This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Setting up a PIR activity

To start on a negative note; I have a € 10,= Aldi PIR in my toilet, it automatically switches on/off the light based on motion and lux value. Installed in 3 minutes and works flawlessly.

I have a Homey programmed with 6 flows and variables, a Aeotec Motion sensor 6 and a Fibaro FGS-222 ( costing € 450,=) to control the lights in my bathroom and find myself showering in the dark...

The flows I use are copied from this forum I have created variables based on the lux value measured by the Aeotec, and set a Countdowntimer to switch of the light after "no motion". I have a feeling that the Aeotec settings are confusing these flow; the motion sensor can be programmed to stop the motion sensor status "movement triggered":

So, it works but doesn't work as I would like it to do.

Question: does anyone have a similar setup and a "PIR simulation" working as it should?

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2016
    This morning this was posted on Slack about the update on the Aeotec app, perhaps it will fix your flows ? Here have this working but with fibaro multisensors and LIFX lights, almost like you have it with a timer after movement :smile: 

aeotec app has been updated (1.1.1) with the fix for the MS6 (for 95% of the people), you will need to re-include it if you haven't had it working before so the settings get applied properly.
    Is your countdown maybe to short before it turn's of the light? Can you otherwise share how you build your flows here (screenshots)

edit:

You can settle for a less than ordinary device, or do you feel like you were meant for using something better? 

Edited quote from Star Trek :smile: 

• I have the same setup, using a fibaro multisensor in my kitchen, which switches on the Hue Lights, and a countdown timer that if no movement it counts down and switch lights of, but if I stay in the kitchen after te timer is done the lights go of even if i'm still in the kitchen.
    The multisensor, light up long if I enter the room, and the light go on, wile moving arround in the kitchen I see the sensor regulair lights up shortly so its detecting me but the countdown timer is not reset. still waiting on a good example with Sensor settings.
  • Thats the question that ive asked for a time ago, i think we needed a presence sensor , but i dont have see anyone in the Z-Wave World only for normal standard light Installations. 
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited October 2016
    Eternity said:

Question: does anyone have a similar setup and a "PIR simulation" working as it should?

Yes, I have the lights in our Walk in Closet switched that way:

3 flows:

Relevant settings on the Multisensor:

The 10 seconds means that 10 seconds after the last motion the motion alarm will be turned off.

I want the sensor to send a report if the difference between the last measurement (at the wake-up interval below) differs at least 10 lux.

I've set the Wake-Up Interval to 600 so the lux value is evaluated every 10 minutes.

(I've also entered the RAW Configuration Parameters because at earlier firmware the UI settings did not give the desired result but the RAW settings did, I am not yet sure if the UI settings work good now will test that thoroughly when I find some time.)

The only problem with the way I build it is that if the sensor wakes up when the lights are on the lux value is set very high for at least the next 10 minutes. If the lights go out during that 10 minutes and movement is detected again the lights will not switch on. That can be fixed by only setting a new value in the Lux - WiC variable if the lights are off.

• Thanks for all the response guys!

I will try the alternative flows, and also edit the Aeotec MS parameters
  • Thanks,  I will need to experriment a little more with the Fibaro settings I guess. 
This discussion has been closed.