This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

KaKu doesnt work

I try to connect my KaKu ACD-1000 to my Homey, But it doesn't work.
I try to generate the signal by Homey because i haven't got an remote...

I also reset the Homey and reset my ACD-1000 by pushing the reset button in connect mode.

Could you help me?

Comments

• Remove the power from homey for a few minutes and try again
  • What is the distance between the kaku device and your Homey? Maybe try to pair the device closer to your Homey? 
    Otherwise you can also restart the 433mhz chip from the "Options " Page -> Stuff for geeks. That's faster than a reboot. :smile: 

• TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    Because I made a flew mistakes myself this is thus only for helping you.

After you choose the ADC-1000 icon on the page for pairing you activated the pairing on the ADC-1000 device.
    Then click quickly on then next button lower corner right on the page. (This is what I forget sometimes.)
    Complete the rest on the pages.

An other problem can be that there are sensor in the house like moving or magnetic censors.
    By activating them to go to your ADC-1000 device it can happened that the give a wrong signal to Homey.

• I've already push the button for restarting the 433mhz chip.
    I've also tried to disconnect the power..
    The distance between homey and my ACD was just 1 meter.

I'm gonna move homey from nearby my computer, maybe there is some interference..
    Let you guys know!

Thanks!
  • Its still not working also by placing Homey in another room,
    Can somebody help?
  • I've an AWST-8802 wich works, but when im trying to connect by generating a signal it doesnt work...
  • Have reset the AWST? Maybe that it keeps another code it works on in its memory and cannot add a custom one from homey?
  • How to reset the awst-8802? I didn't find anything about it...
  • @phil_s ;
    the awst-8802 is a sender, it doesn't have a memory
  • indeed... Interesting also, from the manual:
    Plaats KlikAanKlikUit ontvangers altijd minimaal 50 cm uit elkaar om interferentie te voorkomen. Het 433,92 MHz radiosignaal gaat door muren, ramen en deuren. Het bereik is afhankelijk van lokale omstandigheden, zoals de aanwezigheid van metalen of storingsbronnen. Zo kan de metaalfolie in dubbelglas (HR-glas) voor een afname van het draadloos bereik van KlikAanKlikUit zenders zorgen.

• @Baseje ;Baseje said:
    I've an AWST-8802 wich works, but when im trying to connect by generating a signal it doesnt work...
    Generating a signal for a AWST8802 is not an option as the sender always transmitsay the unique code from the factory.  adding a AWST8802 always asks to press the button and copies that signal.
  • Baseje said:
    I've an AWST-8802 wich works, but when im trying to connect by generating a signal it doesnt work...
    It is often that the distanced that Homey is not seeing that generated signal.
    When you generating that signal to a KaKu socket to pairing, is that well OK.  

• Sorry, my fault...
    I can easily connect my AWST to homey, but the ACD1000 wouldn't connect.

There are no other 433mhz devices in the room,
    I connect the ACD1000 by generating an signal in homey, also when i've reset the ACD.

Please help!
  • Hello,

I have tried about 12 KAKU sockets, but can not get one working.

How can I check that the 433 chip is working ??

• i've also checked 4 sockets (DIM and SWITCH)
  • JwoudenbergJwoudenberg Member
    edited November 2016
    My AWST8802 keeps failing on putting lights on with the switch.
    When i use a KaKu Remote AYCT-102 works fine.

Anyone got the AWST8892 working with a high rate of success?

When i add the AWST device it recognizes all the button pushes instantly, but when i use these in a flow it almost never work.
  • I have the AWST8802 here as well and interestingly enough it works at max 50cm from homey, but not further.... 

anyone any idea?
  • My AWST8802 keeps failing on putting lights on with the switch.
    When i use a KaKu Remote AYCT-102 works fine.

Anyone got the AWST8892 working with a high rate of success?

When i add the AWST device it recognizes all the button pushes instantly, but when i use these in a flow it almost never work.
    try a 2 sec delay in your flow
    IF button pushed Then turn turn light on with 2 sec delay
  • I returned the 8802 and got a 8800, its marginally better, but pretty bad... and just unreliable 
  • did you try the 2 sec delay?
  • I have a AWST-8802, a ACM-1000 and a AMST-606.
    They work correct in a free range of 1 a 2 meter from Homey. When I move them further, they lost connection.

It looks like the 433 Mhz receiver of the Homey is to weak or could it be another problem?

There are no other 433 devices and the batteries are brand new.