Homey by night sensors.
    That seems correct but you can by pas this state by time conditions afterwords.

It seems to me that you have a reason to ask Athom to changes this behaviour.
    There is only one question. If homey can't see that manual by pas switching, then what.